Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If offered the job i sincerely hope he tells Levy to go fuck himself.

It's a bit sad going back to work for the bloke who sacked you.
I agree.

As much as I'd like to see him back in some respects, mainly from a 'misty-eyed' perspective, the reality was that the 2nd half of 2019 onwards, CL run excepted, we weren't good at all. And as you say, should he ever come back, it really shouldn't be under Levy - I can't see how that partnership/relationship can be repaired, given how it ended.

In the cold light of day, we're not ready as a club to have Poch back - we have too many problems we somehow need to resolve, and I would have thought he still needs some level of success elsewhere.

NO ……Totally the wrong move for him and us.

There was a lot of hatred for him after the CL final and the start of the next season. He definitely lost the squad as well.

Remember walking back to the station after the Bayern CL game. Loads of people just wanted him to fuck off.

I don’t think he’s as universally loved as people like to think.

I'd have him back in a heart beat. His style of football was entertaining and I reckon he'd have a riot of a time with the likes of Richarlison, Kulu and Bissouma.

Bring back the diamond. Bring back the lemons.

So torn about whether I want him back or not. His love for the Club is unquestionable and we witnessed some beautiful play. However, it's a crime that we didn't bag one single trophy during his tenure and his press conference before the CL final was quite frankly, appalling.
In spite of that, I will always have a deep affection for him and I don't want him broken again by the owners.

It was lightning in a bottle with Poch and the players we managed to get either before or in the early days of his tenure. Even if we get the same Poch back, I seriously doubt we'll have the same kind of fortune with our playing talent again. If he does come back, I hope I'm wrong, of course.

Last edited:
Love him (not as much as Spurs) so much I hope he never comes back simply because I believe it will end in tears when we turn on him once more when the results don't go our way.
People are melancholic about good old times. Almost the same as the old people in Romania saying communism was much better than today.

I dont understand this mentality that we shouldnt get Poch back because ‘the football was bad in the last few months’

News flash, we’ve been quite bad for most periods of our modern history. The football has been bad the past 4 years since he left. Not a single manager had us consistently overachieving and hitting the heights that Poch did. None. Not one. He got us into a CL final on the back of a transferless window.

Accepting reality, ENIC and Levy are NEVER going to spend big money to make us title contenders at the expense of profit. Never. So these big spending managers just dont work at Spurs.

Bring Poch back and at worst we will be the fittest squad in the league and play fast flowing football. With all that money Levy spent hiring and sacking managers he could have thrown Poch a few bones in the transfer market.

Bring back the holy son. Its a no brainer.

I don't have a clue how it'll go, but I do think he ends up back with us in the summer if Conte isn't backed in a serious way this window (and the next).

Back
Top Bottom