Modern Football is Broken - Picture Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

son.jpg
They should ban mobys. That is disgusting.

Like it or loathe it, it seems this is the direction of football at the top level now.

A guy like Mourinho, who had so much success only a few years ago, had strong defensive organisation, but didn't try to micro manage the attacking phase the way guys like pep, conte and klopp seem to now. And he's been left behind as a result.

Coaching automations may work, but it doesn't really encourage creativity or spontaneity, which is Fabregas' point I guess.

Like it or loathe it, it seems this is the direction of football at the top level now.

A guy like Mourinho, who had so much success only a few years ago, had strong defensive organisation, but didn't try to micro manage the attacking phase the way guys like pep, conte and klopp seem to now. And he's been left behind as a result.

Coaching automations may work, but it doesn't really encourage creativity or spontaneity, which is Fabregas' point I guess.

Interesting read. Sounds a bit like someone having a bit of a whinge though. The quality of football at a top level is just very, very good for me.

I obviously despised Fabregas at Arsen@l and Chelsea - grudgingly less so when he played for Spain although he was never a stand-out player curiously - but I've read a couple of interviews with him in Spanish and he comes across really well - eloquent and with interesting, original opinions.

It's funny, now he's been and gone I can't hate so much him any more.

Football without rivalries is nothing. I’m not saying they can’t be friends, a lot of them have international bond, but the ones who don’t - it’s just weird.
Why is NLD the best in the country? Because there is so much rivarly and hatred. Why we enjoyed when Lamela and Dembele went crazy against Chelsea in 2016? Because that’s how it supposed to be. I’m not old, but rivarly between City and Liverpool is cringe because of Guardiola and Klopp. Just an example.

Again, footballers can do whatever they want, it’s their life. But as a fan I can like it or not. Most of fans don’t like this type of behaviour.

It's not. It's no different to them than people from rival companies being mates. They are professionals, they don't give a fuck.

Meh, boring tribalism. I love Liverpool vs City as its quality football. The beautiful game. Top players vs top players. NLD is great and there's room for a bit of rivalry/needling in these sort of scenarios but not on fucking football forums or expecting players from rival teams to hate each other off the pitch. That's just childish & dumb.

I think you're wrong, I honestly think most fans don't care. Just a vocal minority who take the sport too seriously. I don't 'hate' anyone because of what football team they support. I see enough hate/actually dark and horrible shit in my job, as if I have time to do anything but roll my eyes when people talk about hating other fans because they chose a different football team.

Blokes a wrong'n.

(Ironically, PSG have played a massive part in creating this beast tho'.)

....And simply not as good as he's been hyped to be.
He's brilliant, but certainly not best in the world brilliant.

I think he'll end up at roughly the same level as Kaka, or at a push Ronaldinho. Obvious talent but ultimately a flash in the pan. His pace will drop off and he relys on that more than most top attackers.

🎙️ Miroslav Klose: “I stopped playing football because I no longer recognised it. Today, young players think about other things. As a child, I only thought about training and becoming someone in this sport that I always loved. At Lazio and in the national team, after each training session, I put myself in a bathtub full of ice to avoid injuries. But the young players on the team systematically refused.

When they saw me picking up the bags of balls to put them away at the end of training, they said to me 'But who tells you to do that?'.

At that moment, I said to myself: 'You're 20 years old and you can't help a 60-year-old worker?'

They care more about whether their boots go with their socks. That's why I said stop. The football I knew no longer exists.

Today's young players think first of cars, contracts with their sponsors, and their new boots. It is only after all these things that football comes. For them, their image is the most important thing. Whereas for me, all that mattered was football in its purest form.”

He’s spot on.

Sounds good to me mate - just don’t forget the gourmet burgers too!

:tanguythumb:

Back
Top Bottom