Liverpool vs Tottenham - Sunday May 5th - 16:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And neither should it be anywhere near anyone's agenda.

But he needs to have real clarity ahead of next season.

What he won't survive is a poor first 10 games next season. Not a chance. Poor is less than 14 points or crushing defeats.

Zero room for sentimentality.
Obviously fixture list dependant, but if he's on 14 points after 10 games next season that's a disgrace.

Agree with most of what you say but don’t forget the ‘push and run ‘ side of 1950-51

Alf Ramsey, Tony Marchi, Ditchburn etc

And no Atomic knob Atomic knob I wasn’t around at the time!

Didn't Gerry Francis' time as manager end with a rout there too? I'm not old enough to remember the 7-0 (thank God!) but I do remember that sad "performance".

Only consolation is that Liverpool have kind of knocked off lately. I'd be fucking terrified if they were leading the pack and badly needed the win. Of course once they see our "warriors" and remember the VAR injustice they will probably perk right up.

It is fucking unforgivable that we're in a similar sort of situation to the end of last season again. Finishing with a whimper and dreading what kind of hammering we're gonna get. Disgraceful. 6% price increase as well to pay for Joe Lewis' legal fees.

Thanks for the good times but it's time to fuck off ENIC.
It was 7-0 away to Newcastle. I went to the midweek game before that, away to Bolton. It was 1-1 but we played as if they had never met each other. Just a matter of time for Gerry. In recent years he said that some of the more experienced players couldn’t get their heads round his tactics
sounds a bit too familiar.
From Anges press conference yesterday it sounds like some of our players don’t want to know the training and the way of playing.

It was 7-0 away to Newcastle. I went to the midweek game before that, away to Bolton. It was 1-1 but we played as if they had never met each other. Just a matter of time for Gerry. In recent years he said that some of the more experienced players couldn’t get their heads round his tactics
sounds a bit too familiar.
From Anges press conference yesterday it sounds like some of our players don’t want to know the training and the way of playing.

Lost the dressing room then?

I expected us to lose this triple of games, with this being the last.

I think for me, and probably starting with the Fulham loss, it's not losing (that happens) but the manner of the losses.

Losing tomorrow, which I always thought was the least likely loss of 3 isn't a problem. How we lose might be.

I sincerely hope Postecoglou is able to move those who are not up to the job. Really crucial for next season.

It's too easy to look good when things are going well.

anfield is absolute graveyard for us. 430 defeats on a Sunday is our specialty.
Antiques roadshow, heartbeat and a spurs defeat. Perfect set up for Monday morning.

Nearly game day........yay.......

Season 2 Dancing GIF by The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

Man City & Woolwich both got pens today and Liverpool did tomorrow :pochshock: and we’ve still only had two all season. Including tomorrow.

Update: City have two and it’s only HT.

Last edited:
I remember last season at liverpool. Went 3 down in 15 minutes. Disgrace. I hope the players react on sunday but a repeat of last year i fear a bit for Ange as might crack. He did say last night his message is not getting across which is why 1st halves recently have been appalling. If it was me i would ask players for honest opinion why its gone wrong. Has to be honest two way conversation. Tbh i thought newcastle was a blip but its a concern now. He has been honest saying were a long way from where we want to be. I do think if we get smashed by liverpool and city and perhaps draw lose at sheff utd thats a big question mark moving forward. But i want ange to do well.
Surely they must all sit down in a meeting to discuss previous game(s) and see what is wrong. To me it looks like no analysis is done on how we play, let the oppo play, general consistent errors, our poor first half’s which has been going on all season, player analysis, etc. It all seems to be off the cuff make it up as you go along which would work in SPL as teams are crap. There just doesn’t seem to any intelligent thought process. Where are our patterns of play? There is no movement off the ball generally. No long range passing. Forget about shooting and when we do its powder puff or into the high road. The whole thing strikes me of the same as conte where we looked uncoached.

I think I’ve still got the VHS in my loft of us winning there after 70+ years run of no league wins.

70 years. How many managers was that??

Now think we are actively trying to equal that record at Stamford Bridge.

Hoping for a minor miracle on Sunday - at the very least I want to see these players show some fight.

Is it on the same shelf as ‘Debbie does Dallas’?

Sorry Crocker Crocker

Not to your taste?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom