New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What's the difference between a fitting and a fixture? I asked an estate agent and a solicitor and they had no bloody clue.
From a plumbing perspective, a fitting is typically something like a shower head or a faucet that will typically control the flow of water. A fixture is generally something deals with receiving a flow of water, such as a drain, sink bowl, or toilet.

So, if I want a ticket close to, or equivalent to, my old seat in old WHL (I've accepted that my old seat was plum and would lose out to the hyper-prised corporate ones) it has still doubled, gone from approx £1,000 (can't remember the cost exactly) to £2000, for a seat not as good as the old one!!!!

Sighs heavily and now busily clicking seat options on the interactive doo-dah, which is very good, no West Ham fakery here.

Anyway looks like another £250 flying out the back bin.

BTW - Yes, it's posh what with the new bars and shiny floors but I like that, I assume the food is edible in the new place (please don't let that be £20 for a burger), the last thing I ate at WHL was about 5yrs ago, a bagel as dry as the desert with the skinniest slither of salmon, I couldn't finish it, it was so shit.

I also love the fact that fans can meet up with other people/mates who are seated in different part of the stadium, this changes a match day experience for me. I can have a drink with a bunch of us who are scattered all over the place, really like this.

So, if I want a ticket close to, or equivalent to, my old seat in old WHL (I've accepted that my old seat was plum and would lose out to the hyper-prised corporate ones) it has still doubled, gone from approx £1,000 (can't remember the cost exactly) to £2000, for a seat not as good as the old one!!!!

Sighs heavily and now busily clicking seat options on the interactive doo-dah, which is very good, no West Ham fakery here.

Anyway looks like another £250 flying out the back bin.

BTW - Yes, it's posh what with the new bars and shiny floors but I like that, I assume the food is edible in the new place (please don't let that be £20 for a burger), the last thing I ate at WHL was about 5yrs ago, a bagel as dry as the desert with the skinniest slither of salmon, I couldn't finish it, it was so shit.

I also love the fact that fans can meet up with other people/mates who are seated in different part of the stadium, this changes a match day experience for me. I can have a drink with a bunch of us who are scattered all over the place, really like this.
I tell you what I do like is that, outside of the Cheese Club, they have built something for everyone that is access all areas for the most part. The Library you have to be club level to get access to a decent bar, with this you'll be able to have whatever type of pre/post match experience you want. And I like the idea of the marketplace having a ton of food options.

Still, Mrs Wookie is going to be pretty fucking upset when I cancel our summer holiday to pay for this coming season.
:memelol:

What's the difference between a fitting and a fixture? I asked an estate agent and a solicitor and they had no bloody clue.
A fixture is something that is permanently attached, or fixed as it were, to the floor or walls. A fitting is something that is not physically attached, such as a picture hanging off a hook.

Last edited:
You get nice bars though...

Bf4jOY9.png

Will feature bricks salvaged from the old WHL. Loving the efforts taken to pay homage to our old home.

The price of my season ticket in the new stadium is pretty much the same as what I was paying in WHL, so I understand I'm probably the exception here, but when you take into consideration the quality of stadium we are moving in to (and all the debt it brings) I'm not surprised season ticket prices have increased.

I am a bit surprised to be honest how many on TFC think 44% hikes are acceptable. I obviously misjudged the sentiment!

And how well off so many posters are!

I'm not sure it's that people think it's acceptable; it's more that - especially after the pricing at Wembley - people had been expecting this and were braced for it. Which doesn't make it ok, obviously.

Well, I'm not shocked at the prices - never realistically expected them to be anywhere near what they were at WHL. Disappointed that the club chose to do this, but not surprised.

By the way, it's shocking how little of the stadium they've actually priced at the lowest price points. By my estimates, there are only 652 seats in the stadium priced at the lowest point of £795 for adults. That's a whopping 1.1% of the total 62062 seats. However, those 652 seats are all in the family area in the north-west corner, and are only available when purchasing along with a Junior ticket too! If you want a regular adult season ticket, £875 is the cheapest, and that is available in a grand total of... 1062 seats, or 1.7% of the stadium. Yes, I counted them up.

It's almost like the club know that plenty of lazy media outlets will only quote the cheapest and the dearest season tickets, so they put in token numbers of them at lower price points to make sure those are the prices that get quoted...

Everyone should have said they wanted seats anywhere but the South stand...they've really stuck the arm in there...for a stand where they want atmosphere they really have shit the bed a bit.

By the way, how does everyone feel about this bit?

"In our well-connected cashless stadium, all payments are to be made using either a contactless card or via your mobile phone to help speed up service."

Personally I'm fine with it, but I imagine it could be annoying for tourists from countries that don't do contactless cards (the US?!), and for those who simply prefer cash. Also, it wouldn't be that difficult to rack up a food and beer bill exceeding the £30 contactless purchase limit, surely?!

Doubt that it'll make much difference to service speed anyway as payment generally isn't the bottleneck.

The prices were what I expected. Find it odd hearing some lads moan about them when I know they drop near enough a grand on a new outfit every month.

Hate to say it but I feel like these prices could lead us to being Woolwich. 2.0. The stadium looks brilliant but it's the people in it that makes the place.

By the way, how does everyone feel about this bit?

"In our well-connected cashless stadium, all payments are to be made using either a contactless card or via your mobile phone to help speed up service."

Personally I'm fine with it, but I imagine it could be annoying for tourists from countries that don't do contactless cards (the US?!), and for those who simply prefer cash. Also, it wouldn't be that difficult to rack up a food and beer bill exceeding the £30 contactless purchase limit, surely?!

Doubt that it'll make much difference to service speed anyway as payment generally isn't the bottleneck.

I might be wrong, but I think the contactless card will be your season ticket / membership card.

Back
Top Bottom