Lucas Bergvall

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I am not quite sure where to post it, but I also cannot contain my excitement regarding our future.

We have SO MUCH exiting talent in EVERY line, only don't know about GK but Venom should be top notch goalie for next 6 years comfortably, so fuck that position :D .

But in defense - we already have U-Dog who is just 21 and VDV who is 23 which is just a puppy-age for a CB. Dragusin is also 21 and one of most exiting talents in Europe for me, but already has some real experience. Looking forward down the line, we have secured services of Vuskovic that is so highly regarded 16 yo. From our own academy we have Dorrington, 18, who has been in England youth teams and bossing in youth league for us. Plus we have sent out Phillips who seems like an absolute monster physically already at age of 18. Also not only tall, but also strong.

In midfield - again starting with already starters - Sarr at 21 who already has been THE BEST midfielder of this season for Spurs and his ceiling is ... well there is none basically. He already is a star, and could be one of the best midfielders of his generation. Now we signed Bergvall who, I admit, I don't know all that much about, but for 17 yo player to have senior NT debut and 41 senior games under his belt can't be much of a plodder, can he? Then we have Alfie Devine, 19, that already aced League One and had brilliant start in Championship as well. Plus he has a senior goal for us registred, don't forget that!

And well, most talents we actually have in frontline - Brennan Johnson is just 22 and has double figure EPL goals on his name; Kulusevski is still really young at 23, despite playing so many games already. Veliz is still just 20, but already has his first EPL goal and looks really promising. We've already seen Donley, 19, getting 4 sub-appearances and never looked out of place. We have Soonsup-Bell (feshly 20) who is among best scorers and assisters in U21 league who we lured over from Chelsea. We have Parrott (still just 21) staring, scoring and assisting in Eredivise. We have Yago Santiago (20) who has been on senior side bench number of times and is scoring and assisting for fun in U21 side, we have Will Lankhear (18) who is 4th biggest scorer in U21 EPL and has 3 goals from 3 games for U19 England side. We have Scarlett (still just 19) who was trusted 45 minutes in Carabao cup and who Ange also brought on vs Burnley. Even further down the line, there is Mikey Moore. 16 yo kiddo who is pulling up trees in U18 EPL (9 goals and 6 assists in 9 games) and has 6 goals in 8 games for England U17.

And I left out Gil who obviously is technically also gifted player, but is so far in the pecking order this season + physically made no progress over years, so I'm fairly convinced his time with us will conclude with current season.

Obviously not all of them will become stars or superstars or starters for us.

But from past 10 years I do not remember anything close to this kind talent being "in pipeline".

In total that is already 7 players 23 or under that who are either starters or among first options off the bench. And then further 11 players that are either on loan to get some experience or dominating in youth leagues. As we are on 11 wins from 11 games in U21 EPL and 2nd (with equal points with leader) in U18 EPL.

Future is bright. Future is Lilywhite.

Great post

I totally believe we want to make Spurs a place where all the best young talent want to come and play. Our youth teams are dominating their respective leagues. We have a manager who actively encourages players to play and if they make a mistake, it's his fault as it's his instruction.

We should all be very excited for the summer because we will be looking at more of the most promising players in Europe and across the world to add to this squad.

We’re making the right kind of signings

We’ll never sign the Mbappe’s or Bellingham’s of this world

But we’re giving ourselves the chance to create these types of players ourselves by signing top level youngsters and giving them first team experience from an early age

Really impressed with Lange so far

Along with the likes of Mickey we're gonna have so many teen-aged girls joining the fanbase......

Fucking look at this guy!!!!

GFSJCiaW4AArm61

I've been turned.

We’re making the right kind of signings

We’ll never sign the Mbappe’s or Bellingham’s of this world

But we’re giving ourselves the chance to create these types of players ourselves by signing top level youngsters and giving them first team experience from an early age

Really impressed with Lange so far

Mbappe is interesting because we've just done what Monaco did when they brought in loads of talent like Mbappe.

Question is, will we sell these starts when they hit their peak? Or will we be in a position where we are good enough for them all to stay.

I am not quite sure where to post it, but I also cannot contain my excitement regarding our future.

We have SO MUCH exiting talent in EVERY line, only don't know about GK but Venom should be top notch goalie for next 6 years comfortably, so fuck that position :D .

But in defense - we already have U-Dog who is just 21 and VDV who is 23 which is just a puppy-age for a CB. Dragusin is also 21 and one of most exiting talents in Europe for me, but already has some real experience. Looking forward down the line, we have secured services of Vuskovic that is so highly regarded 16 yo. From our own academy we have Dorrington, 18, who has been in England youth teams and bossing in youth league for us. Plus we have sent out Phillips who seems like an absolute monster physically already at age of 18. Also not only tall, but also strong.

In midfield - again starting with already starters - Sarr at 21 who already has been THE BEST midfielder of this season for Spurs and his ceiling is ... well there is none basically. He already is a star, and could be one of the best midfielders of his generation. Now we signed Bergvall who, I admit, I don't know all that much about, but for 17 yo player to have senior NT debut and 41 senior games under his belt can't be much of a plodder, can he? Then we have Alfie Devine, 19, that already aced League One and had brilliant start in Championship as well. Plus he has a senior goal for us registred, don't forget that!

And well, most talents we actually have in frontline - Brennan Johnson is just 22 and has double figure EPL goals on his name; Kulusevski is still really young at 23, despite playing so many games already. Veliz is still just 20, but already has his first EPL goal and looks really promising. We've already seen Donley, 19, getting 4 sub-appearances and never looked out of place. We have Soonsup-Bell (feshly 20) who is among best scorers and assisters in U21 league who we lured over from Chelsea. We have Parrott (still just 21) staring, scoring and assisting in Eredivise. We have Yago Santiago (20) who has been on senior side bench number of times and is scoring and assisting for fun in U21 side, we have Will Lankhear (18) who is 4th biggest scorer in U21 EPL and has 3 goals from 3 games for U19 England side. We have Scarlett (still just 19) who was trusted 45 minutes in Carabao cup and who Ange also brought on vs Burnley. Even further down the line, there is Mikey Moore. 16 yo kiddo who is pulling up trees in U18 EPL (9 goals and 6 assists in 9 games) and has 6 goals in 8 games for England U17.

And I left out Gil who obviously is technically also gifted player, but is so far in the pecking order this season + physically made no progress over years, so I'm fairly convinced his time with us will conclude with current season.

Obviously not all of them will become stars or superstars or starters for us.

But from past 10 years I do not remember anything close to this kind talent being "in pipeline".

In total that is already 7 players 23 or under that who are either starters or among first options off the bench. And then further 11 players that are either on loan to get some experience or dominating in youth leagues. As we are on 11 wins from 11 games in U21 EPL and 2nd (with equal points with leader) in U18 EPL.

Future is bright. Future is Lilywhite.
vdv 22 not 23 until April

Mbappe is interesting because we've just done what Monaco did when they brought in loads of talent like Mbappe.

Question is, will we sell these starts when they hit their peak? Or will we be in a position where we are good enough for them all to stay.
Yep. that is the question. Levy has overseen a structural change at Spurs though. We now have the 9th highest revenue, the best cost: revenue ratio, and clear potential to grow revenue further (mainly through on the field performances), and, most importantly, a great coach. We can become a solid member of the top 6 or 7 clubs in the world (Barca, Real, Man City, Man U, Bayern, Liverpool, Us) and be a place top players spend their prime years.

I don't know anything about Bergvall but I'm slightly worried that this the usual money grubbing appointment that Levy always makes at the last minute. Never heard of him before yesterday and now he's spurs...please turn out well...
That's because you're looking at this completely wrong.

This isn't about 'cheap options,' it's about succession planning. We're amassing quite a pool of highly rated, talented youth that, if they realise their potential, will set us up for years.

It's not just about the talent either, the recruitment team are aligning that with the mentality of these players, so they have the best possible chance of reaching that potential. We've already had highly talented players, like Marcus Edwards, with questionable mentality. To make it at the very highest level, you need to have both, as talent alone simply isn't enough.

The balance of our recruitment, between first team/squad ready players and future prospects is, IMHO, absolutely superb at the moment, and aligns with what AP was saying about winning trophies in his previous presser. It's no good just recruiting for the now, a club of our stature needs to ensure that we are competing at the top end year after year. Our current recruitment is showing that this isn't just a soundbite, but an actual plan.

Back
Top Bottom