My Trip to White Hart Lane: A story......with Pictures!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm pretty sure where you were sitting isn't an allocated family bit, only the Paxton is a family stand and it looks like you were in the shelf from your pictures. This still doesn't justify acting like that and I'm not trying to defend him. I'm just saying if you do get to go again, make sure you buy seats in the Paxton :) Although it's not too better there!
He said he was in block 24 mate

When I hear stories about people like that I always like to think I would just turn around and tell him to shut the fuck up, but when it comes to it I just tut Britishly and keep quiet.

See I used to do this but then it all got too much and I just went ape shit crazy at the cunt who sits in front of me; that was fun.

Nice one Big Sky. We are truly a global village. Unfortunately you appear to have been near one of the village idiots. But ever town has one right? even back home I imagine.

Thelonious Thelonious sammyspurs sammyspurs Yep sorry my mistake, I was just going by the pic and didn't see the block 24 bit. I didn't realise the Paxton went that far round.

52_SeatinePlan.jpg

Was not really clear on the laws, but in the States, you can't bring an 11 year old into a bar, technically speaking. Kiddos allowed in pubs over there? My buddy and I went out for beers later though.

Nice one Big Sky. We are truly a global village. Unfortunately you appear to have been near one of the village idiots. But ever town has one right? even back home I imagine.

Back home I would have told that guy to shut it (and yeah we've got some worse than him), but coming over for the game I was a bit sensitive to being the Yank outsider. The guy has probably been coming to WHL for decades. Doesn't excuse the behavior, but the last thing I needed was a shouting match with him. Once my goddaughter said she was ok, I just let it ride.

One huge failure on my part though was not knowing enough songs. I actually knew a grand total of 2 before coming. I had never heard "We are Tottenham, Super Tottenham" and I needed a few listens before joining in.

And, the one after Bale's yellow..."Whose the wanker in red?" I loved that one. Especially since I think about 36,000 people were singing it. When I watched the broadcast when I got home, they turned the crowd volume down, you couldn't hear it, but the commentator was like..."Yes, mmm, the Tottenham fans are fairly displeased with the official it seems." Waha.

Thanks for all the props too folks, glad you liked the effort.

I'm right with you on the Yid in a small town, OP.

I've always operated under the assumption that I was likely the only Spurs supporter in my town.
Not five minutes ago, though, while I was driving home from work, I pulled up behind a crappy little blue lowrider pickup truck, and it hit me like a ton of bricks that, could it really be, is that a Spurs bumper sticker on the back of that car???

I'm buzzing. I started to pull around the car so I could motion for him to roll down his window, but the light turned green and he sped off.

Good night, sweet prince. I hardly knew ye.

I'm buzzing. I started to pull around the car so I could motion for him to roll down his window, but the light turned green and he sped off.

That sounds very rapey :adegrin:

Moving on,
To the OP, you chose a great game. I was there too, in the North Upper right on the back row.
The sun was shining, the beers were flowing (Well, for us...) and you got to see a peach of a goal.
Come back soon.

A couple of seasons back I got to an NLD game (the 3-3) and behind me were a couple who'd come all the way from Germany for their first Spurs game, atmosphere was electric and they really had picked a special one for their first visit to the lane. That was a hell of a game and the atmosphere that night under the floodlights was electric.

I do find it a buzz when you see all the fans in the Bell & Hare who have come from all over Europe & the World to see Spurs. There have been Scandinvians, Dutch & German fans coming down to Tottenham for years and that shows we have great fans who put in a shift & spend some serious money to get to the Lane.

Which is why I find it really annoying when idiots in the ground spoil it, we've all heard it, having a go at our players. Last game I was at was Southampton at home, was in the Park Lane and some guy near me decided to boo everytime the ball went to Adebayor, I'm not the player's biggest fan but that was embarassing.

Don't get me wrong I still love going to the Lane, I just wish some people would know when to keep their mouths shut!! More importantly hope you come back soon Big Sky...

'cos they've probably been going since the '60s or '70s, and feel they've earned the right to fucking moan and bitch at every home game they've been at since!
Shame... 'cos they're ruining it for the rest of us who have 'only' been going since the '80s!
Im fucked then as I've only been going since the '90s. I was born in 91 however.

Great post. I actually sit about ten seats away from where your pal was. I guess I take going to WHL as chore sometimes not living far away - but I love stories like yours, reminds me why I fell in love with Tottenham. Well written, great pictures.
F.O.G.S

Back
Top Bottom