New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Its amazing with every video I watch that it's not ready . For all other fans really shit banter they must be so jealous. There isn't a better purpose built football stadium in the world.

What a strange time it's been but when we move in I think we're going to really step up to the next level. First commercially and then hopefully on the pitch.

Wonder how far off he is from getting a sponsor.

Been told the first test event is March 16th, youth game!!! The 2nd should be 30th March, although there is a caveat to this due to of the uncertainty of the Brighton FA Cup game.

All being well we are all go for April (just the outcome of the Brighton game creating a bit of uncertainty)

If it's true that they have to announce test events with a two weeks notice, there must be an announcement today or tomorrow.

Imagine the atmosphere tomorrow if they confirmed a definite date this season.... at least until someone has a brainfart.

Yes, usually along the lines of "we'll learn from this" "pick ourselves up"
I'm seeing more than enough "here are some clips of previous derbies" and there will probably be a few pics from training. Also the press conference that for some reason is always scheduled for 12:30 but we don't get live updates until 13:30.

Good point - they would need to tell Uefa pretty much straight away after the draw - that's on 15th March
And fingers crossed, our home leg would be the second leg of the tie...

So perhaps any announcement (if there is one next week) would have to include a caveat of 'in the event of a CL home tie on the 9th April', etc etc.

They can't keep the fans in the dark until mid March for the CL draw - would be madness.

And fingers crossed, our home leg would be the second leg of the tie...

So perhaps any announcement (if there is one next week) would have to include a caveat of 'in the event of a CL home tie on the 9th April', etc etc.

They can't keep the fans in the dark until mid March for the CL draw - would be madness.

I guess the only issue for the CL game is would they let us have the caveat that the game would need to relocate to Wembley if the test events are failed?

We can't 100% commit to the next round being able to be played at NWHL until they have been carried out.

Possible that the club is sitting on an announcement until Tuesday evening?

If we get through to the CL quarter finals, they are held on the 9th-10th and 16th-17th of April...
:levyeyes:
My chappy said to me that if the test events (hoping he's correct on the dates) are all OK then they are systems go for "any" game in April. I was automatically assuming the only caution being applied was because of the result regarding Brighton's FA Cup game but your point is arguably more relevant.

Don't know if anyone has noticed, but every game that may be played at the new stadium has an early kick off. To me this is crazy, but for some strange reason it would appear the club has requested to Sky/BT that they want an early game. Attempting to get 62,000 supporters into the ground for mid day, especially as many of them have to get from the other end of the country appears very strange indeed. This will be a strain on the supporters, the staff, and the police, but there you go.

Back
Top Bottom