Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I mean what the fuck!

FvtiiD7WwAM2TG-

Watched ESPN Soccernet today and all they spoke about was how Chelsea are on a downer and pretty much nothing about Spurs.. Pissed me off so much. Barely mentioned Kane's brace and on top of that one of the guys on the panel hates us with a passion and won't admit that we're a half decent side. Annoys me so much, I don't mind us not getting crazy media attention. But I want something more than just a mention.

The best was Bradley Allen on BBC after the game saying it was "a free hit" for us playing against Chelsea because they've played so many games recently!

So bt sport score panel sum up the table the anchor turns round to the panel

"whose going to be closer to man city next year. Liverpool or man u united"

What the actual fuck we finnished closer to man city did than Liverpool this fucking season.

Barcelona offer ยฃ85m plus Messi for Sissoko

Spurs performance has confirmed that Kane, Dele, Eriksen, Lamela, Rose, Moura, Vertonghen & Alderweireld will also all be leaving for bigger clubs while Pochettino has already signed a precontract with Manchester United

www.bbcsport/probablygoingtohsppen.co.uk

Pochettino is messing with these journalists fucking heads, they contradict themselves almost on a daily basis now, whilst Pochettino carryโ€™s off his usual coolness. They finally broke Mourinho, they broke Wenger in the end too, hell they even convinced Harry he was England manager at one point.
The media are like Jedis, they can manipulate the weak minded, they can alter the weak minded in society into believing their bullshit and altering an individuals course of action, and I actually think they get off on it, fucking sadist perverts....
But that little farm boy from Argentina ainโ€™t weak minded, and he, and only he, will control his own destiny.....#COYS

I can't watch pundits any more.

I turn games on 1 min before kick off. Change channels at half time. Turn the game back on just before the second half and straight off on the final whistle. And NEVER watch MOTD.

I am embarrassed that cunt Lineker ever played for us.

Detestable individual.

There was a period in the second half against Woolwich one of the commentators was saying something like "Spurs' style is suited to playing against teams that like to attack but they might struggle against bottom half teams that won't come out and attack."

Now I'm not saying what he said was wrong but I did find it funny that everyone (rival fans and pundits) was going on about how our fixtures were so easy after 8 games and how once we had played the hard games, we'll drop down in the table but the moment we do well in those hard matches, the goalposts are changed yet again!

We always seem to get stuck with Jim Beglin on the international feed, who really does seem to have an irrational hatred against us. Itโ€™s blinding obvious when we play Liverpool if course, but itโ€™s there every single game he commentates on usโ€ฆ
:ange-confused:
Meanwhile on Sky we get Gary Neville every time we play United
Jamie Carragher every time we play Liverpool
Alan Smith every time we play Woolwich

We've got City next, I reckon they'll raise the ghost of Colin Bell to commentate on that one

Why isnt Klopp being linked with a better club if he's so good? Laughed the other day when they were all sympathising with the little children on his bench that couldnt be trusted to change a game. No talk of a weak Liverpool squad though.

Why isnt Rashford being pushed towards Spurs in the press? Far more likely and beneficial to the player than Kane going to Utd.

Why isnt Pogba being labelled as a flop, like Sissoko and Lamela was? 90M.

Why doesnt Sane deserve to be at a club thats challenging for silverwear. He could play at Real Madrid, where are all the pundits championing that he should leave to progress?

Why is it never mentioned in the goal scorers table that Kane has missed 11 weeks and is still second?
And to be fair to Everton, why is every story about Lukaku leaving, yet none mugging off Chelsea for writing him off after giving him 10 games in three years?

Why are Woolwich, sitting in 7th, yet considered favorites in September being given a wide berth when the word "bottlers" is being thrown about?
All the above drives me fucking insane.

We should be put on a pedestal as a shining example of how things should be done.

* We are promoting and developing young English talent.
* We have a mature, respectful manager instead of the petulant stroppy cunts at MCFC MUFC LFC and AFC
* We are playing exciting entertaining football
* We top the league on every stat this season with the exception of a few too many draws
* We have been consistently the best team in the league for the last 2 season

There should be nothing but positivity surrounding us yet somehow there is always a nasty undercurrent of negativity lurking around.

I've always felt we get a raw deal in the media but the last 2 years have confirmed it beyond doubt for me.

WARNING FOR THOSE PLANNING ON WATCHING THE MATCH ON SKY AT HOME SUNDAY.
There will be biased panels. To balance Jamie Carragher a lifelong Liverpool player there will be Graham Souness who was at Tottenham as a kid ( He may have some allegiance to another team)
They will start by showing unrestrained glee at the action from liverpool's 7-0 thrashing of some unknown team the other night. Eventually they will get onto Tottenham and how some rich club are looking at buying 1 or more players.
Then during the match Alan Smith will give his biased opinions on the major decisions.
You maybe affected by same panels if watching on streams.
Do not come on here moaning about it. Take evasive action
1 Turn on TV at 3.59.
2 At half time go and take a long piss, make a cup of tea or coffee, anything but watch the TV and return for second half
3 At full time, if Tottenham have lost or drawn, turn TV off. If they have won carry on watching as you will be happy and not care what is said.
Remember you have been warned. Do not expect sympathy on this forum if you watch the panel.

Back
Top Bottom