Most Overrated Players in your lifetime

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

in the 1950's un-televised where an amateur Sweden reached the final
The Wales team that got to the semi final and lost to Brazil had Cliff Jones, Terry Medwin and Mel Hopkins from Spurs as well as John Charles and Ivor Allchurch.
The Swedish team that got to the final had guys who were legends in Italian football ... Liedholm, Gren, Hamrin, Skoglund.

England were there with Tom Finney, Billy Wright, Johnny Haynes but couldn't get out of the group stage.

Also the fact that he also counted goals he scored in kickabouts with his friends
its not the kickabouts its the fact Brazil have a state championship as well as the national, this is like PL teams playing against the conference - its a league game but means shit really.

Vega? Tarmezzani?

but Jamie was also an insufferable cunt that thought he was the top drawer. fucking hell Sean Davies was better

I saw Sean Davies at Leeds a while back where he totally owned their FB who was an England regular (forget his name)
Harry Kewell annoyed me that day for some reason

I saw Sean Davies at Leeds a while back where he totally owned their FB who was an England regular (forget his name)
Harry Kewell annoyed me that day for some reason
I actually thought that he and Simon were always more decent than we gave them credit at the time.
definitely better the Jackson that gooner or Brown

The Brazilian Ronaldo.
Get the fuck out of here

The Brazilian Ronaldo is one of the very best strikers to have ever walked on this planet. Fast, lethal, lots of trickery and could lead the line all on his own.

If that is the standard you set for overrated then the list of under or properly rated players must be very short

He’s genuinely funny though. He does seem to have a sense of humour, but is also clearly being serious a lot of the time.

He’s not really up there in the ‘greatest of all time’ category (I’m talking Maradona, Pele, Messi, the two Ronnies, Zidane, Cruyf), but I’d rank him up there with Van Basten, Eto’o, Kaka, Ronaldinho, and a few others that were clearly special talents in their own ways.
Oh yeah, he is definitely a A class talent in football. But he so desperately wants to be A+ and he is trying his darndest to put himself there through marketing and hype. Which is most likely going to create some backlash.

Still the greatest player Sweden has produced for the forseeable future obviously

Oh yeah, he is definitely a A class talent in football. But he so desperately wants to be A+ and he is trying his darndest to put himself there through marketing and hype. Which is most likely going to create some backlash.

Still the greatest player Sweden has produced for the forseeable future obviously
Sweden-Footballer-Mikael-Lustig-HD-Wallpaper-8-1100x500.jpg

He’s genuinely funny though. He does seem to have a sense of humour, but is also clearly being serious a lot of the time.

He’s not really up there in the ‘greatest of all time’ category (I’m talking Maradona, Pele, Messi, the two Ronnies, Zidane, Cruyf), but I’d rank him up there with Van Basten, Eto’o, Kaka, Ronaldinho, and a few others that were clearly special talents in their own ways.
For me Van Basten is in the first category and Eto'o doesnt deserve to be in the second.

But Van Basten was so incredibly gifted that he deserves to be up there with the greats, he's the reason i fell in love with football.

Back
Top Bottom