New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just spoke to a guy that's working on the new stadium. He says there's no way in a million years it will be ready for August. A year at least he says

Wonder what he does there that he can have this type of knowledge about timescales? That is saying it’s running over 7 months behind schedule..........

Seeing we have an NFL game there in October(?) I’m guessing he’s talking out of his backside.

And if he does know something he should really learn to keep his mouth shut if he wants to stay in a job.

Just spoke to a guy that's working on the new stadium. He says there's no way in a million years it will be ready for August. A year at least he says
8388.jpg

Wonder what he does there that he can have this type of knowledge about timescales? That is saying it’s running over 7 months behind schedule..........

Seeing we have an NFL game there in October(?) I’m guessing he’s talking out of his backside.

And if he does know something he should really learn to keep his mouth shut if he wants to stay in a job.

He is an engineer - working for Mace, contracted to the stadium development. His words. Not interested in football - purely, discussing his job.
That NFL game will be taking place elsewhere, I would suggest

Unless he’s actually Levy, can we take the word of one engineer that the stadium is still a year from completion. Think there are a lot of penalties in place if Mace cannot get the project completed in time. Think you need to have a word with your pal and tell him to pull his finger out and get on with it. Roof lift looking like it’s happening so we’re there abouts or not far behind schedule.

Unless he’s actually Levy, can we take the word of one engineer that the stadium is still a year from completion. Think there are a lot of penalties in place if Mace cannot get the project completed in time. Think you need to have a word with your pal and tell him to pull his finger out and get on with it. Roof lift looking like it’s happening so we’re there abouts or not far behind schedule.

What qualifies your assessment then? “So we’re there abouts”?
I was just repeated the words of someone who’s working on the stadium. Seems like a slightly more valid source than yours.

I work with three people.
One said the thing we are working on will be ready in a few days.
I said it will take a few weeks. It took months. We all have different judgements and things can go equally better than they can worse.

Now imagine working with thousands of people. One says it will it won't be ready so that's gospel?

:deledoubt:

The roof lift struts are in place the cables being tensioned. The talk of this was for February. Not to talk your friend down, one engineer on a site of hundreds, I’m sure there is always one contrary voice. The club would not be announcing events if we were behind by a year. It’s commercial suicide.

The roof lift struts are in place the cables being tensioned. The talk of this was for February. Not to talk your friend down, one engineer on a site of hundreds, I’m sure there is always one contrary voice. The club would not be announcing events if we were behind by a year. It’s commercial suicide.
We will know soon enough because if it is so far behind schedule, presumably we would have to let Wembley know that we were taking a second year there. Iirc we had until 30/4/17 to make the choice for this season, so all should be clear in a couple of months.
I think we will be there or thereabouts. My only concern is that even a delay of a couple of months could mean another season at Wembley.
I think I read on here that we have to play all our home games at a single venue, so we could fall foul of that particular rule. Keeping everything crossed that all goes to plan.

He is an engineer - working for Mace, contracted to the stadium development. His words. Not interested in football - purely, discussing his job.
That NFL game will be taking place elsewhere, I would suggest

Just makes zero sense. NFL match announced quite recently. Yet they know the stadium not being built in time? Personally I find it hard to believe. What can take so long?

I also know the industry I am in is providing fixtures and fittings now. We and other companies I know have been tendering with specific timescales.

So while he undoubtedly knows more than me to be running that far behind and the club to then also start the season ticket selling process for the new stadium makes no sense whatsoever.

Ultimately will just make Mace look like rank amateurs if true.

Roof lift won’t be done until the last week of March. As long as the roof panels are ready to go come April then the roof delay should not be of great concern.

Didn’t we just announce the NFL match in January? About six weeks ago?

So we didn’t know that we were a year behind six weeks ago?

Sounds like a wind up to me.

I work with three people.
One said the thing we are working on will be ready in a few days.
I said it will take a few weeks. It took months. We all have different judgements and things can go equally better than they can worse.

Now imagine working with thousands of people. One says it will it won't be ready so that's gospel?

:deledoubt:
Agree, when at work and targets were being set there were some who said, Yes no problem and others like me would be more cautious and say that will be difficult etc. However this did not affect the outcome as both of us gave it our best.
A bit like match threads, some say we will smash them 4/5-0 and others more cautious tight game win by odd goal. Does not affect the outcome.

Back
Top Bottom