Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Define love?

My emotions towards them aren't that strong either way.

I appreciate what they have done for our club since the 90s, under their stewardship I have got to watch some incredible players and football along with some shite players and football.

If we got bought tomorrow by a group that were committed to take us to the next level I would be very happy indeed, and I accept to compete that may very well be what we need.

But hate? I've experienced too much shit in my life to waste such a strong emotion of ENIC or Levy.

You want to hate them, go for it but I'm not in this for the pantomime.
I don't hate ENIC/Levy but I do see them as failures. Couple of good seasons with Redknapp and Poch but still won fuck all. One thing though when John Thomas John Thomas et al submit their posts on the matter here, I can't be honest and disagree with them at the same time.

I don't hate ENIC/Levy but I do see them as failures. Couple of good seasons with Redknapp and Poch but still won fuck all. One thing though when John Thomas John Thomas et al submit their posts on the matter here, I can't be honest and disagree with them at the same time.

They have failed at brining us trophies. That much is painfully obvious. But, in my opinion, our managers and players have failed us too. HR had a good enough team to beat Portsmouth, Poch had a good enough team to win a cup too.

Like so many things in life there is nuance. I don't hate them or feel the need to focus all of my frustrations at them everytime we lose.

If they said anything new or interesting it would at least be something to discuss or agree with, but I find it hard to agree or give kudos to what is essentially a repetitive boring tantrum.

John says Hi :thumbup:

I generally don't respond to your posts because I find them patronising, factually bullshit and apologetic nonsense, while posturing as some kind of neutral on the issue of our ownership., when you're blatantly anything but.

You have no backbone and I don't have any respect for you.

Shady, on the other hand, owns what he is (a die hard ENIC fan , a Levy fanatic and a loser happy to accept mediocrity) and deserves respect for his honesty.
I am totally neutral man. It’s just fair levy gives himself a half mil pay rise during a shambles of a season where he goes through 3 managers & we finish 8th. You can’t see how that’s well deserved & justice as you are not well balanced like me :ap:

I have a friend who recently suffered from a gambling addiction. Completely broke now. He still gets bombarded with ads every time he goes online.

The companies also tried tempting him back by offering him free bets. It’s sick and twisted man, basically preying on people’s addictions and it ends up ruining lives.

All the bullshit ‘gamble responsibly’ stuff can fuck off too. The companies don’t want you to do that. They want you to keep going till you lose.

It shouldn’t be on any shirts or billboards and it should be far more tightly regulated. We’ve seen a lot of footballers who have fallen in to the trap but apparently that hasn’t caused people to wake up .. probably because the industry is worth billions.
Same reason we all have to pretend people in the horse racing industry love the horses like their beloved pet. Despite posing for selfies sitting on dead ones & punching them.

I was definitely skeptical of Ange in the beginning. Appointing someone with no experience managing, coaching, or playing in the top leagues in football was/is very risky. The jury is still out for me, but I've enjoyed us playing on the front foot more often. I think he's earned a second season to show it will work. Hasn't shown himself to be the next step on from Poch, but he's shown he's not just another Nuno.

I don't know how much of it is other managers catching on and how much is just poor judgement from Ange. Starting with Betancur and Hojbjerg doesn't really fit the Angeball mold. After the injury crisis mid-season we never really got back to playing the way we began the season.

Definitely agree regarding the lower leagues. The National League finally got a streaming option sorted this season, which I subscribed to and enjoyed much more than most of the PL season.

Spurs need to prioritize the FA Cup and the EL next season. We won't, of course, but we should.
Yeah I agree on ange. Things should be clear at the of next season if he is the guy to take us forward or a bit out of his depth.
Yeah we didn’t recover at all from the injury crisis & it is worrying how we are finishing the season. Gone backwards.

National league streamed in USA. I like it. I guess Wrexham has helped a lot. More down to earth players & owners in those divisions . It can be a lot more entertaining & interesting than the premier league. A lot of the big matches in the EPL are usually very boring. I know it’s not possible but would be interesting if USA sports did relegation & promotion. Or to get around the franchise issue. just allow teams outside the main divisions to compete in a knockout cup competition like the fa cup.. Obviously it would need a lot of working out & may only work in some sports. I haven’t thought it through properly!

& yes we should go for a cup next season & take it more seriously. But another reason modern top level football is less likeable is that it’s far better to scrape 4th, than win a fa cup. All because of £££ again. Got rid of lower league teams earning more through replays too.

They have failed at brining us trophies. That much is painfully obvious.

Well, In the last 10 Years, only on 1 occasion has a domestic cup been won by a team outside of the established 'big clubs' - Chelsea(2), Woolwich(4), City(8) , United(3), Liverpool (3).

I'm not clear why everyone seems to beleive we are somehow entitled to win a cup.

7 Top 4 finishes in 20 years and people think that we are somehow one of the "Big Clubs" who should be winning trophies. A four season purple patch where we had prime Kane, Son, Vertonghen, Demebele, Alderwierld, Walker, Lloris

It's not easy to run a football club and be successful. But we are no longer the mid table dross of the 90s and 2000's.

Last 10 Years of FA Cup

Last 10 Years of league cup

My favourite kit all time was yellow Holsten.

Alcohol is not better morally than betting.

I’d probably draw the line at Boeing, Raytheon, Lockheed Martin but there isn’t much that we can say is morally low.

Visit Rwanda is pretty abhorrent because it’s very obviously a government money laundering scheme.

Alcohol sponsorship has been banned too hasn’t it.

As usual the PL isn’t really concerned with well-being and is half arsing any rules.

Well, In the last 10 Years, only on 1 occasion has a domestic cup been won by a team outside of the established 'big clubs' - Chelsea(2), Woolwich(4), City(8) , United(3), Liverpool (3).

I'm not clear why everyone seems to beleive we are somehow entitled to win a cup.

7 Top 4 finishes in 20 years and people think that we are somehow one of the "Big Clubs" who should be winning trophies. A four season purple patch where we had prime Kane, Son, Vertonghen, Demebele, Alderwierld, Walker, Lloris

It's not easy to run a football club and be successful. But we are no longer the mid table dross of the 90s and 2000's.

Last 10 Years of FA Cup

But we ARE an established Big Club. That's the fucking point! :thumbdown:

We have the fan base, we have the wealth, we have the history. That's why we are uniformly regarded as one of the Big 6, and prior to ENIC, one of the BIG 5
That's why we were one of the "Gang of 6" that tried to break away for financial gain

But.. .We are the established big club that doesn't win anything which is why we are the butt of so many jokes across the wider football community.

Hell, man. When Daniel Levy became chairman, we were joint RECORD WINNERS of the FA Cup. We haven't even seen a final since!

Last edited:

Last 10 Years of FA Cup

Cook

Why the need to push someone in a bracket? You guys act like you have to be on one side or the other, it's hilarious man.

You know you're allowed to be objective as a human being in 2024, I know we're in this black and white era where you must nail your colours to a mast but believe it or not maybe just maybe someone may hold more than 1 school of thought

The horror 😱
Enic lover

Like so many things in life there is nuance. I don't hate them or feel the need to focus all of my frustrations at them everytime we lose.

If they said anything new or interesting it would at least be something to discuss or agree with, but I find it hard to agree or give kudos to what is essentially a repetitive boring tantrum.
Since we won a competetion the time is forever growing, with Daniel awarding himself a pay rise.
Ticket prices through the roof. Etc. Not getting a decent CF when Kane left.

Am I having a tantrum now then?

We have the fan base, we have the wealth, we have the history. That's why we are uniformly regarded as one of the Big 6, and prior to ENIC, one of the BIG 5
That's why we were one of the "Gang of 6" that tried to break away for financial gain

But.. .We are the established big club that doesn't win anything which is why we are the butt of so many jokes across the wider football community.

Hell, man. When Daniel Levy became chairman, we were joint RECORD WINNERS of the FA Cup. We haven't even seen a final since!
It’s sad many of the enic/levy fans think we should be grateful watching on at Woolwich & Chelsea winning trophies. Levy/enic really have beaten down many fans. I think we all are guilty of this a bit which is why we celebrate average signings like Werner on loan & set our sights on very average players. Then over rate our transfer business every window. Levy/enic has turned us in to a fan balance grateful for no trophies & average signings . Genius fake guru type work right there. Despite the sky high prices & how much he pays himself. As many have said. If we were a smaller club charging smaller club prices then fair enough. But we aren’t.,

In the prem league era there was no such thing as a big 5 until.we started getting into the CL. It was big 4 before that.

Since we won a competetion the time is forever growing, with Daniel awarding himself a pay rise.
Ticket prices through the roof. Etc. Not getting a decent CF when Kane left.

Am I having a tantrum now then?

I apologise mate, I wasn't trying to insinuate that you specifically were.

These are fair grumbles and people are understandably frustrated.

But I just don't hate them

We were part of the "BIG FIVE" that FOUNDED the Premier League!!

Foundation of the Premier League - Wikipedia

Sure in name yes, us and Everton were part of the 'Big 5' due to our footballing heritage.

But come on man, in terms of our footballing status at the start of the 90s?

10th, 15th, 8th, 15th, 7th, 8th, 10th, 14th, 11th.

That was our 90s finishes.

We were not in Sky's big 4. We could barely finish in the top half of the table. Compared to now we were complete and utter shite.

Back
Top Bottom