Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This actually surprises me given how defensively solid we have become, and how many silly goals Woolwich concede early on before coming back into matches.

We did turn around an awful lot of deficits in Poch's first season though: we've conceded only 22 goals so far this season, but had conceded 45 goals at this point in 2014/15.

Key thing is we normally only concede 1 - other teams maybe have more turnovers but get less points from doing so.

Incredible that since Poch took charge we are the best team in the league and a full 10 points clear.

3 seasons!!!

Be nice to have something to show for it. :avbpray:

Its clear though that we are heading in the right direction. Last season we were the best team to watch, we had one of the best defences, top league goalscorer etc.

This season, best defence, one of the top goalscorers, lost the least, most exciting to watch, unbelievable at home, improving on last season.

Next year, hopefully all the clubs that could potentially threaten us will be in the same boat in that they'll be affected by European football.

It does seem like one thing after another though doesn't it? Freak season happens during our best chance of winning the title and Leicester win the league. Chelsea have no European distraction thus year during another great chance to win the league. Next year, we'll be playing in a stadium we notoriously struggle in etc. Etc.

But these obstacles only make us stronger.

When Poch gets his statue, this will be the quote underneath....

"In football I know it is so difficult to keep your values and to be loyal – with your heart and emotion. But for me before being a manager, before being a player, being loyal is more important." - Mauricio Pochettino

postmatch interview in the field

postmatch interview

now let's all have erections watching and listening him speak.

That Pochettino quote is going to go down in the history of Tottenham like all those Bill Nicholson ones.

"The most important thing is the badge. When you play for Tottenham it's not about the names. It's about the badge. "

All of these quotes. Someone make the banners NOW!
iYSiK.gif

It's should allways be about the shirt not the individual and that is why the Poch philosophy is so good for our club!

The most impressive thing for me is how hard we are to beat. 9 games in nearly two full seasons. Once upon a time we'd have achieved that by end of November...
Poch has gripped the defence - we are the only team to concede <1 goal a game by a country mile. But importantly, he has not sacrificed Spurs' traditional style and elan to do it. I genuinely think that this team is on the verge of greatness - just convert a few more draws into wins and we will be unstoppable!

The most impressive thing for me is how hard we are to beat. 9 games in nearly two full seasons. Once upon a time we'd have achieved that by end of November...
Poch has gripped the defence - we are the only team to concede <1 goal a game by a country mile. But importantly, he has not sacrificed Spurs' traditional style and elan to do it. I genuinely think that this team is on the verge of greatness - just convert a few more draws into wins and we will be unstoppable!
And still the youngest team in the league!

Its clear though that we are heading in the right direction. Last season we were the best team to watch, we had one of the best defences, top league goalscorer etc.

This season, best defence, one of the top goalscorers, lost the least, most exciting to watch, unbelievable at home, improving on last season.

Next year, hopefully all the clubs that could potentially threaten us will be in the same boat in that they'll be affected by European football.

It does seem like one thing after another though doesn't it? Freak season happens during our best chance of winning the title and Leicester win the league. Chelsea have no European distraction thus year during another great chance to win the league. Next year, we'll be playing in a stadium we notoriously struggle in etc. Etc.

But these obstacles only make us stronger.

We've also had to get by with a ridiculous amount of injuries to key players, how many times have we had our strongest XI on the pitch for 90mins?

Back
Top Bottom