Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It only tends to be Vertonghen (yesterday for Kone, numerous times for Diouf) who allows the defenders to run across him. I think it was Lukaku who tried it against Alderweireld and he just blocked him off, was real good defending. Dier did the same as Vertonghen last season when he played at centre half and allowed runners across him which is why they were so disastrous together.

Vertonghen also has the tendency to back off attackers, see Bale in pre-season and especially Mahrez against Leicester. But more games like yesterday and I'll be very happy, he was outstanding as were our whole defence (Walker mistake aside).

I just can't wait to have this back five, with Dier sitting in front and the likes of Son, Kane and Eriksen attacking with pace and guile.

monks done a lot better for swansea than poch has for us so far.
Strong offense makes team win the game,
Strong defence makes team win the league.

But both need strong midfielder.

Swansea's midfielders are very strong.
JJ, Ki, and Cork boss the ground with any big teams (Chelsea, Mancity, Woolwich, etc).
That is the point. Our midfielders are not good enough for our desire.

Poch's style is clear.
Press from the forward, possess the ball, when we accroach the ball, attack quickly.
But how he could do that without strong midfielders?

Of course our midfielders are young and very talented. They will be a great players.
But now, we don't need 'talented' player. We need 'real one'

p.s. I'm sad for my English ability :-(

Strong offense makes team win the game,
Strong defence makes team win the league.

But both need strong midfielder.

Swansea's midfielders are very strong.
JJ, Ki, and Cork boss the ground with any big teams (Chelsea, Mancity, Woolwich, etc).
That is the point. Our midfielders are not good enough for our desire.

Poch's style is clear.
Press from the forward, possess the ball, when we accroach the ball, attack quickly.
But how he could do that without strong midfielders?

Of course our midfielders are young and very talented. They will be a great players.
But now, we don't need 'talented' player. We need 'real one'

p.s. I'm sad for my English ability :-(

Your English is very good mate

I dont want to eat my words but I still have faith in poch. We are playing relatively well and I think once we refresh the attack with what are hopefully well picked players. Confidence after that will play a big part in how well we defend and how clinical and daring we are when we attack.

Saw a nice stat that we've created the most clear chances of any team in the Premier League.

..however, attached to that was that we've also missed the most clear chances.

Definite improvement yesterday but still so slow in attack and incredibly boring football to watch.

We were flattered because, and fair play to them, Everton did look to attack at stages of the game.

Dier did well and that is to Pochs credit but I still have concerns. I am sickened by playing one up at home. Sickened.

I actually don't see how you can see things any other way but i understand that results will cloud some peoples judgment.

1) Against United we created 3 clear cut chances whilst they had zero. In fact, did they create anything bar the goal that came from a mistake? we bossed most of that game.

2) Against stoke we peppered their goal and should have been 3 or 4 up. yes they got into the game midway through the second half but they didn't look like scoring until we gave them a bullshit pen.

3) Against leicester i think it was an even game but as the away team we again limited them to nothing. We then take the lead and due to stupid defending we fuck up.

4) Yesterday we created 3 clear cut chances and Everton created diddly squat.

We could easily have picked up 9 to 12 points had we had luck on our side (and a striker option on the bench). Compare this to the utter dross avb served up where we couldn't create a clear cut chance in about 10 games. it's like night and day (except AVB had luck and bad refereeing decisions going our way).

1) we had a good first 20 minutes and last 10. Bossed the game? No

2) mostly correct but they looked dangerous more than once before the pen

3) agree

4) Everton created at least 2 chances that I remember.
Different opinions of course but I don't think we have been anywhere near as unlucky as you suggest.

1) we had a good first 20 minutes and last 10. Bossed the game? No

2) mostly correct but they looked dangerous more than once before the pen

3) agree

4) Everton created at least 2 chances that I remember.
Different opinions of course but I don't think we have been anywhere near as unlucky as you suggest.

1) united are the home team...the emphasis is on them to attack and bring the game to us. What chance did they create bar the goal? when did they test Vorm? they had 1 shot on target the whole game and it was an Own goal. We as the away team created clear openings and dictated the tempo of the game for the most part. Just because our performance levels dropped after the United goal we still did our jobs and limited them to nothing..nada.

2) You're correct but they didn't look like scoring to me. They looked more dangerous after they got the pen but again we created loads and played some good stuff for the most part.

3) yep

4) Everton created an arouna kone chance and a half chance from cleverly from a Walker mistake. WE created 3 clear cut chances (2 from mason and one from Kane) as well as a few half chances. Go on the Everton forum and see how fucking shite they thought they played.

Pochettino is still molding this Spurs team together, we will know more at the end of the transfer window, but I definitely think he is the right man for the job. We have a lot of young talent and are still controlling football matches which is extremely positive. All that we need is some cutting edge/finishing, which I blame Levy for, for not putting his hands in his pocket earlier this window.

If we play like we done again Everton all season I will be a happy fan and I'm sure it won't be long before we start climbing back up the table.

1) united are the home team...the emphasis is on them to attack and bring the game to us. What chance did they create bar the goal? when did they test Vorm? they had 1 shot on target the whole game and it was an Own goal. We as the away team created clear openings and dictated the tempo of the game for the most part. Just because our performance levels dropped after the United goal we still did our jobs and limited them to nothing..nada.

2) You're correct but they didn't look like scoring to me. They looked more dangerous after they got the pen but again we created loads and played some good stuff for the most part.

3) yep

4) Everton created an arouna kone chance and a half chance from cleverly from a Walker mistake. WE created 3 clear cut chances (2 from mason and one from Kane) as well as a few half chances. Go on the Everton forum and see how fucking shite they thought they played.

In fairness I think both stifled each other to a large degree (yesterday I'm talking about). Won't both going to their forum. I find that strangely odd?

It is all opinions isn't it but I don't hold the belief we've been unlucky.

Pochettino is still molding this Spurs team together, we will know more at the end of the transfer window, but I definitely think he is the right man for the job. We have a lot of young talent and are still controlling football matches which is extremely positive. All that we need is some cutting edge/finishing, which I blame Levy for, for not putting his hands in his pocket earlier this window.

If we play like we done again Everton all season I will be a happy fan and I'm sure it won't be long before we start climbing back up the table.

also imagine we buy a decent DM, for our toughest matches like Man City we can play him and Dier at the base of the midfield and give real protection to the backline then also play our new fast players to hit on the break.

Son, Clinton, hopefully Berahino and a DM will give us far more tools to do the job.

Your right we should have sorted this sooner but it is what it is.

It's time for him to go, bring Klopp in

Pochettino out
5109cc1261aefc313acc672490653530be32ce960333b9019916554165adf271.jpg

also imagine we buy a decent DM, for our toughest matches like Man City we can play him and Dier at the base of the midfield and give real protection to the backline then also play our new fast players to hit on the break.

Son, Clinton, hopefully Berahino and a DM will give us far more tools to do the job.

Your right we should have sorted this sooner but it is what it is.
I think we tried, but no one will sell until they buy replacements first. Just forces us to wait to complete deals.

Back
Top Bottom