Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Neville was very impressed with Tottenham, saying on The Gary Neville Podcast:

“Tottenham were fantastic. Pochettino has really had to take the house down brick by brick and re-build it in the last 18 months.

“It’s not easy to move some players on – with the wages they are on, they want to hang around – and he’s done that. He’s now got a team out on the pitch that’s reflective of him. If I was a Spurs fan, I would gain great encouragement.

“There’s a team out there now that isn’t as flaky as it used to be, that runs like crazy, that absolutely ran all over Woolwich for 75 minutes during that game. If there was one part of the match that they failed in, it was heading the ball – they couldn’t clear their box.

“But it was a fantastic performance from a young team. From Pochettino’s point of view, he will have a bit of a tingle because he can feel where he’s taking this team. You can see the work that’s going in on the training ground.

http://www.football365.com/news/neville-disjointed-Woolwich-as-bad-as-ive-seen

Foor goodness sake Levy, keep Pochettino around at all costs. Even if everything goes to shit, we miss out on the top-4 and lose some of our bet players he's still the man we want for the foreseeable future. There's so much promise in the way the club is doing at the moment in terms of philosophy of play, bringing young players through, not signing primadonnas etc. And while we're at it Levy, bring in a backup striker for Kane in January and perhaps a flair player to bring something off the bench instead of having to put on.... Townsend.

Only thing we need in terms of style of play right now is a little more expression going forward. Perhaps Poch should bring in his old Espanyol mate Ivan De La Peña to work with Eriksen and co.

Can we all take a moment to admire what a miracle Poch has pulled here! Youngest squad in the league. Full of English talent. Academy stars shining through. Unbeaten in 11 games. All this with the fact that he was almost screwed by the board during the summer with late transfer bids and non sense friendlies. I am fairly sure if we skipped the Audi cup, we would not have lost at United. Honestly, we have struck gold here with this guy.

For once I hope the board recognizes that they have hit the jackpot and back him fully. If you think about it, there hasn't been a single game this season that we have been overplayed. We maybe wobbled a little bit against Stoke and Leicester at the end, but every other league game, we have dominated teams.

When a team is this confident, any sort of statement will provide a boost. I hope we go all out in January to get in a superstar attacker to give us that boost which will lead us to top 4 and beyond.

you've gone and said it now.

We're fucked.

love what Poch is aiming for.. This is the most together Spurs side I have seen for many a year..There is something special going on here..
Have any of you loved the actual players in our squad as much as right now?

There have been some real great guys in recent years, but for the first time I can remember I cannot think of a single Spurs player who comes across like a dick. I'm absolutely sure that it helps a cultivate a 'togetherness' in the team. (Townsend may be the one exception to the case recently, yet he's come across well prior to this)
Even the new guys seem rather sweet (take Son's bonding with the team, buying them a Korean buffet, etc).

When I think of other teams, and some of the horrible lot they've got in their squads (just think of the cunts playing for Woolwich and Chelsea), it reminds me how happy I am watching Spurs at the moment. Even the draws or losses are more palatable because the players seem to actually give a damn (the one exception to this being Anderlecht recently, but I can't think of another game this season where I could be angry with the players).

I'm mentioning this here, because it's no coincidence that Pochettino's plans have involved moving on some of the more 'difficult' players from the ranks. At the moment, that decision looks to be paying off.

Here's hoping that we continue to be careful in who we bring in (during January and/or summer).

Still buzzing from our showing in the NLD.
Agree with everyone here who says what a great job the manager is doing. With such a young squad there are bound to be indifferent performances from time to time but there hasn't been a single match this year where I've had to concede "we deserved to/ should/could have lost that one". I wasn't keen on him when his name was being touted as our next boss, but Poch is showing what a talented young manager he is. I've supported his appointment from day one because I felt all us fans had to- our managerial revolving door was a joke- but we are now seeing what a high quality appointment he was. The Saints fan who came on here after we signed him, telling us we had struck gold was absolutely spot on. Top 4 isn't a pipe dream, but I won't shed a tear if we miss out this time around. Things are going in the right direction & I just hope he is backed 100% in the transfer market if he feels we need to add. Levy needs to understand that he has hit managerial gold & not play his stupid games with derisory bids for players the manager says he wants

Poch Ten min before KO.........not another fucking letter!
tumblr_mwjlmfJ1vx1rkiuhro1_500.gif

Back
Top Bottom