New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fuck all wrong with chinos.
You're 3rd from the left?
durhamRT.png

I wonder if that illuminated cock (oo err) will be a permanent feature in the evenings from now on. Checking the live cams, it's still on now.

With that and the rest of the lighting on the aluminium cladding, the new stadium will look amazing on those Glory Glory nights.
:pochohshit:

Edit: looking at Time Lapse 1, it appears that it came on at bang on 7pm: which makes it seem more like a conscious piece of timing rather than simply testing.
:sonhmm:

I love Wembley. Pick n mix, popcorn, Budweiser, half n half scarves, chicken curry pies in a brown paper bag (who thought that one up?). And I haven’t even found the candy floss stall yet. What’s not to like?
Urghh, bloody Budweiser...in a plastic bottle, that you can't even take to your seat! Unless you stuff it in a pocket but of course the bottle is open. You can see how this ends up.

Does anyone know if we will be able to take alcohol to our seats at the new ground?

Urghh, bloody Budweiser...in a plastic bottle, that you can't even take to your seat! Unless you stuff it in a pocket but of course the bottle is open. You can see how this ends up.

Does anyone know if we will be able to take alcohol to our seats at the new ground?

UK law is you cannot drink alcohol within sight of the pitch - so no not until law is changed

True. I am but a humble One Hotspur + member and it would have been incredibly difficult to see Spurs in the Champions League, especially in glamour games, with the old capacity of WHL. Yet because of Wembley, I've been able to go to Dortmund, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juve, and looking forward to Dortmund again on the 13th.

The shame is that the 'peak' moment where NWHL was like an oasis in the desert of Wembley sterility has been and gone in the earlier half of this season (not that there won't be an incredible buzz when it finally happens) and now we're seeing the fatigue from fans.

I genuinely think it would have been better received had the club just planned from the start to be in Wembley for two seasons - no one likes feeling strung along or seeing goalposts shifted (no pun intended). The fire safety stuff is fair reason for the last minute change though.

I'm the same, only ever been a member since 1990. Used to go a lot but moved away, work shifts and a lot at weekends and young family restrict when I can go.

Last season at Wembley I got to more games than for a few years as was actually easier to get to for me (still a 9 hr round trip) and more availability of tickets. This season though with the potential move to the new ground I decided not to go back in the autumn and save the goodwill with the wife for the odd game I can make for when we moved back home. Obviously that plan has not worked out as I thought so I have started going to Wembley again. I'm sure there will be other people in a similar position and if the decision had been made for us to be away for 2 seasons then we would have planned for that in a different way and possibly attendances may not have suffered so much.

I wonder if that illuminated cock (oo err) will be a permanent feature in the evenings from now on. Checking the live cams, it's still on now.

With that and the rest of the lighting on the aluminium cladding, the new stadium will look amazing on those Glory Glory nights.
:pochohshit:

Edit: looking at Time Lapse 1, it appears that it came on at bang on 7pm: which makes it seem more like a conscious piece of timing rather than simply testing.
:sonhmm:
Also, an event going on tonight, the NFL is being screened live for executive members.

Spursidol Spursidol and SpiderSpurs SpiderSpurs thanks for the reply. I hadn't realised that was the law. Was never that bothered at WHL about drinking as had to drive part of the way home. But I have had the chance at Wembley and its such a shame when you finally get your drink to have to throw it down. At least I will be able to stay afterwards at the new ground and enjoy a pint!

Spursidol Spursidol and SpiderSpurs SpiderSpurs thanks for the reply. I hadn't realised that was the law. Was never that bothered at WHL about drinking as had to drive part of the way home. But I have had the chance at Wembley and its such a shame when you finally get your drink to have to throw it down. At least I will be able to stay afterwards at the new ground and enjoy a pint!

It's a bit outdated I think now, hopefully safe standing will bring an end to it slowly.

Always found it a little strange that I could be watching a rugby game at a football stadium with a beer in my seat, but a couple of days later at the same stadium at a football match, no beer allowed.

Back
Top Bottom