New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yy47Uju.jpg

Name game: Uber? No, how about Qatar Airways?

Since Wednesday it’s been a hotly debated issue once more: who will grab Tottenham’s naming rights? And once again it was caused by a leaked photo, this time of a stadium model with “Uber Stadium” engraved into it.

Tottenham haven’t commented on the supposed partnership, but Uber dismissed the claims. It’s now reported that the London club did approach Uber, but the naming rights aren’t discussed any more.

This is where our “third leak” comes in. During the research for quality images of the new corporate areas we surprisingly found what you can see below. These images are fresh, dated as October 2016 marketing material.

sJx6LqQ.jpg

UeOniW3.jpg

In a way it would be fitting for derby rivals in north London to have stadiums named after competing airlines from the same region of the world, but more importantly Qatari investors have been linked to the Tottenham stadium project for years now.

The first Qatar Airways naming rights rumour that we know of dates back to 2011 when Tottenham were still struggling to deliver their old stadium design. It then kept resurfacing several times until a month ago when The Times claimed that Qatar Investment Authority would become the stadium sponsor.

A 6-year deal worth £25 million annually ($30m, exactly the price expected by Tottenham) is what The Times described. These latest images seem to suggest, at the very least, that Qatar Airways should not yet be ruled out as potential naming rights partner.
:roseunsure:

Never been afraid of competition, give me a level playing field and I'll wipe the floor with any private hire driver, but since TFL took control of London Taxis & Private the standards of PH especially since Ushit hit town has been out of control.
In 3 years PH numbers have swelled from 45,000 to 112,000 with most being drawn from mass immigration.
Cheap Labour ready made for Uber to exploit with no workers rights, and very little legal rights either.
David Cameron is complicit in this shit, he just happens to be the Godfather of Rachel Wherstone who helps run Uber London.
Leon Daniels who is head of surface transport was communicating emails to Uber helping them with ways of getting round the obstacles to get a license to operate!!!
Uber pays no U.K. Tax, has no landline to consider complaints, has no uk office and cannot offer a register of all bookings required in advance of job allocation.
They call their drivers partners, and once the driver accepts a job any problem is between you and the driver.
The project for Uber is to swamp and bury any opposition and once they succeed then they will raise their so called cheap service.
Got a driving license, go on give it a go I'm sure you'll love it
Looks like you were right going off what I saw on the news today.
Cheeky uber drivers want minimum wage & holiday pay.
Lots of people are getting ripped off now with companies using zero hours contracts, agency workers or by making them self employed to exploit workers.
Uber under paying drivers to undercut black cab drivers.

Last edited:
Name game: Uber? No, how about Qatar Airways?

Since Wednesday it’s been a hotly debated issue once more: who will grab Tottenham’s naming rights? And once again it was caused by a leaked photo, this time of a stadium model with “Uber Stadium” engraved into it.

Tottenham haven’t commented on the supposed partnership, but Uber dismissed the claims. It’s now reported that the London club did approach Uber, but the naming rights aren’t discussed any more.

This is where our “third leak” comes in. During the research for quality images of the new corporate areas we surprisingly found what you can see below. These images are fresh, dated as October 2016 marketing material.

sJx6LqQ.jpg

UeOniW3.jpg

In a way it would be fitting for derby rivals in north London to have stadiums named after competing airlines from the same region of the world, but more importantly Qatari investors have been linked to the Tottenham stadium project for years now.

The first Qatar Airways naming rights rumour that we know of dates back to 2011 when Tottenham were still struggling to deliver their old stadium design. It then kept resurfacing several times until a month ago when The Times claimed that Qatar Investment Authority would become the stadium sponsor.

A 6-year deal worth £25 million annually ($30m, exactly the price expected by Tottenham) is what The Times described. These latest images seem to suggest, at the very least, that Qatar Airways should not yet be ruled out as potential naming rights partner.
:roseunsure:
Bleh. A few dramatic souls claimed Uber was tantamount to slave labor. Is that really supposed to be worse than ACTUAL slave labor?

This is a huge step backward, even if we can wring more money out of them than Uber.

Burgundy is still red, basically. So I'm not in favour. I expect there are mock ups of a dozen different companies though that have been done to try and temp sponsors. Levy is smart, he wants interest from multiple parties to put the price up and I expect there will be leaks to generate interest and media attention. I also don't think a deal will be signed until most of the stadium is built and it starts looking really good as that is what sponsors are buying, right now they have to visualize what it will eventually look like which is a bit different.

Most of the ones I speak to are very happy with their job, their previous minicabbing jobs sounded a lot worse.

If i want to pay over the double price so i get your "customer service" (even though i usually get water and a phone charge in an uber) and "expertise" i'll let you know......wouldn't hold your breath
When Uber have totally cornered the taxi market, don't worry they will put up their prices.
The only way they can make it cheap now is because their workers al all subsidised by the taxpayer. It's not cheaper as you are paying their housing benefit and tax credits.
Why demolish an industry where the workers are no burden to the state and pay taxes. Why was the knowledge introduced in the first place?
Wasn't it to discourage bad service? Uber operated illegally, claimed they didn't and now have admitted they did by complying with the pre booking laws other cabbies had to adhere too when they didn't building the business.
If an uber cabbie's work car is their private car how come they don't have hire and reward for their private car?
There is no such policy that lets you alternate between policies.
Most get hire and reward, dump it after a moth and drive you around on normal insurance as H&R is more expensive.
There is nothing wrong with anyone wanting to be a cabbie. If they want to be why not take the knowledge. Is it too hard for them, will they then have to pay full rent, lose their NHS benefits and tax credits?
I notice that the lawyers are clamping down on McKenzie friends, basically unqualified legal reps who charge expenses for advising in court. They are rising in divorce courts, civil cases as Lawyers are charging too much and dragging it out.
The Lawyers acted to protect their business. Why not take a law degree like me.
The now are passing a law which will make it illegal for McKenzie friends to charge expenses as they feel they losing custom.

The kind of people who will make a fuss about a child sewing their clothes together but demands to be driven about London for fuck all and the geezer should then also make peanuts doing so.
Why should I pay for that privilege? They are just cab drivers. I'm a code writer.
Uber exploits people and it doesn't care who drives their cars. Uber passengers don't care who's driving them, if the driver earns a decent living, if they will be insured in an accident ....as long as it's cheap.
Why should cabs be cheap? Get a fucking car you cheap cunts.
It's another way of belittling a working class job that had some prestige attached, Is it expected it to be cheap because any monkey can do it?
That's the point of the knowledge where people spend years learning routes and streets without the aid of a sat nav. It makes it a profession.
That's why they have to have background checks, valid insurance, MOT's and drug checks.
That's why there have been 2 incidents of black cabbies committing a sexual assault since I can remember. Perry and Warboys.
Yet last year the were 32 accusations of sexual assaults/rapes by UBER drivers.
Hey, but's it's fucking cheaper.

BTW I Hailo'd a cab for an Italian girl who has been here 5 days. Quicker than UBEr...all the time.
If I would have taken an uber lux from here to Old Montagu st £16-21..thats a Merc (which you can get from my local mini cab office for the price of a normal cab)
The cheapest UBER would be £8. In a Prius. Without a tip..I know most UBER passengers are a bit shy about tipping, don't expect to - like they are with any serviced based industry workers.
The black cab cost me £12 charged to my card, that's with the 25% tip I have included in my profile!
So, that's not that much difference between a black cab, which has better leg room, is far more comfortable, is fully insured, has a vetted legal driver ( who knew where Old Montague Street was without aid of Sat Nav) who was not working for a company who's workforce is subsidised by the UK taxpayer. I also didn't have to worry if she would be the latest statistic in sexual assaults.
I'd say it's worth the extra 75p-£1.

Last edited:
I like sitting in the back of black cabs. The cabs are designed to take people around London in comfort, and a group of 4 or 5 can face each other and have a laugh whist on their journey. If I lived in the back of beyond like VirginiaSpur VirginiaSpur I'd take an uber.

Why can't everyone stop moaning like dogs about every single thing in the fucking world, and just fucking get on with it? Jesus.

When Uber have totally cornered the taxi market, don't worry they will put up their prices.
The only way they can make it cheap now is because their workers al all subsidised by the taxpayer. It's not cheaper as you are paying their housing benefit and tax credits.
Why demolish an industry where the workers are no burden to the state and pay taxes. Why was the knowledge introduced in the first place?
Wasn't it to discourage bad service? Uber operated illegally, claimed they didn't and now have admitted they did by complying with the pre booking laws other cabbies had to adhere too when they didn't building the business.
If an uber cabbie's work car is their private car how come they don't have hire and reward for their private car?
There is no such policy that lets you alternate between policies.
Most get hire and reward, dump it after a moth and drive you around on normal insurance as H&R is more expensive.
There is nothing wrong with anyone wanting to be a cabbie. If they want to be why not take the knowledge. Is it too hard for them, will they then have to pay full rent, lose their NHS benefits and tax credits?
I notice that the lawyers are clamping down on McKenzie friends, basically unqualified legal reps who charge expenses for advising in court. They are rising in divorce courts, civil cases as Lawyers are charging too much and dragging it out.
The Lawyers acted to protect their business. Why not take a law degree like me.
The now are passing a law which will make it illegal for McKenzie friends to charge expenses as they feel they losing custom.

The kind of people who will make a fuss about a child sewing their clothes together but demands to be driven about London for fuck all and the geezer should then also make peanuts doing so.
Why should I pay for that privilege? They are just cab drivers. I'm a code writer.
Uber exploits people and it doesn't care who drives their cars. Uber passengers don't care who's driving them, if the driver earns a decent living, if they will be insured in an accident ....as long as it's cheap.
Why should cabs be cheap? Get a fucking car you cheap cunts.
It's another way of belittling a working class job that had some prestige attached, Is it expected it to be cheap because any monkey can do it?
That's the point of the knowledge where people spend years learning routes and streets without the aid of a sat nav. It makes it a profession.
That's why they have to have background checks, valid insurance, MOT's and drug checks.
That's why there have been 2 incidents of black cabbies committing a sexual assault since I can remember. Perry and Warboys.
Yet last year the were 32 accusations of sexual assaults/rapes by UBER drivers.
Hey, but's it's fucking cheaper.

BTW I Hailo'd a cab for an Italian girl who has been here 5 days. Quicker than UBEr...all the time.
If I would have taken an uber lux from here to Old Montagu st £16-21..thats a Merc (which you can get from my local mini cab office for the price of a normal cab)
The cheapest UBER would be £8. In a Prius. Without a tip..I know most UBER passengers are a bit shy about tipping, don't expect to - like they are with any serviced based industry workers.
The black cab cost me £12 charged to my card, that's with the 25% tip I have included in my profile!
So, that's not that much difference between a black cab, which has better leg room, is far more comfortable, is fully insured, has a vetted legal driver ( who knew where Old Montague Street was without aid of Sat Nav) who was not working for a company who's workforce is subsidised by the UK taxpayer. I also didn't have to worry if she would be the latest statistic in sexual assaults.
I'd say it's worth the extra 75p-£1.

The Knowledge is now an anachronism like horse drawn cabs and children up chimneys. The black cab blokes don't do themselves any favours by banging on about it, but..

my black cab mate Tom isn't remotely bothered about Uber. He knows that a very healthy proportion of his fares don't give a fuck about a couple of quid here or there, and who would never be seen dead in a mini cab. Surely the chav uber people, and the Tarquin richer people can rub along together? After all, they both have a choice - something that a depressingly amount of people want to do away with.

If you like to travel in a bit of style whist in the capital, get a black cab. If you want to save a couple of quid and get a mini cab, get an uber. The chances of being sexually assaulted in either are slim.

Honestly, the idea of four people bickering about a fare discrepancy of a fiver is just daft. People don't behave like that.

The Knowledge is now an anachronism like horse drawn cabs and children up chimneys. The black cab blokes don't do themselves any favours by banging on about it, but..

my black cab mate Tom isn't remotely bothered about Uber. He knows that a very healthy proportion of his fares don't give a fuck about a couple of quid here or there, and who would never be seen dead in a mini cab. Surely the chav uber people, and the Tarquin richer people can rub along together? After all, they both have a choice - something that a depressingly amount of people want to do away with.

If you like to travel in a bit of style whist in the capital, get a black cab. If you want to save a couple of quid and get a mini cab, get an uber. The chances of being sexually assaulted in either are slim.

Honestly, the idea of four people bickering about a fare discrepancy of a fiver is just daft. People don't behave like that.
Neither do the black cab drivers I know. Yet it's the hypocrisy that does them. How UBER have been given licence to do as they want and break all the regulations they have to abide by. It's not just the black cab trade, it's the mini cab trade too.
Anyway, UBER have lost the right to classify their 'employees' as self employed and have to pay them holiday pay, the national living minimum wage and give the worker's rights.
£314m is lost a year apparently in NI and TAX contributions by firms classifying employees falsely as self.
Apparently UBEr say they are not a transport business but a tech firm who's drivers were elf employed contractors who can choose when and where they work.
The ruling judges said:
“The notion that Uber in London is a mosaic of 30,000 small businesses linked by a common ‘platform’ is to our minds faintly ridiculous,” the judges said. “Drivers do not and cannot negotiate with passengers … They are offered and accept trips strictly on Uber’s terms.”

Back
Top Bottom