Lucas Moura

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just sayin':
I think we have a revolutionary new strategy.

It won’t be noticed by the masses for another two years, but here’s how it works.
If a club doesn’t sign anyone in January, then it means nothing. But it’s a big issue if not activity occurs in the summer.

However, if January signings are not panic buys, and are instead planned purchases with a view to first team expectations after the summer then surely that would be better than buying at all in the summer. Simply make planned, well considered additions in January. Save the summer for replacements only in the event of an important player departure.

Lucas Moura is the perfect example of this. He is having a wonderful pre season and looks like a £100m player.

No other club is taking the Moura approach. Given that Poch likes to give youth a chance and that Winks will be back with other starlets waiting in the wings, there’s no point in buying a centre mid. Poch is bold. He is trusting youth in that area.

Toby hasn’t gone, and he might not go. Time will tell.

Kane needs a back up, something more potent than Llorente. But this kind of player is extremely difficult to find and attract. You essentially looking for a player good enough to be first choice in nine out of ten top flight clubs, and then you want him to play second fiddle.

Long live the Moura approach. I hope we sign nocunt, not even Super John McGinn who has decided to go global this year and fuck up ever obscure opponent the marauding Hibees get drawn against. Wonders never cease.

When did I post that?...

I like that he seems to bring the best out of his partner up top as well. He and Kane All work well together and I want to see him with a more traditional target guy like Llorente and how he works with Son as well.

He's like the reincarnation of Lennon, but with a little added spice (And the ability to shoot. His finishing is actually pretty good).
Moura is more technical, has more creativity and will probably score more than Lennon. There might be some similarities between the two, but I think Moura will be on a different level. Don't get me wrong, Lennon was my favorite Spurs player for some time, but I back Lucas for bigger things.

Just sayin':

When did I post that?...

A shrewd strategy the suits the managers philosophy of fully conditioning players before bringing them into the starting lineup.... only issue is that we are compelled to shop in a marketplace that sees January as a irrelevant window that only exists to panic buy and offload troublemakers.

If the players aren't available then we cant buy them in January.

Moura is more technical, has more creativity and will probably score more than Lennon. There might be some similarities between the two, but I think Moura will be on a different level. Don't get me wrong, Lennon was my favorite Spurs player for some time, but I back Lucas for bigger things.
The only similarity is pace.

Can't get over his second goal. The pace. The little touch to get it away at the end. The finish. Just excellent.

Been crying out for a player like this for years. That player who takes us to a different level. We've always said we needed a Hazard, an Aguero, a Suarez etc. We've finally got it. Maybe he isn't on that particular level but fucking hell he gives us that different dimension.

Could really help us close out some tight games by getting an extra goal on the counter and releasing the pressure when we're under the cosh.

Last night at 2-0 up I wasn't 100% comfortable - could see Fellaini getting a flukey goal and then the nerves kicking in again (maybe more so for the supporters, than the players), but then Lucas popping up with the 3rd goal was just what was required to break their spirits. Can see it happening a lot that Kane will be dropping deeper towards the end of the match, to help defensively and then Lucas can be a great outlet.
I think the club has transitioned to a place now where it is only the supporters. Too much confidence in this squad to get worried about the human Q-tip coming on. Even if it went to 1-2 I think Toby and Jan would have closed up shop so well it would have made Mourinho proud.

There's going to be a fierce battle for starting places between Lucas, Lamela and Son this year me thinks.

Hope that brings out the best of them.
Depending on the opposition I could see all 3 of them starting, maybe giving Eriksen or Dele a spell.

Son and Moura running at your backline has to be a pants-shitting experience.

The thing I think you don’t appreciate till you see him in person is the way he leaps! He would sprint 30 yards and then out jump every Man U defender. Incredible! Like Michael Jordan!

Back
Top Bottom