Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Glitch in the system, double posting.

This site uses giphy.com which has many searchable terms for that and every gif.

It's quite disturbing you went on there searching offensive terms until you found the gif. It can easily be found without using such terms.

That's on you.

Look at the post I was replying to please.

View: https://giphy.com/gifs/friends-jerks-hZrpD7mgCTmJq/tile

It's in the URL

There’s hundreds of gifs you could’ve used to call someone dumb. Examples below. I really don’t like that you used a gif of someone with special needs. Sorry.

You Are Dumb Mario Lopez GIF

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

dumb gilda radner GIF by Saturday Night Live

Star Wars Dummy GIF by MOODMAN

I think it was the fact he made no secret of the fact he didnt really want to be here and the football being utter dogshit pretty much all of last season (it was decent the year before) counted against him. FA cup exits to Boro and Sheff Utd didnt help.

But you're right, he got us 4th against the odds and left us in 4th. I'd put his spell a mile above Mourinho's. Nothing remotely good or memorable came out of his 16 months here.
I can't really fathom why people don't seem to get this.
Football aesthetics aside, he was doing a better job than anyone else has since early 2019

Imagine if he didn't have health problems, mates dying and Eric Dier.

I can't really fathom why people don't seem to get this.
Football aesthetics aside, he was doing a better job than anyone else has since early 2019

Imagine if he didn't have health problems, mates dying and Eric Dier.

Err yeah...

On the flip side I can’t stand and look at the stadium , the training ground, and a record of 15/15 top 10 finishes and 10/15 of them being in the Top 5 the last 15 seasons and say the team/club hasn’t improved from what I witnessed in the 90s.

It has.
But has it?
Is there a cup for moving your average league position up a bit, but having little to show for it.
League runner up. Champions League Runner up. 3? League Cup runner up. Are those honours? Does history remember the team that came second?

I've tried to explain how enic make money off spurs, not from spurs, but no one seems to get it.

Spurs are leverage. Our club value is now billions, allowing ENIC to borrow heavily in order to invest borrowed money into other ventures. This wouldn't come out of spurs so nothing on the books shows it as a loss, or money being taken out.

As long as those ventures pay off Spurs will never have an issue. If, however they go tits up and ENIC owe money, that comes from Spurs.

The more we're worth, the more they can borrow. So they need our value to be high, but by being run as lean as possible. In that regard they have done well. Our value is high and they have never once put hands in their own pockets and spent to achieving something big.
The stadium isn't a cost to them, it's a self supporting investment like a 2nd house being rented for more than the mortgage.

There’s hundreds of gifs you could’ve used to call someone dumb. Examples below. I really don’t like that you used a gif of someone with special needs. Sorry.

You Are Dumb Mario Lopez GIF

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

dumb gilda radner GIF by Saturday Night Live

Star Wars Dummy GIF by MOODMAN
The gif was used to demonstrate a farewell wave to the poster blocking me.

I perhaps don't see people with cognitive disabilities like others so negatively and am happy to see them represented appropriately - having a close family member starved of oxygen for 9 minutes at birth and spending his whole life dealing with the consequences of that situation.

Please update your vocabulary though. Special needs is often used as a degrading adjective to describe a person with a disability.

I've tried to explain how enic make money off spurs, not from spurs, but no one seems to get it.

Spurs are leverage. Our club value is now billions, allowing ENIC to borrow heavily in order to invest borrowed money into other ventures. This wouldn't come out of spurs so nothing on the books shows it as a loss, or money being taken out.

As long as those ventures pay off Spurs will never have an issue. If, however they go tits up and ENIC owe money, that comes from Spurs.

The more we're worth, the more they can borrow. So they need our value to be high, but by being run as lean as possible. In that regard they have done well. Our value is high and they have never once put hands in their own pockets and spent to achieving something big.
The stadium isn't a cost to them, it's a self supporting investment like a 2nd house being rented for more than the mortgage.
They invested £150 million quite recently I believe.

I was just taking a morning stroll and noticed a bus stop billboard with a cadburies advert featuring several of our world class talents such as Johnson and kulusevski

I was bursting with pride

In fact I had to take a moment to compose myself, I didn't want to burst into tears in public

I suspect the Enic out brigade won't understand but this is the kind of impact that Enic have had on this club

We'd never have snagged an endorsement with a leading confectionery brand under sugar (ironically) or scholar

The success from winning trophies is fleeting , it fades into a distant memory very quickly

BUT the joy and elation of seeing your club 's stars plastered all over a London bus stop is eternal

If you don't get that, you're not proper Spurs as far as I'm concerned

Up the Enic

COYS, Doomfunk

Last edited:
But has it?
Is there a cup for moving your average league position up a bit, but having little to show for it.
League runner up. Champions League Runner up. 3? League Cup runner up. Are those honours? Does history remember the team that came second?

Well I’ve already stated I would probably be happier if we won more. But we didn’t. I’m not losing any sleep over it.

Everything about the club is better than the 90s. I listed what I thought had improved. If you think WHL was better, training ground is useless and being more consistent is shit then fair enough. You’re welcome to your opinion.

I will just do a direct comparison of 23/24 to 93/94. As it easy to do.
We finished 15th. Lost 19 games. Didn’t make any finals.

When was the last time we finished 15th??
Lost 19 league games in a season.

So yes I think 2024 we are better now.

And even you’ve said top 4 should be a priority before anything else. The Top 4 dream has been ENICs goal for years now. It’s only relatively recently that levy has openly stated he wants to be winning trophies.
Conte and Mourinho were not the answer. Let’s hope Ange is. Born winner!! Or so I hear.

A shit load of Australians and 1 million+ Celtic fans can’t be wrong can they?
:ange-pray:

Back
Top Bottom