Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Which posts in particular has made you come to this conclusion then? :gallashmm:
Well in the last couple of hours you've been in this thread labelling his critics as Twats, Simpletons, and Cunts etc. so it's the only logical conclusion I can reach, I'm afraid.
You're anger and bitterness is entirely directed at those who think our club deserves better

Well in the last couple of hours you've been in this thread labelling his critics as Twats, Simpletons, and Cunts etc. so it's the only logical conclusion I can reach, I'm afraid.
You're anger and bitterness is entirely directed at those who think our club deserves better

I labelled you a clown for tagging me and calling me into this thread

I called you a simpleton for not understanding that words on an internet forum are different than actual real life actions.

I called you lot a bunch of twats mainly you for your fake online protests and false bravado and your usual tedium when we lose a match but you should be used to that anyway.

But this is what you wanted because you baited me into this thread so...🤷‍♂️

So which posts have I responded to where you're attacking the board that you seemingly think I'm angry at the criticism more than the actual loss?

Don't disagree, but he's also not the majority owner. He almost surely has to meet financial targets Lewis sets. His ego and attachment of the club is likely what keeps him coming back - most "successful" convince themselves that without them the operation will fall apart. Probably considers himself Tottenham's best chance at hitting a difficult target.
Agree - I want him removed as CEO by the majority shareholders. He’s a weapon

I wouldn't actually include you in that

Apologies
He's a decent guy. Misguided over his support of ENIC (in my opinion) but sound nevertheless.
FOK FOK , Don't take it too personally, mate. If we'd won today I guarantee I'd have had loads of cunts tagging me with insults and slurs even though I would have been as thrilled as anyone with the result.

He's a decent guy. Misguided over his support of ENIC (in my opinion) but sound nevertheless.
FOK FOK , Don't take it too personally, mate. If we'd won today I guarantee I'd have had loads of cunts tagging me with insults and slurs even though I would have been as thrilled as anyone with the result.
I think we all hurt with defeats. I certainly get defensive. Probably better from my POV to step away for a few hours but Spurs consume me, and my weekend. Losing is horrible.

This place can be awful I guess I use it for therapy but understandably some want to vent, I've no right to police the posts of others, not my intention to do so.

Don't enjoy being name dropped personally just after such a shitty feeling of a defeat to them

I honestly don't care who owns the club. I don't want it to be some oil nation who use us as just another domino to fall in the destruction of the sport. I would not follow the club if it turned into another Citeh, I truly mean that.

We could possibly benefit from a change in leadership, we could possibly suffer for it. Like everything else, it's more complicated than it seems like from the outside. FSG were very unpopular until they managed to get over the top. Boehly spent a ton of money and hired Poch, and was practically getting praise on this forum last summer - now he's a source of much humour. The Kroenke's have been derided by their own shareholders/supporters for years, and have been the source of plenty of laughs here as well.

If someone like the Reuben brothers wanted to buy Spurs and take a crack at it, I'd be happy to see something different. But it could very easily go terribly wrong.

FWIW, I don't believe Levy will ever leave. Whether he's shit at being a chairman and too fiscally conservative to win trophies, I don't doubt that he's very attached to the club at this point. I've said many times that if ENIC sells I fully expect it to be to a Levy led consortium with Levy buying out Joe's majority stake. Tottenham has been his life's work at this point, and I doubt he walks away from that unless someone bowls him over with an offer that wildly overvalued the club. It's just an investment to Joe, but it's more than that to Levy.
Fair enough. Yeah, I don’t see levy going anytime soon. It’s important to him, where as Lewis didn’t seem very interested. & who wouldn’t want a job where you can have a terrible year & still give yourself a pay rise! I am very jealous.
& from memory you weren’t in favour of ange being appointed? Maybe I am simplifying it too much, but it seems like he surprised opposing managers earlier on in the season, but now they have already worked him out.
I get what you are saying about other owners but I think with clubs like us or bigger, they can be shit but still will be mostly around mid table. So whilst us getting 5th is better. It’s not hugely significant to me anymore. Chelsea were a joke but at the end of the day nearly won a trophy & will end up 10th probably. We both will end up having forgettable seasons. I think their owners are crap but I still see them as more likely to win a trophy than us which tells you a lot.

Forget city owners, this sport (most other sports now) have sold their soul & become more about £££ & branding etc than an actual sport. Football is a lot less likeable these days. Earlier I watched highlights of the lower leagues & the promotion & relegation fight going on. It’s looks far more appealing & relatable. Just a muddy pitch with a few thousand locals watching on.

Fair enough. Yeah, I don’t see levy going anytime soon. It’s important to him, where as Lewis didn’t seem very interested. & who wouldn’t want a job where you can have a terrible year & still give yourself a pay rise! I am very jealous.
& from memory you weren’t in favour of ange being appointed? Maybe I am simplifying it too much, but it seems like he surprised opposing managers earlier on in the season, but now they have already worked him out.
I get what you are saying about other owners but I think with clubs like us or bigger, they can be shit but still will be mostly around mid table. So whilst us getting 5th is better. It’s not hugely significant to me anymore. Chelsea were a joke but at the end of the day nearly won a trophy & will end up 10th probably. We both will end up having forgettable seasons. I think their owners are crap but I still see them as more likely to win a trophy than us which tells you a lot.

Forget city owners, this sport (most other sports now) have sold their soul & become more about £££ & branding etc than an actual sport. Football is a lot less likeable these days. Earlier I watched highlights of the lower leagues & the promotion & relegation fight going on. It’s looks far more appealing & relatable. Just a muddy pitch with a few thousand locals watching on.
I was definitely skeptical of Ange in the beginning. Appointing someone with no experience managing, coaching, or playing in the top leagues in football was/is very risky. The jury is still out for me, but I've enjoyed us playing on the front foot more often. I think he's earned a second season to show it will work. Hasn't shown himself to be the next step on from Poch, but he's shown he's not just another Nuno.

I don't know how much of it is other managers catching on and how much is just poor judgement from Ange. Starting with Betancur and Hojbjerg doesn't really fit the Angeball mold. After the injury crisis mid-season we never really got back to playing the way we began the season.

Definitely agree regarding the lower leagues. The National League finally got a streaming option sorted this season, which I subscribed to and enjoyed much more than most of the PL season.

Spurs need to prioritize the FA Cup and the EL next season. We won't, of course, but we should.

Back
Top Bottom