Mousa Dembélé

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know we love the Moose but 6 is fair.

It's Costa, I know. But, it was an attempted eye gouge. We should be able to cope for 4 games without him.

*4 games next season

I'm sorry mate but I'm not having that. Fucking ridiculous decision considering how often these types of things go unpunished. There are so many examples of previous offenses on par or far worse than Mousa's that have gone without any violent conduct bans that it is absurd to make an example out of Dembele who is a first time offender.

This is the most serious case of wrong place wrong time I have ever seen. FA just making a statement on the game as a whole rather than the incident by singling out Dembele. Fucking dreadful decision and I hope Spurs protest.

OK. .. so Moose got six. .. but what - out of interest - does Costa get for being a total snidey little butch cunt who grabs another human beings SKIN and drags it down his back?

The cunt has been a fucking cancer on the game since he set his shitty little snidey cunt feet in the country... he's been doing it for years now...
Just 'cos he scored a few goals doesn't disguise the fact he's a cunt... and a shitty example to any youngsters watching.
The fact he's got someone ELSE into trouble for his snipey little ways will merely encourage him to continue it again next season.
To be honest... I think if a couple of tasty midfielders got their heads together next year, they could clean the cunt out week after week... take their punishment on the chin... and hopefully, he'll get the message eventually.
Either that or the cunt won't be able to eat solids for a few months... in which case, fuck him... hope he chokes on his fucking milkshake. Cunt!

Guys, there is never going to be perfect consistency in all rulings. It's not a conspiracy.

Moose stepped out of line, and the punishment reflects that.

Ousmane-dabo-300x289.jpg

Joey Barton got a 6 match ban when he did this to Ousmane, who suffered a detached retina and multiple bruises. Yep I think the two are on par with each other.

This is why any deliberate contact made against another players eyes is going to get a significant ban. You just can't go after someone's eyes cause you can seriously damage their eyesight which can affect their career and their personal life forever potentially. Costa is a cunt. But you just cant do what Dembele did and get away with it and we can't really complain. Call him a cunt. Laugh at him. Punch him in the face even. But you can't deliberately make contact with his eyes. This outcome was pretty inevitable.

Other cases, where players have done other crimes and escaped punishment is a different matter. It isn't that Dembele's punishment is too harsh it is that other punishments have been too lenient. There is a problem with consistency, no doubt. Both in terms of the retrospective bans and in terms of referee performances. Clattenburg just didn't want to send anyone off and get abuse like Moss got. He was determined not to send anyone off. That inconsistency from one game to another is a big problem with the game and it needs resolving.

Thankyou SKY you brought the petrol you lit the blue touch paper you introduced cunts to stoke the flames and you were judge and ill informed jury ..........you are a fucking disgrace to football and i fucking hope Murdoch you catch a dose from that long haired tranny you married who has done more rounds than TYSON .Hope a funnel web ends your life you kangaroo shagging cunt .

Love moussa but 6 is about right if Costa had done it to one of players we would of wanted 10
...and quite right too... cos Costa has previous for being a little butch cunt. It's about time the authorities caught up with him...
Dembele is a first time 'offender'

...and I still wanna know what riled Vorm so much as to appear on the edge of insanity!
The guy just isn't like that. .. neither is Dembele... SOMETHING must've happened.
But I guess that's not SKY'S priority to find out... 'COS WE were the villains this season.

Obviously disappointed with the outcome but I hope in future it's alot more consistent.

I've seen a lot worse than what Dembele has done and the ban being half of that.

I know we love the Moose but 6 is fair.

It's Costa, I know. But, it was an attempted eye gouge. We should be able to cope for 4 games without him.

*4 games next season

How is this fair. He did not scratch or hurt costa at all. His offence is not the same or worse than elbow or hair pull of punch, all of which all got 3 games. That decision is a fucking disgrace

As much as I think it might be excessive, I can't get too worked up about the six game ban because the simple solution is to not poke any opposition players in the eye.

Unfortunately, the punishment by the FA is in accordance with any eye poke regardless of whether Dembele successfully executed it or not. With no nuance for the grey area inbetween.

Was a bit of a girly thing to do and the uproar around it meant that he couldn't get less than six games. A shite state of affairs, but out of our control as it went so high profile.

I don't think they care about the offence that much, they just try to work out what the media reaction will be. They decided that a 3 match ban would leave them open to too much criticism, so they doubled it.

As much as I think it might be excessive, I can't get too worked up about the six game ban because the simple solution is to not poke any opposition players in the eye.

Unfortunately, the punishment by the FA is in accordance with any eye poke regardless of whether Dembele successfully executed it or not. With no nuance for the grey area inbetween.

Lol. So if he executed a closed fist punch or an elbow to the face, that would be less violent for a 3 game ban? Not condoning what he did but the punishment is over the top.

Was a bit of a girly thing to do and the uproar around it meant that he couldn't get less than six games. A shite state of affairs, but out of our control as it went so high profile.

I don't think it was girly. He went at one of the so called hard-men who just isn't hard. Costa shat himself.

This was a hard man (a total fucking headbanger).

The Harder They Come: Big Billy Whitehurst | The Daisy Cutter

Seven deadly sins of football: Being the Hardest Man in Football

Billy's Boots was one of the most evocative examples of football's capacity for romance and fairytale. Billy's boot, which went in many a time on helpless defenders, was one of the most provocative examples of football's mundane, crippling reality. And his elbows weren't especially congenial either.

Mick Harford, all dead eyes and slumbering menace, was the anti-poster boy for a generation of nails-hard centre-forwards to be forever viewed through claret-tinted spectacles, but Whitehurst, a journeyman striker described by Alan Hansen as the hardest man he played against, would give him a serious run for his money. Some might surmise that Whitehurst was the unprepossessing evocation of a mercifully bygone age of wanton thuggery. Others would simply say that he was an utter bastard.

Nobody would deny that he was seriously hard. He once apparently offered out the entire Crystal Palace side in the players' lounge at Hull. When he was at Oxford, he was rumoured to be supplementing his weekly pay, and winding down, with some bare-knuckle tomfoolery with local gypsies. Neil Ruddock said that, when Billy whispered sweet promises in his ear mid-match, "I used to start shaking".

Vinnie Jones, a colleague at Sheffield United, recalls in his autobiography how Billy nipped a burgeoning rumble with a phalanx of Sheffield Wednesday fans in the bud by sparking out the opposition ringleader with "one of the best right-handers I have ever seen - inside or outside a ring". During that spell at Sheffield United, he was sent out to roam the green with the explicit instructions from his manager, Dave Bassett: "Go and cause some bollocks, Billy." He so rarely disappointed.

When Whitehurst was skint he would go down to the local gypsy site, on his own, and fight them for money.

:dembele:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom