New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

you know what the club could do to get the south stand rocking. portion off the seats into sections of 100, place a decibel reader bang in the middle of the 100 seats. the loudest section over the course of the season (highest average) gets free season tickets for the following year.
Which section can boo loudest?

Pat Jennings was the half time guest speaker at the last game. Because the stadium has a world-class, 550-speaker, state-of-the-art sound system, Pat must have had a gob full of cotton wool, because all I could hear was wwwwbbbmmm wwbbnm mbbbwwwbb wwwwbbb mmmnnn.

Nice interview, Pat!

h4rvVz8.png

Pat Jennings was the half time guest speaker at the last game. Because the stadium has a world-class, 550-speaker, state-of-the-art sound system, Pat must have had a gob full of cotton wool, because all I could hear was wwwwbbbmmm wwbbnm mbbbwwwbb wwwwbbb mmmnnn.

Nice interview, Pat!

h4rvVz8.png
That's how Pat speaks. He's always had a deep voice and a strong accent.

A proper gentleman.

Nice interview, Pat!

h4rvVz8.png
Wonder if it would be better to have the guests before KO instead as there can't be many who stay in the there seats @ HT? ( Technical issues aside)

I thought it was quite amusing to have breakfast pies and breakfast pizzas available, good ol' Dan, never misses a trick! ;)

(Seriously, the pie was actually quite nice. My friend however got served cold chicken on lukewarm noodles. She was told that's how it comes, I would have insisted on my money back).

Ranked by match day experience...

Any list that has Wembley in the Top 10 can instantly be dismissed.

Anyway, lets look at the rest of that 'Top 10'...
Ibrox / Celtic Park - never been to either, and can't comment on how good they are. But they're in Scotland, so who cares anyway
Anfield - haven't been there for a few years, but it was bang average back then. Does any of the fairly recent renovation work make it any better?
Craven Cottage - its an average little stadium, only improved by it being in a nice/posh location next to the river in London. Nothing else about it stands out apart from previously having a 'neutral' section (i.e. more away fans).
Old Trafford - big stadium, with shitty little seats
Villa Park - old stadium, average in the extreme
St James Park - any stadium designed specifically to seat the away fans in the gods should be nowhere near any top stadium list. Shouldn't even be allowed in the Premier League.
Tynecastle Park - never been there, but its a small old stadium in Scotland thats been renovated a few times over the years. Again, who cares.

So - our stadium is clearly the best of that bunch by a country mile.

I also prefer to use the word 'stadia' when referring to the plural of stadium, rather than 'stadiums'....but that's just me being a pedant!

With the prices in the ground definitely not gonna spend that much time in there anymore, will go back to the pub before the game and only have a couple after the game if there's music on then will leave early to go back in the pub.
The price for 2 burgers was the same price as my Uber home after the game at the weekend

With the prices in the ground definitely not gonna spend that much time in there anymore, will go back to the pub before the game and only have a couple after the game if there's music on then will leave early to go back in the pub.
The price for 2 burgers was the same price as my Uber home after the game at the weekend
Took the grandkids and one of my sons last week:

- Two frankfurters and chips
- One portion of chips
- Two beers
- Two Cokes

£38.75 :levylol:

FFS

- One portion of chips
- Two beers
- Two Cokes

FFS
Yeah because of the transport last weekend ended up in the white horse after not going in there for years and was alright.
2 beers for the price of one in the ground , got told though the price of a pint in the number 8 bar is £8!!

Mate of mine was charged £10.80 for a pint in No8 on Saturday.

My usual pre match haunt (The Corner Pin) have put prices up to over £6 a pint on a match day now.

Mate of mine was charged £10.80 for a pint in No8 on Saturday.

My usual pre match haunt (The Corner Pin) have put prices up to over £6 a pint on a match day now.
I knew it’d gone up to £7 a pint, but what was he having? Pint with a whiskey top?

I made the mistake of ordering a large G&T in there a while back. £15.

I knew it’d gone up to £7 a pint, but what was he having? Pint with a whiskey top?

£35 a bottle.

£80 with a wee box.

:levylol:

- One portion of chips
- Two beers
- Two Cokes

FFS

Man dat crazy!

I can see why some people are put off going!

For the Chelsea game I've already forked out £70 for the ticket and £60 for the train return. So that's £130 without even taking into account tube ticket, and drink/food for the day. Weekend gonna set me back £200 easily.

I've no idea what he ordered, was before I and others arrived at the Pin and he ventured in there.

Said a woman next to him had ordered a Fosters (🤢) and was told it was £8, she told the bloke behind the bar to fuck off and walked out.

Back
Top Bottom