Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think our criminal de-facto owner is up for sentencing tomorrow, isn't he?

Might be worth keeping an eye on. I'd expect his age and wealth means he'll probably somehow slither out of serving time in the can

Edit. Been adjourned to 04 April :gallashmm:

Last edited:
So you are still wanking over Chavs and City ownership as the model we should have?
Can you give me some examples of me wanking over their model? Let's see you back your mouth up with a few quotes.

Having an opinion that we could and should have invested more in the FOOTBALL team, prioritised football over hotels and golf courses, signed better players, backed our managers and actually won more trophies does not equate to wanking over other clubs, old boy.

I hope so, they should but no chance sadly.

It would call into question the last 22 years of the league and cups. Appeals going in left right and centre would drag it out. They're already talking about changing rules.

Toughest it will be is around a 10 pts deduction and/or a 12 month transfer ban. City would still make top 4.
And they'd probably have strip City of their league titles and award them to the runners up...

giphy.gif

Fuck that for a game of soldiers

4th largest net spend over last 5 years. Worth noting 3rd this season with no European football at all.

Spending power seems to be increasing compared to most other clubs post covid.

4) Tottenham: £-459.4m
23/24: £-132.83m
22/23: £-118.93m (8th)
21/22: £-52.38m (4th)
20/21: £-83.08m (7th)
19/20: £-73.5m (6th)

And if we can get CL this season??
omg-yes-antonio-banderas.gif

How did we have a net spend of 132 million since we sold Kane? We spent at least 232 million?

How did we have a net spend of 132 million since we sold Kane? We spent at least 232 million?

It's really funny how our supposed recent transfer spend keeps getting so over-exaggerated on these pages. .🤣

It's like when people use a loan signing to beef up a transfer window........Then count him again to beef up the next window when it becomes permanent

:harrylol:

Can you give me some examples of me wanking over their model? Let's see you back your mouth up with a few quotes.

Having an opinion that we could and should have invested more in the FOOTBALL team, prioritised football over hotels and golf courses, signed better players, backed our managers and actually won more trophies does not equate to wanking over other clubs, old boy.
Bloody hell fella, there are probably +1k of them but if you think I'm going to waste my time searching for them you have another thing coming. Your entire spend MO has been based on the premise of what other Clubs do, who they buy and how much they spend.

I do find it bizarre though that despite all the evidence available to you, you fail to notice that the stadium you categorically claimed would never be built, is now delivering the revenues that it was set out to deliver and those revenues are now being spent on the team.

For the record, I don't give two fucks about hotels (other than if they generate more revenue for the Club then that's fine by me) and not sure what you are going on about regarding golf courses, unless you mean us getting rid of one and turning it into the first dedicated area for amateur and professional woman's football development in the UK and why you would think that's a bad thing is beyond me.

So you are still wanking over Chavs and City ownership as the model we should have?

Man if someone offered me years and years of competing at the top, champions league trophies, league trophies, domestic cups .. but then down the line we face a really dark period? I'd probably take it. Highs and lows of life.

Nobody can actually take away cup wins. The feeling of the fans when the trophy was lifted will stay forever.

Thanks. Seems really thick to include Dejan, but that's fair. We did outlay a lot.

Brennan does seem quite a bit of an overpay in the context of all others. But he's quite young anyway.

I mean they're all yearly spends, not Summer spends

No idea what the fuck John Thomas is talking about in regards to our spending either...

Man if someone offered me years and years of competing at the top, champions league trophies, league trophies, domestic cups .. but then down the line we face a really dark period? I'd probably take it. Highs and lows of life.

Nobody can actually take away cup wins. The feeling of the fans when the trophy was lifted will stay forever.
Until they are actually taken away and don't count for shit.

And in the case of Chavs, the very likely scenario would be going out of business altogether, when the other clubs in the PL form an orderly queue in the courts as they are sued for hundreds of millions of pounds for loss of earnings (given who owns City and why, I've not included them in the bracket of going out of business). When they are sat in their new seat at Loftus Road watching their new team QPR in League 1 they can say not winning the FA Cup was all worth it.

It's really funny how our supposed recent transfer spend keeps getting so over-exaggerated on these pages. .🤣

It's like when people use a loan signing to beef up a transfer window........Then count him again to beef up the next window when it becomes permanent

:harrylol:

You really are a fucking idiot. Go and pretend to be your wife online somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom