Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They knew his contract was running down and he was unlikely to re-sign so they had plenty of time to source a potential replacement.

You're excuses are becoming more pathetic by the day. Everyone sees through you now pal.

Yeah you're right, we should have gone for Haaland just in case Kane might not have signed a new contract.

The issue with Levy / ENIC always has been messing up the recruitment. We spent a lot of money on players like Bentley, Soldado, Sissoko, N'Dombele, Johnson. They aren't really what we needed as a priority and we could have gotten two better players for half the price. Meanwhile we sell all our good players like Berbatov, Walker, Modric, Bale, Kane.

When we sell our big players and make our signings they are shit in comparison with the clubs around us. That said, the ownership won't actually allow us to compete beyond 7th or 8th for players, so it is almost pointless. Even if we do get everything perfect recruitment wise, we can only win a trophy for one or two seasons. I would take this. It would be progress. Somewhere in-between Leicester, Liverpool, and Woolwich.

Is this "new system" the one where, the team passes the ball around a lot, getting it up around the opposition box, only to pass it all the way back.
We have seen how effective this is, at Newcastle recently we had,75% possession but lost 4-0, because we don't know how to defend or score.
Yes- the one where Johnson can’t ever beat a man and Son hasn’t the wherewithal to put a 19 year old CB to the sword. Then we lose on set pieces because we were too busy figuring out how not to score. Fucking great system that.

It’s something that never got enough scrutiny, neither from Spurs fans or the wider media.

I honestly cannot think of any club that would sell a player of the stature of Harry Kane and the only attacking players you bring in are Johnson and Solomon.

It’s completely and utterly unacceptable on every single level.

And before any moron chirps in with the “we used Kane’s sale to bring in the likes of VDV and Maddison” that’s complete and utter bollocks too.

Vicario, VDV and Maddison are signings we have needed for YEARS and should have been brought in with our without the sale of K

Well, Some say we replaced him with 'a system' . .:harrylol:
A system that generate a healthy bonus for its CEO

The issue with Levy / ENIC always has been messing up the recruitment. We spent a lot of money on players like Bentley, Soldado, Sissoko, N'Dombele, Johnson. They aren't really what we needed as a priority and we could have gotten two better players for half the price. Meanwhile we sell all our good players like Berbatov, Walker, Modric, Bale, Kane.

When we sell our big players and make our signings they are shit in comparison with the clubs around us. That said, the ownership won't actually allow us to compete beyond 7th or 8th for players, so it is almost pointless. Even if we do get everything perfect recruitment wise, we can only win a trophy for one or two seasons. I would take this. It would be progress. Somewhere in-between Leicester, Liverpool, and Woolwich.
Bald cunt can’t pay up and close deals when he doesn’t have leverage. Relegated clubs, skint clubs are the target for the speculative little vulture and where he thrives in the shadows

Whilst some of this is true can you not see the irony of complaining about recruitment and in the same sentence selling all our good players who were...also bought and nurtured under ENIC 😆

To be fair there are not many good forwards about these days but brennan johnson wasnt the answer. I said it seemed like a desperation signing but others think he was high on anges list.

Simplistic way to look at it. Club had been watching BJ for years.

Ange probably looked at the list we had and said that he also rated him.

Everyone is suffering from short-termism with Brennan. He’s shown PLENTY of promise. The negative crew are just clinging onto anything they can be down on. Don’t forget some of them made this kid THAT FUCKING PLAYS FOR US shut down his social media.

ENIC's only interest is the Balance Sheet. Winning trophies has never been a requirement.

I believe that this attitude percolates through to the manager and the players, I can find no other common denominator that runs through the club that destroys good managers and good teams, where we always fail when it matters.

Nothing will lift this malaise until ENIC leave, and yes I am mindful of what I wish for.

ENIC's only interest is the Balance Sheet. Winning trophies has never been a requirement.

I believe that this attitude percolates through to the manager and the players, I can find no other common denominator that runs through the club that destroys good managers and good teams, where we always fail when it matters.

Nothing will lift this malaise until ENIC leave, and yes I am mindful of what I wish for.
This is a great post. 👏......And correct me if I'm wrong, but you've been pretty much neutral on the subject up until fairly recently?

It's so damned obvious by now that anyone refusing to acknowledge it is doing so purely out of obstinance or some inward fear of admitting they've been so wrong, for so long on something they've dedicated so much time to defending.

I suppose it's understandable to a point. It takes a bit of courage to hold your hands up even if it is just an online forum.

This is a great post. 👏......And correct me if I'm wrong, but you've been pretty much neutral on the subject up until fairly recently?

It's so damned obvious by now that anyone refusing to acknowledge it is doing so purely out of obstinance or some inward fear of admitting they've been so wrong, for so long on something they've dedicated so much time to defending.

I suppose it's understandable to a point. It takes a bit of courage to hold your hands up even if it is just an online forum.
Incorrect.
Going to the fans protest at the ground tomorrow.
Maria - Remember your chant.
Me - What Chant?
Maria - What do we want?
Levy out!
When do we want it?
When the pubs open!
She doesn't feel our pain.
😀

Whilst some of this is true can you not see the irony of complaining about recruitment and in the same sentence selling all our good players who were...also bought and nurtured under ENIC 😆
No. There is a difference between buying players cheap and nurturing them, and buying expensive flops. There is a difference between having good recruitment under Pochettino at the start and then letting your key recruitment staff go to Liverpool and leapfrog you and never recover.

No. There is a difference between buying players cheap and nurturing them, and buying expensive flops. There is a difference between having good recruitment under Pochettino at the start and then letting your key recruitment staff go to Liverpool and leapfrog you and never recover.

Didn't make much sense but ok

Back
Top Bottom