***** Leeds United v Spursingham Hotshots -Sunday 28th of Hell ,16:30 *******

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you like pina coladas ?

• Scrabble > monopoly

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • Argon inert gas

Votes: 39 54.2%
  • Hell yes

Votes: 22 30.6%

• Total voters
Hi Spurs fans

I'm getting the vibe that most fans are pleased to avoid the Conference League for next season.
It was a great atmosphere at Villa Park yesterday and highly fought win against a very, very good Brighton side and everybody was over the moon when the final whistle went.

From our perspective, we are happy with any European football to be honest. Especially after being out of European competitions for over a decade, including the 3 years in the Championship and numerous relegation battles before we finally went down. It feels like a huge step forward.

Realistically, we can't expect Spurs or Chelsea to finish below us next season, so when the opportunity arose, we had to seize it. I just hope that the League form doesn't suffer.

Have a great Summer all and see you next season.

Cheers Villan, I am from the West Midlands and am supposed to support Villa. My late brother was a Villa fan, and his sons (one of whom is a football journalist) support Villa. For some daft reason I became a Spurs fan at a young age. I have been told by my football fan friends (none of whom follow Spurs) that it is strictly forbidden to change teams after the age of ten. This is the way. Thus I may be stuck with the mighty Beyonce Enormodromers for good.

But this season I have enjoyed the rise of Villa even more than I have enjoyed Brighton. One of the most fun games that I have ever been to was the early 90s 3-4 Spurs-Villa clash at WHL. My brother and I watched the game together and drank many pints afterwards.

Good luck in Europe!

Cheers Villan, I am from the West Midlands and am supposed to support Villa. My late brother was a Villa fan, and his sons (one of whom is a football journalist) support Villa. For some daft reason I became a Spurs fan at a young age. I have been told by my football fan friends (none of whom follow Spurs) that it is strictly forbidden to change teams after the age of ten. This is the way. Thus I may be stuck with the mighty Beyonce Enormodromers for good.

But this season I have enjoyed the rise of Villa even more than I have enjoyed Brighton. One of the most fun games that I have ever been to was the early 90s 3-4 Spurs-Villa clash at WHL. My brother and I watched the game together and drank many pints afterwards.

Good luck in Europe!
Yes, I remember the 4-3 game. Ron Atkinson had just been sacked and the Spurs game was just before Brian Little was appointed. We managed to throw away a 3-0 lead but got a last minute winner.

Spurs have played a major part in my Villa supporting life.

My Dad took me to Villa Park for my first ever game in October 1975 where Spurs were the opposition. We had a young striker making his home league debut that day by the name of Andy Gray who scored our goal in front of the Holte End and soon became my hero. Unfortunately, John Pratt ruined my day and it ended 1-1.

Spurs also the opposition on my first visit to Wembley to watch Villa in the 1981 Charity Shield where we drew again.

Hi Spurs fans

I'm getting the vibe that most fans are pleased to avoid the Conference League for next season.
It was a great atmosphere at Villa Park yesterday and highly fought win against a very, very good Brighton side and everybody was over the moon when the final whistle went.

From our perspective, we are happy with any European football to be honest. Especially after being out of European competitions for over a decade, including the 3 years in the Championship and numerous relegation battles before we finally went down. It feels like a huge step forward.

Realistically, we can't expect Spurs or Chelsea to finish below us next season, so when the opportunity arose, we had to seize it. I just hope that the League form doesn't suffer.

Have a great Summer all and see you next season.

My first ever visit to white hart lane was April 77 against villa so always had a soft spot for villa - though living about a mile from villa park may have diluted that sympathy !

Good luck on your European adventure with emery in charge you should be favourites to win it - after the champions lge the conference does feel a bit of a come down but I would have preferred it to no European football at all.

Yes, I remember the 4-3 game. Ron Atkinson had just been sacked and the Spurs game was just before Brian Little was appointed. We managed to throw away a 3-0 lead but got a last minute winner.

Spurs have played a major part in my Villa supporting life.

My Dad took me to Villa Park for my first ever game in October 1975 where Spurs were the opposition. We had a young striker making his home league debut that day by the name of Andy Gray who scored our goal in front of the Holte End and soon became my hero. Unfortunately, John Pratt ruined my day and it ended 1-1.

Spurs also the opposition on my first visit to Wembley to watch Villa in the 1981 Charity Shield where we drew again.

Gerry Francis had just taken over at Spurs. Sheringham and Klinsmann were playing. It was a great afternoon of footy.

My first ever visit to white hart lane was April 77 against villa so always had a soft spot for villa - though living about a mile from villa park may have diluted that sympathy !

Good luck on your European adventure with emery in charge you should be favourites to win it - after the champions lge the conference does feel a bit of a come down but I would have preferred it to no European football at all.
Thanks for the kind words brumspur.

Yes, would be great to go for it next season and hoping that we can play some big clubs rather than some unknown Latvian team ! If West Ham can make the final, there's no reason why we can't.

Back
Top Bottom