Loan Watch

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rodon starts for Leeds tonight.
They got caned 3-1 at the weekend with him not involved.
Leeds beat QPR 1-0.

Last edited:
REGUILONMAN UTDEPLbench 8pm ko
RODONLEEDSCHAMPstarted 90
SPENCELEEDSCHAMPunused sub
ScarlettIPSWICHCHAMPunused sub
DevinePORT VALEL1not in squad FA Cup injured
TANGANGAAUGSBURGBUNDdec 3
ParrottE ROTTERDAMHOLLANDstarted subbed off 70?
NDOMBELEGalatasaryTurkeysub on 83
VUSKOVICHajduk SplitCroatiaunused sub

Last edited:
6 rumours (so far :rolleyes: )
Spence to Genoa, Gil to Fiorentina, Vuscovic to a Belgian or Dutch side, Dorrington to Millwall, Craig to Doncaster, Dier to BM (sale?)

Edit:
Loan/sale : Reguillon, Hojbjerg, Whiteman
Croatia transfer window closes February 15: Perisic
Long shots: GLC, Sessegnon?

I think that Rodon’s contract might become permanent this month.

Courtesy of glacierSpurs glacierSpurs

Seldom do we have loanees being recalled or even returning in the January window. It's almost like whoever the coach/manager was in the past just didn't wanna see those loanees ever again until they return for pre season before getting loaned out again.
We are so much more responsible as a club to these players now. I know we are paying their wages, but if we are always so active in charting their progress, their improvements can never be a bad thing to us

Am I right in thinking we have an entire XI out on loan right now?

Josh Keeley (Barnet)
Reguillon (Brentford)
Rodon (Leeds)
Phillips (Plymouth)
Tanganga (likely Millwall)
Craig (Doncaster)
Dier (Bayern)
Spence (Genoa)
Ndombele (Galatasaray)
Devine (Plymouth)
Parrott Excelsior Rotterdam)

I know that's 4 CBs in there - (which skews the 'formation' a little but is still quite telling) but that's basically an entire team out on loan...

I haven't even included Vušković as hasn't actually played for us yet!

Loan list updated:

REGUILLONBRENTFORDEPL
RODONLEEDSCHAMP
PHILLIPS U21P ARGYLECHAMP
Devine U21P ARGYLECHAMP
TANGANGA CLUB TRAINEDMILLWALLCHAMP
Craig U21DONCASTERL2
Keeley U21BARNETNAT LEAGUE
SPENCEGENOASERIE A
NDOMBELEGALATASARYTURKEY
DIERBMUNICHBUNDESLIGA
PERISICHAJDUK SPLITCROATIA
VUSKOVIC U21HAJDUK SPLITCROATIA
Parrott U21E ROTTERDAMHOLLAND

From July 2023, teams may only have a maximum of seven players loaned in and seven loaned out at one time – down from eight last season. It will fall to six next summer, although under-21s and club-trained players are exempt.

EDIT: Just spotted that club trained players are exempt. As Tanganga doesn't count we could make another loan.
Leeds are rumoured to want to make Rodon's loan permanent so perhaps another slot could become available.

Rumour: Vuscovic to a Belgian or Dutch side
Rumour: Gil to Fiorentina or Real Sociedad.
Old rumour: Dorrington to Millwall.

Potential Academy loans:
Donley
: Not seen training with the first team.
Robson: MF. Now 21 and contract until 2025. Ironically was training with the first team so maybe a last look by Ange?
Dorrington: ??
Soonsup-Bell: 19 yo striker.
Nile John: 20 yo MF.

Last edited:
Loan list updated:

REGUILLONBRENTFORDEPL
RODONLEEDSCHAMP
PHILLIPS U21P ARGYLECHAMP
Devine U21P ARGYLECHAMP
TANGANGAMILLWALLCHAMP
Craig U21DONCASTERL2
Keeley U21BARNETNAT LEAGUE
SPENCEGENOASERIE A
NDOMBELEGALATASARYTURKEY
DIERBMUNICHBUNDESLIGA
PERISICHAJDUK SPLITCROATIA
VUSKOVIC U21HAJDUK SPLITCROATIA
Parrott U21E ROTTERDAMHOLLAND

From July 2023, teams may only have a maximum of seven players loaned in and seven loaned out at one time – down from eight last season. It will fall to six next summer, although under-21s and club-trained players are exempt.

We are now maxed out with 7 senior players on loan.
Leeds are rumoured to want to make Rodon's loan permanent so perhaps one more slot could become available.

Rumour: Vuscovic to a Belgian or Dutch side
Rumour: Gil to Fiorentina or Real Sociedad.
Old rumour: Dorrington to Millwall.

Potential Academy loans:
Donley
: Not seen training with the first team.
Robson: MF. Now 21 and contract until 2025. Ironically was training with the first team so maybe a last look by Ange?
Dorrington: ??
Soonsup-Bell: 19 yo striker.
Nile John: 20 yo MF.

I guess Nusa wouldn't count as a senior player if we bought him and loaned him back out?

Gil looks like it would have to be a perm move though?

I guess Nusa wouldn't count as a senior player if we bought him and loaned him back out?

Gil looks like it would have to be a perm move though?
Nusa is U21 so unlimited U21 loans.
Looks like a Gil perm move is more likely than a loan. Better for him and the club IMO.
Personally I think he will stay until summer. He has played in our last 4 fixtures.
Edit: Just realised Tanganga is CT so 1 more slot available.

Parrott starts again tonight against Heerenveen, kick-off 19:00
The kid's just got himself a nice assist.

Other than that we've not seen him. His team is very poor and negative, though...so he gets next to no balls coming his way. Defensively he could try (a lot) harder...his press is rather ridiculous.

He's just scored. Awful backpass from the Heerenveen defender, great read by Troy, one touch to bring it on to his left, second to finish low and into the corner. Predatroy...

2-0 at HT but the lad's team not out of sight yet as they are so poor, Heerenveen got the ball but just conceded two cheap goals. Excelsior missed a glorious chance to score a 3rd just before the whistle...shame it fell to one of his teammates, Troy would've buried that.

Back
Top Bottom