New Kit

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would be a huge mistake to leave Under Armour, a company that's gone from BaseLayers to ready to dominate the market. Plus, they do the best gear regardless of design.

All I know is I run in a lot of UA kit, because it is well made, comfortable, and good at wicking away sweat. Nike, on the other hand seems to me to be lower quality and less comfortable. It depends on whether you want form or function from your sports wear. I want kit that works, in a simple design. But I can understand why others consider the aesthetics more important than performance - to each his own.

All I know is I run in a lot of UA kit, because it is well made, comfortable, and good at wicking away sweat. Nike, on the other hand seems to me to be lower quality and less comfortable. It depends on whether you want form or function from your sports wear. I love want kit that works, in a simple design. But I can understand why others prefer the aesthetics to be right over performance - to each his own.

Truth is the majority of replica kit wearers are not people that require technical sportswear. :goonermong:

That Colonel, is spit-out-tea funny!!

You're so very right too... the main criteria of most Fans' replica kit is; DOES IT GO WITH JEANS?

Who thinks when paying their sixty notes, ohhh I love the venting and form hugging this kit offers as it'll perform really well when sat in the stands, or down the pub, or doing the gardening (scratch that), sat on my sofa eating wotsits and drinking Holsten?

Not really the Under Armour deal was signed whilst we still had a year of Puma left. So talk of the Nike deal is valid. This won't be a last minute we've signed with Nike like QPR agreement that led to generic template rushed kit.
I forgot about the timing of the Under Armour deal, you're not wrong!

Under Armour and Tottenham Hotspur announce Technical Sponsorship and Global Partnership 8 March 2011 - News - tottenhamhotspur.com

Important to bear in mind that we announced that back in March 2011 - a time when our profile was boosted by competing in the Champions League that year, but then dampened by failing to finish in the top 4.

We've kept our enhanced reputation, but of course are in an entirely different situation: challenging for the title and playing damn good football in the process. With the added bonus of having England's two highest profile rising stars in our ranks.

Levy must be pinching himself at being in this position for the new kit deal negotiations. Surely we now have a lot of leverage to get a really good deal from, say, Nike.
That'd do wonders to help us stay competitive against our rivals, as they all get money thrown at them through sponsorships/endorsements.

I forgot about the timing of the Under Armour deal, you're not wrong!

Under Armour and Tottenham Hotspur announce Technical Sponsorship and Global Partnership 8 March 2011 - News - tottenhamhotspur.com

Important to bear in mind that we announced that back in March 2011 - a time when our profile was boosted by competing in the Champions League that year, but then dampened by failing to finish in the top 4.

We've kept our enhanced reputation, but of course are in an entirely different situation: challenging for the title and playing damn good football in the process. With the added bonus of having England's two highest profile rising stars in our ranks.

Levy must be pinching himself at being in this position for the new kit deal negotiations. Surely we now have a lot of leverage to get a really good deal from, say, Nike.
That'd do wonders to help us stay competitive against our rivals, as they all get money thrown at them through sponsorships/endorsements.

Wow announced on my birthday no less! I remember wondering who Under Armour were? Think they had a foothold in rugby union kits at the time?

Still pissed off we let UA put a stripe on our shirt. I welcome Nike as they seem to keep it simple. Although they remind me of Woolwich. Highbury used to have a giant tick on the seats.

Still pissed off we let UA put a stripe on our shirt. I welcome Nike as they seem to keep it simple. Although they remind me of Woolwich. Highbury used to have a giant tick on the seats.

I wasn't a fan of the UA stripes, however I look at it now and don't mind it. As it reminds me of this amazing season we're having. Nike will need to come up with something plain and simple with all that bullshit technical stuff incorporated into the kit. Not bothered by the Woolwich connotations as they now have Puma with who we had 5 memorable seasons with. Must be galling for them if we sign up a deal with Nike for more than what they get!?!

We're going to end up with record breaking deal with Macron, Errea, Admiral or NB aren't we!

Not really the Under Armour deal was signed whilst we still had a year of Puma left. So talk of the Nike deal is valid. This won't be a last minute we've signed with Nike like QPR agreement that led to generic template rushed kit.

What even when they are claiming we'll be wearing it next season?:memelol:

Back
Top Bottom