Least favourite seasons

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just wondered if anyone has enjoyed a season less than this one?

Before anyone accuses me of being the spoilt, Champions league or nothing type supporter, I've been a fan since about 2000, and we were proper shite until around 2005 and I enjoyed those seasons much more than this.

For me a number of things have made this season my worst ever: A general feeling that football as we know it is dying/dead, the Lane becoming quieter and quieter, the Stubhub and Yid fiascos, a popular manager failing and being taken over by a twat, not particularly feeling any affection towards any player other than maybe Sandro and Dawson, losing spectacularly in London derbys even to bloody West Ham etc etc.

I just have felt nothing towards the club this season, and didn't even particularly give a shite during our heavy beatings, which is really worrying.

Anyone experienced a worse season than this?

I suppose for me its all you mention but its also the trajectory we are on. 2-3 years ago we where playing Champions League football, we were exciting to watch, we were hard to beat, the Lane was rocking. All those years previous when we where shit you just got used to it, but to see us rise up to level with Woolwich and look as though we where going to over take them then fall back by the way side is so deflating. This season every big team has spanked us, our multi million pound players have shown no bottle (irrespective of manager) when it has mattered, we have a great sqaud on paper but shit on the pitch.

Whether its Levy's ego, the lose of Bale, the players moans (Verts I am looking at you), the managers struggles, the media's bullshit, the club's treatment of fans such as stubhub its been a season to forget. We really need a statement from Levy during the summer that the stadium will definatley be built by 2017, we won't be going to Milton Keynes in the mean time, that LvG will be our new manager and that LvG will have the final say on ALL transfers.

...football as we know it is dying/dead, the Lane becoming quieter and quieter...

This is the part that guts me. I think I preferred it when we were mid-table every year. At least it was always a laugh. Points were a bonus. Now I'm just really weary of listening to fans shouting "you useless cunt" at players, as if it's goingto motivate them.

This is the part that guts me. I think I preferred it when we were mid-table every year. At least it was always a laugh. Points were a bonus. Now I'm just really weary of listening to fans shouting "you useless cunt" at players, as if it's goingto motivate them.

It's a variety of factors.

Some of the camera shots from Sky TV on our fans last night were embarrasing. Like a middle-class family friendly Rugby day out.

People say they no longer feel a connection with the club, I don't even feel a connection with the people that are around me in the stands unless I am in the PL or south side of the Shelf.

Some of the camera shots from Sky TV on our fans last night were embarrasing. Like a middle-class family friendly Rugby day out.

People say they no longer feel a connection with the club, I don't even feel a connection with the people that are around me in the stands unless I am in the PL or south side of the Shelf.

Totally agree. I was in 44 in the PL Upper last night. I thought i was in a parallel universe where the WI had set up camp there. There was me & another 1882er doing our best to try & get things going but fuck me it it was hard work & not particularly successful.
The Sky/iPad generation............ a blight on football.

also seen some absolute fucking dross through the late 70's when the core support was an average home gate of around 21K!. players like mark fat cunt kendall in goal & georgio who mazzon gracing the turf at the lane.

fuck me.. in the context of thfc over the last 15/20 years or so finishing 6th or above in the league is way above what we've accomplished!...
think at the start of the season to many people got over excited & started wetting themselves in public thinking we'd suddenly become real Madrid & had the right to swan about as we'd finally arrived at the top table.
also think the ease with which people are able bitch/complain publicly these days makes the season much worse than it has been...at least back then if the football was shite you could make your own entertainment :sneaky: :D, heard of a bloke who got thrown out last night for swearing!.. stewards had him camera'd up previously & when he swore last night he was ejected.... we still have the chance of a Europa place!!!...some of you will cry like fuck if we do qualify believing it will not help our cause
of this fucking eutopian top 4 bollocks & entry into the make up the numbers" champions" league the season after !!... it bemuse's me!..
sorry to say but the support has changed!.. even in the dark days with the lane half empty the support was better than it is now, maybe because we didn't expect to much & when success did come along it made it more special.
personally wouldn't mind a if we were shite for a couple of seasons if real solid foundations where put in place for us to then be in a serious state to challenge the best in our league long term, but I don't think i'll get that while Daniel levy /enic & there ever present policy of selling our best players is in place.

Last edited:

I was in the PL lower. That's the extra gutting part.

The Sugar years. all of them. he may of saved us from Scholar's financial folly, but I'm certain his plan was to finish mid table every year, simply because that way he wouldn't have to pay money on hotels around Europe.
He had the same ambition as Southampton and Newcastle and the like. Just stay away from the relegation side of things

The Sugar years. all of them. he may of saved us from Scholar's financial folly, but I'm certain his plan was to finish mid table every year, simply because that way he wouldn't have to pay money on hotels around Europe.
He had the same ambition as Southampton and Newcastle and the like. Just stay away from the relegation side of things

But to some of the speds around, Sugar was better than greedy Levy.

:llorishuh:

I think it has hit a crescendo for me. The monetisation of football. The waste of £100m on a seemingly random set of players. AVBs boring anti-football. Tim's inexplicable use of AVBs high line against top 4 sides. The bitching and sniping from within the club. The media making us out to be racists. Our club not defending us... I'm pretty bored with it all.

I think of all the thoroughly average seasons of the 90s and 00s and can't help but think to myself... They weren't half fun though. It's all just a bit too predictable and boring now.

The only thing that rescues this season in any way for me is seeing so many academy players given a chance. With all the bullshit and money and lies in football at the moment, it's lovely to see a group of our lads getting a proper chance.

I think it has hit a crescendo for me. The monetisation of football. The waste of £100m on a seemingly random set of players. AVBs boring anti-football. Tim's inexplicable use of AVBs high line against top 4 sides. The bitching and sniping from within the club. The media making us out to be racists. Our club not defending us... I'm pretty bored with it all.

I think of all the thoroughly average seasons of the 90s and 00s and can't help but think to myself... They weren't half fun though. It's all just a bit too predictable and boring now.

The only thing that rescues this season in any way for me is seeing so many academy players given a chance. With all the bullshit and money and lies in football at the moment, it's lovely to see a group of our lads getting a proper chance.

Bang on.

Rasiak, the greatest striker of the modern age, second only to Bendtner... According to themselves that is.
I don't remember him ever bigging himself up, did he do that?
He always looked lost, he was an average 2 nd tier player who got his lucky break, and blew it.
Mido was proper pony

I don't remember him ever bigging himself up, did he do that?
He always looked lost, he was an average 2 nd tier player who got his lucky break, and blew it.
Mido was proper pony
Yeah, I could have almost forgiven him for being complete toilet if it wasn't for that haircut and then saying he was one of the Premiership's best strikers in response to criticism for trying too many tricks in one game. Can't remember who against now but suffice to say nothing came off.

Mido was proper pony
But every one of us thought we'd signed Ronaldo in his first game for us when he took that cross field ball still about a metre in the air on the inside of his heel and put it straight across Defoe.

I remember Defoe's face was a picture... "The fuck bro? We don't play them mad skills here you know".

Yeah, I could have almost forgiven him for being complete toilet if it wasn't for that haircut and then saying he was one of the Premiership's best strikers in response to criticism for trying too many tricks in one game. Can't remember who against now but suffice to say nothing came off.
must have missed that
still - he looked good on youtube!

But every one of us thought we'd signed Ronaldo in his first game for us when he took that cross field ball still about a metre in the air on the inside of his heel and put it straight across Defoe.

I remember Defoe's face was a picture... "The fuck bro? We don't play them mad skills here you know".

Scored 2 on debut vs Pompey....I thought we had hit gold :(

Back
Top Bottom