New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Totally agree. Once the novelty of the new place has worn off, and particularly if we are nowhere near winning a cup & still not got any money to spend on players, I can see the NWHL being Wembley-lite in a few seasons time.

The first time i see some cunt wearing a Spurs-Woolwich or Spurs-Chelsea half & half scarf inside NWHL i'm throwing in the towel.
I know what I'd fucking throw at them.
:tobyarm:

The waiting list is not worthless at all, it goes back now to how it was pre-Wembley.

Pre-Wembley I was on the waiting list for over 10 years, ending around 4,000th. It was worth being on for that long because it gave me first dibs on NWHL seats (out of all those who weren't ST pre-Wembley), allowing me a great spot in the lower South. Those joining more recently would have only been in the last couple of purchase windows and had much fewer seating options.

The waiting list again becomes relevant now for those who didn't take up a Wembley ST, as each season we'll have some of the 40k not renew.

There is no way we have 70k people waiting for an ST.
It is worthwhile if you actually want a season ticket at the new stadium, of course it is.

But the actual figures they talk about mean nothing and are worthless. There are 70k people waiting for a season ticket etc etc. It looks great on paper.

But.

There’s really not that many who actually want a season ticket.

Wow that's just like one of those propaganda filled letters I get from the council every year, telling me how well I'm doing after they've hit me with another inflation busting rise!
I've been going to Spurs for 50 years, I've seen it all in that time. I fear for the atmosphere in the future if we continue to price out our core support.
At the Barcelona match I was surrounded with tourists, as hard as I tried to get the singing going they looked at me like I was from another planet. If they weren't stuck on their phones they were getting up for burgers or popcorn. Popcorn!!!!
When the novelty wears off and it will, I'd hate it to end up like them down the road.

Was it the same at other matches? Personally I found that most "Season Ticket Holders" turned up for that one... it's largely the other games where their non-attendance opened it up to tourists.

It's the batch of our own "Season Ticket Holders" who have purchased in the new stadium as "Investment" opportunities to hate on for me. They will contribute little to atmosphere when they do bother with their cherry picked games, and sell on inflated prices to tourists when they don't.

Getting so excited about the first game (whether I can go or not) that I thought I'd have a look at what Palace fans are saying about the occasion. Stumbled across a bit of chat about the away section having rail seating. I assumed they'd just got the wrong end of the stick, as I've never seen any mention of this and have followed the stadium developments pretty closely, but then one of them shared this image that apparently shows the section in the away end that has the rail seats:

fw6k9k.jpg

I'm assuming others were aware of this, as it can't have completely slipped under our radar. However, it's strange there's been little to no mention of it that I've seen

Last edited:
Getting so excited about the first game (whether I can go or not) that I thought I'd have a look at what Palace fans are saying about the occasion. Stumbled across a bit of chat about the away section having rail seating. I assumed they'd just got the wrong end of the stick, as I've never seen any mention of this and have followed the stadium developments pretty closely, but then one of them shared this image that apparently shows the section in the away end that has the rail seats:

fw6k9k.jpg

I'm assuming others were aware of this, as it can't have completely slipped under our radar. However, it's strange there's been little to no mention of it that I've seen
I thought the away fans were going in the north stand? That looks like the east stand to me? In fact, could even be the west stand looking at it from the south stand. Fuck knows.

Would it be that those you have already purchased a ticket it doesn't show as they cannot purchase another one? I'm flying back from Scotland that day so unfortunately cannot go but when I login it would let me buy a seat no problem.

I thought the away fans were going in the north stand? That looks like the east stand to me? In fact, could even be the west stand looking at it from the south stand. Fuck knows.
Yeah, what davlathom davlathom said.

This shows the away section when we have to give 15% capacity for domestic cup games:

2hzsl5d.jpg

For league games it will just be what's shown on the bottom tier, with everything above being home fans

Was it the same at other matches? Personally I found that most "Season Ticket Holders" turned up for that one... it's largely the other games where their non-attendance opened it up to tourists.

It's the batch of our own "Season Ticket Holders" who have purchased in the new stadium as "Investment" opportunities to hate on for me. They will contribute little to atmosphere when they do bother with their cherry picked games, and sell on inflated prices to tourists when they don't.
There was a lot of tourists at most games, but what got me about the Barca game was how difficult it was to get anything going in my section. You can't get a much bigger game than Barca in the champions league can you.
I've sat all round Wembley these past two seasons, I found the 130,131 sections fantastic and they are sections full of season ticket holders. Standing up singing non stop virtual very good indeed.
While I was in these sections it seemed the atmosphere was great, yet on other games when I had a seat in the top tier you could tell there was singing in the lower sections but could hardly hear it!
Wembley is far to big bowl for club football, but I'm thankful it gave more opportunities for fans to get a ticket!

Strange. I only have the legends game showing.

All those people waiting for a competitive game better get their fingers out or there won't be any.....

If i look in a differrent place i can actually find them. There are plenty available but not what you would call swathes of them. I reckon they must be fairly close to off-loading the desired amount. Reckon they will just give a load to schools & locals if needed to make up the numbers.

Back
Top Bottom