Micky van de Ven

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m now feeling this sense of reassurance when VDV is within the vicinity of the ball. That’s a big change from last year.

He’s not as combative as Romero, but his size and his speed give him this real presence, despite his tender years and inexperience. I think opposition forwards aren’t going to fancy meeting either of them. Some sweet forward passing too today.

He is one class act this kid. Can't believe how composed and assured he looks for a youngster new to the league. Superb display again.

Think we've picked up a real gem.

Indeed hard to believe. I find myself watching him and forgetting his age, thinking he's in his absolute prime age-wise. Sky's the limit with him.

Right so most experts in Germany said Tapsoba was better at this point with admittedly the caveat that Mickey had more potential....Err well then Tapsoba must be hitting like some godhead level shit? Should we go back in Jan and future proof the defence for the next decade? Because if there's currently better than this kid it must be unreal.

He is immense. Playing like this at 22 thrown straight into the first team in a new country. Wow.

It seems like in most games there's a moment where players try to run past him but they quickly learn he is rapid and like a terminator.

He might be the most athletic defender we've had for a while. His positioning and tactical awareness is already good so his ceiling is scary.

like that he held his hands up for his slice, did dier do that for the one he shanked out for a corner 25 yards out? doubt it, would of been desperate to pass the blame onto someone else.

maybe a lack of communication from spurs, the VDV slice out and the maddison getting caught on edge of box are easily preventable with communication.

It's like someone taugh Sancez how to play football.

Back
Top Bottom