Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So of ALL the dodgy, shit, dubious or downright wrong decisions given to certain other clubs on ANY given matchday, this is the one that gets highlighted, and look, a mere 24Hours before we play...

I'm not saying it wasn't the wrong decision, it totally was, but we got away with it...
Same as PLENTY of other clubs get away with similarly dubious decisions...
Except theirs don't get highlighted the day before a match!

Expect nothing less than the sternest scrutiny on us tomorrow!

Meanwhile, I imagine everyone else will get away with murder!

It's subtle, but it's there!

whats more alarming and has been given a " BYE " by the controlled media, that was blatant admission of CHEATING, deliberate flouting of the rules, its FRAUD!! We saw it against chavs recently the handball by jackson blatant PEN, Manure GK deliberately taking out the Wolves player blatant PEN.

Its a criminal offensive, Top VAR guy admitted it and we know VAR is RIFE with this from the start and will always favour whoever pays up... but the cartel (including sponsors, media, people of power) dont care and will always protect their own bunging em with bitcoin, brown paper bags, whatever the new currency takes it fancy .

This is a example of pure shitty speculation coming form the English press. Why on earth did the jorno need to bring in Spurs into this when every EPL would like to sign Ferguson?
And how does he know that Spurs pulled out of a deal? Did they ever make a bid? Were Brighton even entertaining any bid?
So on top of Rashford and Højlund the jornou is convinced Man Utd will buy Mbappe, Osimhen and Ferguson :rolleyes:
And the "owners" who are supposed to want all these players are not yet even the owners and may not become the owners.

Tottenham could be stung by Sheikh Jassim after pulling out of deal

COMMENT: Tottenham risk losing out on their Harry Kane replacement if Sheikh Jassim takes the reins at Manchester United.​

By GEORGE GLINSKI
06:00, Mon, Aug 28, 2023

Tottenham's decision to pull out of a deal for Brighton hotshot Evan Ferguson may come back to bite them if Sheikh Jassim takes over Manchester United in the coming months. The Reds Devils are said to be keen on bringing in the 18-year-old to add depth to their front line but don't have the money to spend this summer.

However, this won't be a problem if the Glazers hand over the keys to the club to big spender Sheikh Jassim. The Qatar Islamic Bank chairman has ambitions of bringing Kylian Mbappe, Victor Osimhen and Frenkie De Jong into the fold and so wouldn't flinch at Brighton's £115m plus asking price for Ferguson.

This is a example of pure shitty speculation coming form the English press. Why on earth did the jorno need to bring in Spurs into this when every EPL would like to sign Ferguson?
And how does he know that Spurs pulled out of a deal? Did they ever make a bid? Were Brighton even entertaining any bid?
So on top of Rashford and Højlund the jornou is convinced Man Utd will buy Mbappe, Osimhen and Ferguson :rolleyes:
And the "owners" who are supposed to want all these players are not yet even the owners and may not become the owners.

Tottenham could be stung by Sheikh Jassim after pulling out of deal

COMMENT: Tottenham risk losing out on their Harry Kane replacement if Sheikh Jassim takes the reins at Manchester United.​

By GEORGE GLINSKI
06:00, Mon, Aug 28, 2023

Tottenham's decision to pull out of a deal for Brighton hotshot Evan Ferguson may come back to bite them if Sheikh Jassim takes over Manchester United in the coming months. The Reds Devils are said to be keen on bringing in the 18-year-old to add depth to their front line but don't have the money to spend this summer.

However, this won't be a problem if the Glazers hand over the keys to the club to big spender Sheikh Jassim. The Qatar Islamic Bank chairman has ambitions of bringing Kylian Mbappe, Victor Osimhen and Frenkie De Jong into the fold and so wouldn't flinch at Brighton's £115m plus asking price for Ferguson.

It’s the Express. Nobody reads it but I agree it’s a weird angle.

so no mention whatsoever of Spurs...?

..they fucking would've mentioned it if Ghana had failed to qualify!!

"Former Spurs player/coach Chris Hughton FAILS to qualify for ACN!"
Hughton was only ever an assistant coach at Spurs, probably why they worded it that way. Listing his actual coaching jobs.

I'm struggling to see exactly what part of Newcastle's Champions League effort 20 years ago was 'historic', considering they barely scraped through the first group stage and came 3rd in the 2nd group stage, so never even made the knockouts. If they'd scraped through the group stage and then dragged themselves against all odds to the final then maybe you could refer to it as historic (but I can't envisage any team ever doing that ;) )

Ok, so it's this kinda stuff... you know the drill:
Headline:

Tottenham: Levy "ready to battle" for "cut-price" Spurs signing...​

...and it goes on to say;

...so hang on, Spurs are going for a "cut price" player, and yet we'll face stiff competition from Liverpool... who therefore - presumably - must ALSO be going for a "cut price" player...

So riddle me this: how come Liverpool aren't tagged with the same 'cheapskate' headline for ALSO going for "cut price" players?

Hmmmm.... Maybe it's 'cos they need to keep the tight fisted Spurs narrative going, without daring to accuse anyone else of exactly the same thing?

It's subtle, granted... but it's there!

and we know why dont we? If we werent a club with Jewish links then it wouldnt be so constantly mentioned. It is pretty transparent racism.

On a completely unrelated point, I wonder what they were playing before our games against Marseille, Frankfurt, Sporting, and Milan last season.

It was a bit difficult to recognise.

I think it was some form of reggaeton remix of Napalm Death.... I heard it in da cluurb once, but never get a full I.D.

Someone should remind him that the club he started his career at and who I assume he supports have never even QUALIFIED for the tournament, either as the Champions League or European Cup.
Whisper it, but I always thought he was a Chelsea fan...

Despite his footballing academy 'roots'...

That Sir.... is VERY WELL SAID!!

now where's that Leonardo di Caprio applause gif when you need it...?

Oh, here it is;
leonardo-dicaprio-clapping.gif

...and here's The Rock for good measure as well!
0c05214815aca08208caa749c00bce02.gif

Cheers squire.

Di Caprio one of the finest of actors in my opinion.

...and only one is top!
...and yet they STILL put the 2nd placed managers' face on there!

Right, it WON'T happen, but imagine that THIS is the final position/equal points/GD at the END of the season... We'd win on goals scored... I GUARANTEE the Gooners would start an online poll to abolish Goals scored, and demand a Play-off to decide the title! (As I say, it won't happen...)

'cos THAT'S not how you spell CUNT!
They’d do it, even though season 1988-9.

Bastards to a man.

X had to add community note to correct all the incccuracies of the Premier League twitter account talking about the Premier League 🤣

Readers added context they thought people might want to know

There are a number of inaccuracies in this tweet. Newcastle have scored 14 goals, Liverpool & Brighton have scored 12, Woolwich have scored 11 in their last 5 matches.The list is titled "most goals scored" so Tottenham (12) and Man City (11) should also be included.

Back
Top Bottom