Manchester City v. Tottenham Hotspur - Who cares?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I really care.

With what we have committed to with this stadium Champions league football next season is a must and were in for the fight of our lives for it. Were going to need every point.

Our home games aren't a full gone conclusion so even a point helps here.

Thats not even mentioning how unbearable the scum will be if they finish above us.

Agreed, I care. I care hugely.

However, I think there might be a backlash from them this weekend. Going to need everyone on their A game. Hopefully Sissoko is back.

He isn't.

Sissoko, Winks, Lamela, Aurier and Kane all out.

He isn't.

Sissoko, Winks, Lamela, Aurier and Kane all out.

Bugger.

giphy.gif

Bollocks.

Add to that Wanyama likely to start his 3rd game in 7 days after he had previously only started 3 of his last 31 games..

Dier returned to training today so whether tomorrow is too soon or not who knows. Would be nice to be able to get Dier in there though just for extra bodies.

Wouldn't surprise me to see us to 3 at the back to make up for the lack of midfield with Davies and Sanchez coming in.

Add to that Wanyama likely to start his 3rd game in 7 days after he had previously only started 3 of his last 31 games..

Dier returned to training today so whether tomorrow is too soon or not who knows. Would be nice to be able to get Dier in there though just for extra bodies.

Wouldn't surprise me to see us to 3 at the back to make up for the lack of midfield with Davies and Sanchez coming in.
Yeah, 3 at the back looks likely, unfortunately. Possibly Wanyama, Eriksen and Dele in midfield. I hope we find a way to go 4-2-3-1.

Yeah, 3 at the back looks likely, unfortunately. Possibly Wanyama, Eriksen and Dele in midfield. I hope we find a way to go 4-2-3-1.

If we had peak Wanyama. That midfield 3 is probably the best midfield choice we have when everyone's fit anyway.

Sadly we have a Wanyama who is about as half as good as he once was.

4231 isn't impossible. Just means one of Eriksen or Dele in central midfield with Wanyama. Problem is, Wanyama in a midfield 2 in his state probably isn't smart. We tried it with Sissoko and even a machine like Sissoko couldn't help cover him up

4231 or 433 with and 451 without the ball. 3 at the back is bollocks, the way to counter City isn't to pack the defence with extra CB's it's to stop them transitioning through midfield and cut off supply to the wide areas.

CM is not where I want to see Dele or Eriksen, if at all possible. I think it's a bad compromise.

Maybe.

But most of our best performances over the last 2 seasons has seen both in central midfield. Mostly with Winks though.

In a 433. They're perfect. However we don't have the personnel for it to truly work due to our poor full backs. Lucas on Huddersfield form and Son either side of Kane with that midfield 3 would be competing at a higher level.

If we get a point, I will be over the (blue)moon. Not quite sure how to approach the game. Sit back or play like the first 20 mins on Wednesday?

Gazzaniga
KWP Foyth Vertonghen. Davies
Sanchez
Skipp Eriksen
Dele
Llorente Son/Moura
1) Dele to man mark Fernandinho/De Bruyne
2) Sanchez to drop back when out of possession
3) Llorente as a target man to hold on to ball/lay off through ball
4) Son/Moura to pounce on through ball/make runs into channels.
5) Full back to push up/press high to force errors

Man City is definitely deflated after the last game. It is a huge ask for them to motivate themselves for this game again so soon and against the same team.

If we can play with lots of energy to disrupt their movements, I am sure we have a chance to steal another point against them.

It is also key for us to rest key players as this is one game we can afford to lose. The next 6-7 games are more important to us. Win the remaining league games, we are in TOP 4. COYS!

Don't care who wins the league, I want Spurs to finish 3rd. And, if we win tomorrow, Liverpool fans will be bumlicking us forever if they go on to win the league.

Back
Top Bottom