Levy's Biggest Fan (not)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

All im saying is, even before football became a dick measuring "who has got the biggest wallet" competition, we weren't exactly prolific.
And we've had 3 finals and one trophy under enic as well as our best run of league form. So it's arguable we're hitting above par with enic.
If you find it condescending, you must be one of those arguing we haven't won enough trophies under enic. But as I already said, in our 133 year history, we've only ended a season with a major trophy 16 times.
That's 117 trophyless years. So is it really a great crime we've only won one under enic? At a time of sheikhs and oligarchs?

why does there have to be only negative consequences of having a rich investor back us? how do u know city, psgs & chelseas owners will all bail out & leave them in a world of crap. & i thought i was negative. citys owners have done a lot for the club & a deprived area. i dont see why u would be so against rejuvinating the crap tottenham area & investing in a better stadium & facilities. theres no gurantee they wil do a runner & leave us in a big mess. u seem to assume that to be the outcome.
In case you never noticed, Spurs have actually done a fair bit of charitable work in the local area. Is it more, or less, than the work done by City's benefactors? I'll let someone more familiar with both make that call. ENIC have actually invested in the physical infrastructure of the club with the new training ground, and the new player's lodge and stadium on the way.

What they have not done is spent hundreds of millions of pounds more than revenue on transfers and wages.

There is no guarantee a club with that kind of investment will go bust. Either the owners can swallow the debt or stretch out the expectation of repayment indefinitely into the future. But it CAN go wrong, and has done, more than once for many clubs. Leeds, Borussia Dortmund, Portsmouth, Rangers, QPR, Internazionale, AC Milan, Monaco, Anzhi Mahkachkala and others have all gotten into significant trouble when owners have overspent and either ran out of resources or decided to stop paying for the losses.

That might not happen, or it might, in the cases of both Chelsea and City. I'd rather not have Spurs in that position in the first place.

There is also a couple of moral arguments to be made. I'd rather do things in the harder, sustainable way because I feel the Chelsea way is like climbing Everest with a helicopter. It dimishes the achievement. I also disagree with the wilfull denial that Chelsea were funded through the robbing of another country's citizens. The way Abramovich got his money is why we have yet more problems with Russia today. I'd rather not have that stain on our club's honour, anymore than I'd like the money to come from a human rights abusing, terrorism-funding state in the Gulf.

I have principles which I value more than tin pots, and I'd rather take the longer, more honourable way and win fewer than the morally bankrupt instant gratification of either of those clubs.

Got to love the anti-Levy/Poch people on here. Criticism is alright, but I have the feeling most of you just want to be right everytime. It doesn't matter if Poch would get sacked tomorrow, in 3 years or would leave us to get a better job. You would still come back and tell the whole forum that you knew that he will be gone one day (same with Levy).

Oh fuck off you hypocritical old goat. You use people for your own ends. Despicable behaviour, and to play the stress card is even worse - if you want to air your crazy opinions, be prepared to get some flak, and if you don't like it, stop winding people up. Some of your behaviour is beyond the pale.

It is possible to disagree with someone without resorting to personal abuse though without the petty name calling.
Calling someone a "melt", "cunt" etc just because you disagree with them without quantifying is pretty childish imo!
This isn't directed at you Joe but you know who I'm referring to!

There's this moron who clicks "disagree" on every post I make so I've put today's date on one just to see if he reads it!
:adeninja:

He's obviously a keyboard warrior and shd have been banned not sin binned but we can all hope!

Quite amusing really!

Greavsie is obviously a genuine, passionate fan as are we all I hope!
:bmj:

It is possible to disagree with someone without resorting to personal abuse though without the petty name calling.
Calling someone a "melt", "cunt" etc just because you disagree with them without quantifying is pretty childish imo!

There's this moron who clicks "disagree" on every post I make so I've put today's date on one just to see if he reads it!

He's obviously a keyboard warrior and shd have been banned not sin binned but we can all hope!

Quite amusing really!

Countdown to the disagree...........

:harrylol:

Quite amusing really!

Just ignore Arcy - his long running feud with Chicken Tonight has passed into TFC folklore. They used to disagree with each other's posts within minutes of publication - usually seconds. There's no mileage in it for you. As for Greaves? Well, he does seem to polarise opinion if I can put it politely.

Last edited:
I don't geddit?? is it summit to do with the construction of the new stadium??
lb111-men-on-beam-hats-off-copy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom