Lack Of Depth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

ArcspacE

ENIC OUT NOW !!! ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
This point was raised in the OMT already but I felt it could warrant further discussion

In short - I believe our bench is extremely thin in terms of real quality. We have virtually no game-changers we could possibly bring on. Rodgers was offered this luxury tonight (albeit even modestly so) an in this case paid off - of course we should have never conceded 2 of the 3 goals but our changed were passive at best and detrimental to the overall game-plan. Possibly part of the reason neither Mason or Bentaleb could be rested after Saturday-

Many Levy apologists criticised those who expressed concern with our (chronic) stubborn impotence in the Transfer market last month but relying on Kane and Eriksen to bail us out every game is myopic to say the least. Hopefully the likes of Lamela, Stambouli and Soldado hit a rich vein of form. COYS

I just posted something about this in the match thread. Our subs are terrible bar Chadli, Fazio, and Davies. Paulinho is terrible. Really really really bad. Soldado isn't the answer anymore and I've given up. I don't blame Levy though. Even though we're close this season I'd rather take the time to identify the right players and go all out for next season than get the wrong one because he's available in January. Now if we don't sign anybody this summer or get a bargain price player other than ings I'll be livid.

It showed that with Mason tired tonight and the rest of the first eleven a bit "leggy" around the hour mark, we do lack a bit of depth. played well tonight and were really only undone because we couldn't get close enough to stop the cross. We will still have plenty to say before the end of the season but I do agree that we look a little thin on the bench, mainly (and obviously) up front.

Can't expect to sell/buy multiple names in January and keep momentum going. Beyond buying a striker there wasn't much more that could have been done in January without it ending up being a QPR style transfer dealing mess.

Mate, we keep saying the same shit every season and nothing ever changes. The investment just isn't there, we are waiting to magically force our way into the CL and then maybe start spending a bit or for another Bale to spring out of the ground so we can sell and spunk that money away too.

I think Townsend or Chadli should have come on rather than Paulinho, moving Dembele alongside Bentaleb. Soldado only came on because it went 3-2. Thought Paulinho was ok against WBA but he doesn't do enough and we lost some impetus when he came on. Ship out in the summer should we get any takers.

Now do some of you get why it was a bad idea to let siggy go. Would of been that sub to give us that quite random goal. And we still have paulinho. Real sad, but need to move on.

Everytime I look at Soldado, Lamela and Paulinho, I just want to cry at the thought of how much better that money could have been invested; we could have bought a decent fucking left-back for one thing or a deep sitting midfielder who can pass the ball forward with some purpose and accuracy. And I still don't know why we sold Siggurdson.

Mason for Paulinho or Mason get a red? :paulinhowtf:

I'd probably take the red and 1 game ban for Mason, thats how bad Paulinho is!
Absolutely cannot stand him as a player. Maybe I'm being unfair to him but I'm so tired of everything he does. Can't pass, can't shoot, can't tackle, doesn't work hard, dribblied by too often, doesn't track back enough, poor finisher anywhere further than 6 yards out. I guess he can pop up in the box sometimes and score but that means fuck all because he can't do anything else right. I don't know why he is still here to be honest. Wow that is harsh but I don't even feel that bad about saying it.

Everytime I look at Soldado, Lamela and Paulinho, I just want to cry at the thought of how much better that money could have been invested; we could have bought a decent fucking left-back for one thing or a deep sitting midfielder who can pass the ball forward with some purpose and accuracy. And I still don't know why we sold Siggurdson.
Lamela played pretty well today I thought but Soldado and Pauli are just so disappointing. I wish we still had Siggy too.

Absolutely cannot stand him as a player. Maybe I'm being unfair to him I'm so tired of everything he does. Can't pass, can't shoot, can't tackle, doesn't work hard, dribblied by too often, doesn't track back enough, poor finisher anywhere further than 6 yards out. I guess he can pop up in the box sometimes and score but that means fuck all because he can't do anything else right. I don't know why he is still here to be honest. Wow that is harsh but I don't even feel that bad about saying it.
Agree 100%. I really didn't notice him at all after coming on. Fresh legs in a game after both sides had played 3 days earlier and he did a Jenas and disappeared! I'd rather a player who tries and fucks up like Rose than does nothing at all like him. We got absolutely dudded watching that poxy confederations cup and that stupid south american champions league thing (doubt Baldini even watched him in that)

Lamela played pretty well today I thought but Soldado and Pauli are just so disappointing. I wish we still had Siggy too.
''Pretty well'' is still a fucking depressing state of affairs for that kind of money for a club with our budget. He needs to be winning a few games for us but instead we are just happy to see him not fucking up.

This point was raised in the OMT already but I felt it could warrant further discussion

In short - I believe our bench is extremely thin in terms of real quality. We have virtually no game-changers we could possibly bring on. Rodgers was offered this luxury tonight (albeit even modestly so) an in this case paid off - of course we should have never conceded 2 of the 3 goals but our changed were passive at best and detrimental to the overall game-plan. Possibly part of the reason neither Mason or Bentaleb could be rested after Saturday-

Many Levy apologists criticised those who expressed concern with our (chronic) stubborn impotence in the Transfer market last month but relying on Kane and Eriksen to bail us out every game is myopic to say the least. Hopefully the likes of Lamela, Stambouli and Soldado hit a rich vein of form. COYS

Yep but it's the model, zero net spend and all that, for the rest of the season we have to keep basically everyone fit particularly Kane. Players looked tired tonigh and all we had was Bobby and paulinho to come on, we will never do well in the league with out lack of depth, suppose we should give everything for the carling cup and EL instead.

Agree 100%. I really didn't notice him at all after coming on. Fresh legs in a game after both sides had played 3 days earlier and he did a Jenas and disappeared! I'd rather a player who tries and fucks up like Rose than does nothing at all like him. We got absolutely dudded watching that poxy confederations cup and that stupid south american champions league thing (doubt Baldini even watched him in that)
Agree completely. Rose was terrible but he tried and looked tired. He's been good this season and everyone has bad games. Now Paulinho, he is just scared. I forgot to add terrible mentality to my list of problems with him. I can't remember who said it but somebody said Pauli was gonna turn into the Brazillian Jenas once he came he and he absolutely did. I'd take Jenas over him to be honest though.

Back
Top Bottom