Man City (A) - The Adebayor Derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The reason I feel a crumb of comfort going to The Etihad is that we are bound to have plenty of opportunities to break, Silva and Kompany injured...But Aguero/Negredo partnership is superb, they do worry me a lot.

I would also agree that Sandro and Dembele would be my midfield choice with Holtby...and if, for some reason Townsend started left and Lennon or Lamela on the right, that would be pleasing too.

With Eriksen out I wouldn't mind seeing a midfield trio of Sandro, Paulinho, and Dembele or perhaps Holtby in place of either of the latter two. Lamela, Soldado, and Lennon up top. Free reign for all three.

Won't happen though. This international break has been thoroughly depressing. A loss will only compound that. I'd be satisfied with a hard-fought draw or a flukey three points.

I'm quietly confident for this game. Toure as great a player as he is is integral for City and he's not used to likes of Sandro who will make him disappear. Kaboul has earnt a start, that's for sure and he is our best hope of dealing with Aguero and Negredo. AVB won't leave Lamela out again because he knows if we then lose the pressure from the fans on him will be too much and sometimes you have to just go with them. Townsend will finally have space to get an assist and Holtby's pressing on a defense lacking confidence will be lethal to them. All this will result in plenty of chances for Soldado who will get a brace. Pauliniho will have been revived by his games with Brazil and do plenty of running, getting an assist whilst putting in a MOTM performance. Lloris is seriously p!ssed off after going out to Ukraine/hyped after being the sole reason France reached Brazil and as such refuses to concede a goal.

:holtbytongue:

I'm quietly confident for this game. Toure as great a player as he is is integral for City and he's not used to likes of Sandro who will make him disappear. Kaboul has earnt a start, that's for sure and he is our best hope of dealing with Aguero and Negredo. AVB won't leave Lamela out again because he knows if we then lose the pressure from the fans on him will be too much and sometimes you have to just go with them. Townsend will finally have space to get an assist and Holtby's pressing on a defense lacking confidence will be lethal to them. All this will result in plenty of chances for Soldado who will get a brace. Pauliniho will have been revived by his games with Brazil and do plenty of running, getting an assist whilst putting in a MOTM performance. Lloris is seriously p!ssed off after going out to Ukraine/hyped after being the sole reason France reached Brazil and as such refuses to concede a goal.

Im assuming that Soldado is not assisted by either Townsend or Paulinho and we win this 4-0 by your estimation?

They almost never lose at home, so if we nick a point I would be quite happy with that... Or is this the game where everything finally clicks and we score six-seven goals? :sandroscream:
I'd be over the moon if we got a point there. The game where we click might come soon, but it definitely won't be this game.

1-0 City win. Spurs to try and fail and get caught with our pants down.
Hopefully Hugo will be back to avoid a complete drubbing.

We need a win badly, but can't see it - they have an incredible home record, and although we have performed well away, I still don't think we will get anything out of this game. Please let me be wrong!

There is a flaw in your plan; Lloris went through tonight... We're going to lose now aren't we.:avbfacepalm:

I know it's optimistic, but hell someone's got to be. Most Spurs fans seem to have less life than

Bugger, well maybe plan B, did Lloris play a major role so hyped after being the sole reason France reached Brazil works? :avbpray:
may work except, lloris did very little, the linesman and the ukraine defending deserve all the credit for the win

I just don't want to hear any excuses on why Lamela won't or shouldn't start against City ... due to this international break.

City's deputy captain and their talisman (who both are almost certain to start against us) are in the same boat as Lamela. Plus theoretically, them two should be even more tired than Lamela, given they played more in this break than him.

So ... Mr. AVB, I better be smiling when I wake up at 7 am on Sunday to check the starting lineup.

We need a win badly, but can't see it - they have an incredible home record, and although we have performed well away, I still don't think we will get anything out of this game. Please let me be wrong!
We had an incredible home record this season as well, and then West Spam happened

Be realistic. City have found a groove. We are in a little bit of trouble. Lets hope AVB has grown a set or had an almighty bollicking and we go their with a do or due attitude.

Townsend will finally have space to get an assist
Woah woah woah, hold on.

You want Townsend to...pass?:townhmm:

1-0 City win. Spurs to try and fail and get caught with our pants down.
Hopefully Hugo will be back to avoid a complete drubbing.
[/quote]
Why are we even considering getting drubbed? Despite them having scored 28 goals this season, they are still below us in the table.

This game should be excellent. A clutch of world class players, 1 excellent strike force against a rock solid defence, 1 stuttering strike force against a leaky defence. and the midfield equally matched.

Should be a close game all round by my calculations.

Maybe (hopefully) we can surprise them, but I feel a bit of a smashing might be on the cards. That could yet turn out to be a positive thing though if it exposes flaws in our system, forces us to go back to the drawing board tactically, and sets us off on another long run of decent form (as consecutive defeats did last season).

Let me stop you right there.... we don't do confident... quietly or otherwise...
It just ain't Spursy! ....haven't the last few seasons taught you anything???

:avbfacepalm::gomes::paulinhofacepalm::dawsonmean::vdvcry::harrysmile::dempsey::defoe:

Back
Top Bottom