Mousa Dembélé

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oh Mousa...

Please don’t go as well :dembelewtf:

FairPlay he wants to go to China where it’s less physically demanding and pay is good. Didn’t he comment against a Far East move a few years ago?

Whilst it wouldn't surprise me if he does leave in the summer, I'm sure an article came out a few months ago where Dembele said he didn't care about the money, hasn't he got his own hotel?

I could see him having a great post-football career as a competitive ballroom dancer.

But seriously, I don't begrudge him getting a big final payday, but I will miss seeing him glide through other teams. It's just such a brilliant bit of footballing skill.

Love watching him and hope he dances through ManUre’s defence tomorrow

Just wish he’d shoot more

Gone off the boil since Pochettino put him in the Maradona bracket.
I just think he saved up all of his energy for our key run of games, he was utterly sublime, Jan thru to Chelsea at the beginning of April, there were massive games during that time the likes of Juve, Liverpool, Woolwich, Chelsea, Utd where his was probably the best player on the park in all these games. He was one of the reasons why we were so good in that opening 20mins against Utd. in the semi-final, then he went in for a big challenge won the ball but clearly injured himself, he wasn't the same the second after that challenge and nor were we as a team.

It's why I'd hate to see him leave more than any player, we should build him his own chamber in the new player player lodge, feed him grapes by hand and pamper to his every whim. Roll him out for these big games and just ask him to look after the ball.

I just think he saved up all of his energy for our key run of games, he was utterly sublime, Jan thru to Chelsea at the beginning of April, there were massive games during that time the likes of Juve, Liverpool, Woolwich, Chelsea, Utd where his was probably the best player on the park in all these games. He was one of the reasons why we were so good in that opening 20mins against Utd. in the semi-final, then he went in for a big challenge won the ball but clearly injured himself, he wasn't the same the second after that challenge and nor were we as a team.

It's why I'd hate to see him leave more than any player, we should build him his own chamber in the new player player lodge, feed him grapes by hand and pamper to his every whim. Roll him out for these big games and just ask him to look after the ball.
I have not seen a player who does what he does so well. He protects the ball like it’s super glued to his feet. Players know what he’s going to do and still can’t stop it happening. He is that good, & that powerful. An absolute Rolls Royce of a footballer. He needs to be wrapped in cotton wool because of all the possible replacements, none of them can do what he does so well.
I just hope that he stays for another couple of years so that others can continue to try and learn from his unique talents.

Gone off the boil since Pochettino put him in the Maradona bracket.
As did Marcus Edwards when Poch compared him to Messi...

Can't he just leave well alone...?
or at least just compare Kane with Gary Doherty... and Lloris to Bobby Mimms??
:kanehand::llorishuh:
FAR less pressure imho!

As did Marcus Edwards when Poch compared him to Messi...

Can't he just leave well alone...?
or at least just compare Kane with Gary Doherty... and Lloris to Bobby Mimms??
:kanehand::llorishuh:
FAR less pressure imho!
Gary Doherty & Bobby Mimms...& folk have the brass bollocks to complain about what we have now...

:pochfacepalm:

I have not seen a player who does what he does so well. He protects the ball like it’s super glued to his feet. Players know what he’s going to do and still can’t stop it happening. He is that good, & that powerful. An absolute Rolls Royce of a footballer. He needs to be wrapped in cotton wool because of all the possible replacements, none of them can do what he does so well.
I just hope that he stays for another couple of years so that others can continue to try and learn from his unique talents.
I completely understand if he does go, it is full on with us, full on high tempo games (when we are clicking) but full on full tempo training in order to get selected. If he's carrying a number of issues with his hips and feet then maybe he's done, maybe he can get a massive fuck off pay check in China and play against dross week in, week out. All played at a pace thats; easy and he can boss the entire league. Must be appealing.

But if we could just unleash him for 10 massive games in the season? Please Mousa, just 10 games a year, lol.

I completely understand if he does go, it is full on with us, full on high tempo games (when we are clicking) but full on full tempo training in order to get selected. If he's carrying a number of issues with his hips and feet then maybe he's done, maybe he can get a massive fuck off pay check in China and play against dross week in, week out. All played at a pace thats; easy and he can boss the entire league. Must be appealing.

But if we could just unleash him for 10 massive games in the season? Please Mousa, just 10 games a year, lol.
I’d keep him just for CL (assuming we get there) & the cups. Assuming he could retain his match fitness, he is the sort of player that you just have confidence in not to lose the ball. That’s why getting his pocket picked by Pogba was such a shock and leads me to conclude he twisted or strained something.

If he does go to China, he will spend the whole season in possession of the ball!! I would wish him the best if he did go as he has been a fantastic servant to the club, but I think we can still get a regular tune out of him if his body is managed carefully by our physios.

Dembele has never been consistent. Was always going to happen after that ridiculous period against the elite. We need to treat him a bit like Scholes towards the end and start eyeing up particular games and wrap him in cotton wool.

It's why a CM is priority number one this summer.

Reading today he's off to either Milan or... ('Takes a very deep breath; pours an outrageously large Brandy; drinks that and then lays out the tranquillisers and straight-jacket to prevent any self-harm') Man City as Yaya T.'s replacement.

No... just no, Mousa... Nooooooo!...:wall:

It wouldn't surprise me if some of the 'big' boys of Italy were looking at him. The likes of Inter and AC Milan who are looking to rekindle their dominance with all their money.

After seeing how easy Dembele dominated Juve's midfield, they'll keep that in mind.

Hope he plays for us again but I doubt it, Bossed games for us in the CL.

What a phenom he has become over the last few years, now Walker, Rose and Toby going I cannot excuse, but if he feels his body isn't upto it then I can't hold that against him.

I will be telling my grandkids about him one day.

What a player.

Ohhhhh MOUSSSSAAAAA DEMBEEEEEELEEEEE

Back
Top Bottom