Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If you think the only thing he can't do is shoot, I respectfully disagree.
He doesn't have to be good at everything. If he did have the finishing ability of a Kane or Son or Dele he would be an amazing player. Right now nobody in the team trusts him to finish anything, including himself, and he avoids getting into threatening shooting positions like the plague because of that. He has the power and pace to get in the box regularly but can't get anything out of it at the moment.

Do you think Sissoko will be part of Mourinho's plans?

I thought he would be just the type of hard-working grafter that would go straight into the starting XI and I was surprised when he wasn't selected on Saturday.

Do you think Sissoko will be part of Mourinho's plans?

I thought he would be just the type of hard-working grafter that would go straight into the starting XI and I was surprised when he wasn't selected on Saturday.
I think he lacks the consistent passing quality that Mourinho is looking for in his deep lying midfielders. But he does have the work rate that Mourinho enjoys so I don't think that he will be exiled or anything like that. But his minutes will be cut and he will revert to more of a player used of the bench than a starter I think.

Moussa is a pro so he will deal with it.

In the training videos he has been practicing a lot of crosses so maybe Mou wants to use him more from the flanks again.

I think he lacks the consistent passing quality that Mourinho is looking for in his deep lying midfielders. But he does have the work rate that Mourinho enjoys so I don't think that he will be exiled or anything like that. But his minutes will be cut and he will revert to more of a player used of the bench than a starter I think.

Moussa is a pro so he will deal with it.

In the training videos he has been practicing a lot of crosses so maybe Mou wants to use him more from the flanks again.

I hope he doesn't play him at right-back. Sissoko's wasted there.

I hope he doesn't play him at right-back. Sissoko's wasted there.
Agreed. He'll probably be rotated between the CM spot he's had under Poch lately or as we saw on Saturday with Moura as a close down shop option to see out games and close down the right flank.

Mourinho prefers using out and out wingers more than Poch and we don't really have an option behind Moura on the right side (especially with Lamela injured) so it makes sense to have Sissoko ready to fill that spot since he has experience there previously.

Mourinho has said Sissoko is different than his needs.

Which is fair. Good squad player but not good enough to start for a top club who WANTS to compete.

He'll still be useful this season.

I like the idea of him being brought out on to help close out games so in theory the way he was used vs West Ham was perfect.

The issue is he fucked it up trying to be too fancy and dribble through multiple guys in his own half.

Bad Moussa!!!

Need to see more of the Moussa who can run into the opposition's half and keep the ball in their corner.

Like Rose, it was only a matter of time before a new manager noticed how badly his limitations affect us.

Sissoko can still have a role in the squad coming on for 20 minutes against tired legs and running with the ball, but as a starting central midfielder his time’s up. We never played proper football with him in there.

If Mourinho has been studying us for the past 10 months he'll have realised that Sissoko is a clogger and absolutely useless at passing, shooting and football.
Yet still carried the midfield on his back for a year when Dele, Eriksen, Dier and Wanyama went missing and Dembele was injured and sold.

Think people need to accept that he did a fine job in a dog shit tactical system, and now under Jose, he will become a god send off the bench.

Show the man some respect ffs

Will be PL top scorer next season...

ActualGranularHerculesbeetle-size_restricted.gif

Back
Top Bottom