Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Its all very rawk in here

At the end of the day whether its right or wrong ,sky and all the others will not really acknowledge or hype us up until we actually deliver on something instead of threatening to and just having it blow up in our faces when it really matters

Its all very rawk in here

At the end of the day whether its right or wrong ,sky and all the others will not really acknowledge or hype us up until we actually deliver on something instead of threatening to and just having it blow up in our faces when it really matters

Except that Liverpool are even more tragic than us yet continue to get the hype. :pochsmirk:

Stopped watching Sky news(and never listen to talktalk) but just watch the matches we are involved in. Yes it annoys me when they concentrate on one of they favourite teams when they should be concentrating on our match build up. However I still prefer to go under the radar and not be over-hyped and pressure piled on as title challengers when in reality we are still a long way behind.

Stopped watching Sky news(and never listen to talktalk) but just watch the matches we are involved in. Yes it annoys me when they concentrate on one of they favourite teams when they should be concentrating on our match build up. However I still prefer to go under the radar and not be over-hyped and pressure piled on as title challengers when in reality we are still a long way behind.
I never listen to TalkTalk either, I just use them for broadband :allitongue:

On the Sky Sports front page it's got a picture of Sanchez, Coutinho, and Hazard as today's premier league games. Apparently 2nd place Spurs aren't playing today.
That's correct... and the late late late 3-1 defeat Swansea suffered tonight apparently didn't happen!

Oh COME ON.

8ZsmDCb.jpg

At least we're (deservedly!) on second.

To be fair to the BBC this morning on Breakfast tv it was Chelsea ,then us and no mention of the team in 6 th place winning against a local rival now in 15th

I dont understand this thread, why do we need to feel loved and appreciated by Sky etc ? Fuck em, the less attention they give us, the easier it gets for the team and players. No ridiculous rumors, no constant feeding players egos etc.

We are a true force, a true team with respect for the core values of the game (as much as that is possible in the modern game) and create superstars in stead of buying them for 60 million. We are a nuisance to all these yankee team owners and the traditional teams so they try to ignore our existence but in the end we will force ourselves down their throats. We are a growing and evolving team, the sleeping Giant that has woken up and so on. Loving every bit of it.

Poll on Talk Sport -Who is the most exciting team to watch in the PL?

Jim White "Chelsea lead the way with 29%, Liverpool with 23%, Tottenham with 37% and Man City with 11%"

Hmm, Chelsea lead the way while being 8% behind us in the poll...

I dont understand this thread, why do we need to feel loved and appreciated by Sky etc ? Fuck em, the less attention they give us, the easier it gets for the team and players. No ridiculous rumors, no constant feeding players egos etc.

We are a true force, a true team with respect for the core values of the game (as much as that is possible in the modern game) and create superstars in stead of buying them for 60 million. We are a nuisance to all these yankee team owners and the traditional teams so they try to ignore our existence but in the end we will force ourselves down their throats. We are a growing and evolving team, the sleeping Giant that has woken up and so on. Loving every bit of it.
To be fair it's not the validation that I require it's the lack of respect for spurs that gets on my goat. Top 4 mantra suddenly gets redefined as top 6 so they can still talk about their favorite teams. Constant images of klop, Jose and Pep and yet there sides despite much larger budgets are falling behind.

If you live here it's a constant stream of goons, reds and mancs doing the level best to not talk about us. Any way rant over

Come on you spurs

spot how many spurs stories are on the telegraphs web football page. That we are second and blasting our way through an injury crisis is lest newsworthy then a championship referring decision

Football

You have to scroll down 19 stories till you get to a Spurs stories. Imagine if Jose was chasing spurs down there be a 20 page booklet

Last edited:
Couldn't give a fuck about the pundits' views of us, whether the media bills us as a big club, or if they think Liverpool and the rest are challenging for the title and ignore us.

Just watch the matches and enjoy the ride.

The reason it matters is that for years we've been told we weren't part of their little love-in, and that we couldn't ever dream of breaking into the elite. Our players would always need to move on to better things.

Now we are there and the patronising has just about stopped, but not to be replaced with any recognition - just not to be mentioned at all.

I don't want us to be liked, I want to see Ian Wright squirming like he did on MOTD last night........there are Gooners, United, Liverpool everywhere in the Press - I want to our success constantly rammed down their throats.

Back
Top Bottom