New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hmm... I get the point about football tourism. However I've gone to see teams I don't support for the experience of going to a different ground, seeing football in a different country and just because I enjoy going to football matches. But I know how to behave when watching football as a neutral. It's not like the rules of it are even complicated or go against standard common sense. I think there is a large amount of this that can be put down to plain old people behaving like dickheads.
You mean it might've been the Liverpool fans fault for the treatment they got?

can-of-worms.jpg

Can anyone from an earlier phase elaborate on what this means:

Thank you for selecting your season ticket seat for the 2018/19 season.

Within the next 24 hours, we will contact both yourself and every season ticket holder you have secured seats for via email with further information about your new season tickets.

Within the next 24 hours, we will contact both yourself and every season ticket holder you have secured seats for via email with further information about your new season tickets.
It just means they will be emailing you explaining what part of Wembley you'll be sitting in next year......

The club is basically acknowledging your seating preferences, and will then come back to you and inform you which seats have been allocated to you. I hope you get something similar to what you requested, not everyone has been so lucky so far.

It'll be info about how to pay the full price of the season ticket I guess

Anybody else prefer the original designs for the ground ? not to say I don't like the final design ofcourse

tottenham_new_stadium07.jpg

tottenham_new_stadium02.jpg
I think I probably did prefer the way the single tier was very much standalone in the original design, rather than curving round and blending a bit more into the sideline stands.

But other than that, the new design is superior to the old one in every single way. Not least the fact we've got about 6,000 extra seats. But also the external cladding is a different class now (I already like it but it will look far better once it's all backlit), the sliding pitch adds a lot more revenue possibilities for the club, the south stand atrium and all that comes with looks incredible (got my ST in the south yesterday - can't wait for that!), and just generally the internal spec has improved dramatically.

Then again, all those things come at the cost of an extra £300m if reports are to be believed, so it should be better!!

Seeing the West stand from Alexandra Palace is quite a sight. You can see the detail quite clearly from 2-3 miles away (Branding will be important). It made me quite emotional. With cladding it is going to be incredible.
And the South Stand...my word...just amazing from that view. It is fucking huge. Again you can see the detail. With glass coming in, just wow.

Seeing the West stand from Alexandra Palace is quite a sight. You can see the detail quite clearly from 2-3 miles away (Branding will be important). It made me quite emotional. With cladding it is going to be incredible.
And the South Stand...my word...just amazing from that view. It is fucking huge. Again you can see the detail. With glass coming in, just wow.
Did you take any pics?

I think I probably did prefer the way the single tier was very much standalone in the original design, rather than curving round and blending a bit more into the sideline stands.

But other than that, the new design is superior to the old one in every single way. Not least the fact we've got about 6,000 extra seats. But also the external cladding is a different class now (I already like it but it will look far better once it's all backlit), the sliding pitch adds a lot more revenue possibilities for the club, the south stand atrium and all that comes with looks incredible (got my ST in the south yesterday - can't wait for that!), and just generally the internal spec has improved dramatically.

Then again, all those things come at the cost of an extra £300m if reports are to be believed, so it should be better!!

Long time no see mate.

What Block did you go for?

Has anyone here visited the site purely to see the site, like gone out of their way? rather than being local and popping by. I have my first free Saturday in ages and am thinking to go, about an 80 minute journey.

Is that really nerdy? I need reassurance it's a normal thing to do.

Has anyone here visited the site purely to see the site, like gone out of their way? rather than being local and popping by. I have my first free Saturday in ages and am thinking to go, about an 80 minute journey.

I would say it is obligatory, take in the sights, grab a kebab and a pint.. Perfect way to spend a free Saturday :) . I am lucky enough to have seen it a few times and I am amazed how it changes over even a short period of time.

People visit all manner of structures and architecture that they have an interest in all the time

This is no different and your interest is coupled with an emotional attachment

Totally normal in my book

Me and a couple of my family wanted to see it and went a few weeks ago, solely for seeing the ground
I don't know if that makes it normal mind :levyeyes:
But if you can do, go, it really is a sight to behold

I’ve done it. Partly to avoid going home to the wife and kids. Partly to go to Chick King and the Antwerp Arms.

I would say it is obligatory, take in the sights, grab a kebab and a pint.. Perfect way to spend a free Saturday :) . I am lucky enough to have seen it a few times and I am amazed how it changes over even a short period of time.
My parents are popping by Tottenham on their way to Wembley tomorrow to see it. Think they wanna see what they'll be getting for their £1500 each...

Back
Top Bottom