Just be proud

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good article.
We are punching about on a par with our weight. I always want to win the league, or be top four but I won't punish, or undermine our owners or players for failing to achieve that.

In my opinion, the instant gratification fan will only become more and more common as the atmosphere suffers. Not sure why some clubs would want to rid that element.

Good article. We're about the the 6th biggest club in the country, and we're 6th, about where you'd expect. We've picked up a bit since Tim came in, maybe he'll get us to 5th next season, though more importantly I want a trophy. That's been our big let down under ENIC, one Lge Cup in 13 years. Not good enough.

It's worth noting that many Everton, Villa and Toon fans (and 'neutrals') would claim they're bigger than us (trust me I've had the 'debates' in life and cyberspace). So if that's true, we're actually overachieving as we've outperformed all of them in the Prem era and the last 5 years, to bring us up to date.

I've been proud to follow Spurs for over 50 years and was delighted to wear my Spurs shirt (an understated one BTW with a tasteful cockerel, I don't do replica shirts) down the pub after we beat the Kings of anti-football, Stoke, on Saturday.

Unfortunately the internet has highlighted the fact that many Spurs fans get on my nerves, but going to the Lane does that likewise. Still I am a grumpy old git, so where's the surprise there. Life gets on my nerves quite frequently these days after all :)

Good article. We're about the the 6th biggest club in the country, and we're 6th, about where you'd expect. We've picked up a bit since Tim came in, maybe he'll get us to 5th next season, though more importantly I want a trophy. That's been our big let down under ENIC, one Lge Cup in 13 years. Not good enough.

It's worth noting that many Everton, Villa and Toon fans (and 'neutrals') would claim they're bigger than us (trust me I've had the 'debates' in life and cyberspace). So if that's true, we're actually overachieving as we've outperformed all of them in the Prem era and the last 5 years, to bring us up to date.

I've been proud to follow Spurs for over 50 years and was delighted to wear my Spurs shirt (an understated one BTW with a tasteful cockerel, I don't do replica shirts) down the pub after we beat the Kings of anti-football, Stoke, on Saturday.

Unfortunately the internet has highlighted the fact that many Spurs fans get on my nerves, but going to the Lane does that likewise. Still I am a grumpy old git, so where's the surprise there. Life gets on my nerves quite frequently these days after all :)

You are a stubborn bastard aren't you :p.

If we get De Boer everyone on the forum will be celebrating and you'll be sitting in the imaginary corner of cyber space mumbling about Sherwood :sherwoodlol:. I do get where you're coming from though and it's nice there's at least one person you can rely on to stick up for the staff + players on our team.

Fair comments Spartan. The first thing I look at is results, and so ATM Tim keeps the job for me.
Yes, I try to stick up for our players and staff, especailly the 'underdogs' like Daws and Tim, and previously Stalteri, Y P Lee, Jenas, Armstrong, Doherty and many another unfairly targeted Spurs player.

And yes I am a stubborn bastard :thumbup:

Fair comments Spartan. The first thing I look at is results, and so ATM Tim keeps the job for me.
Yes, I try to stick up for our players and staff, especailly the 'underdogs' like Daws and Tim, and previously Stalteri, Y P Lee, Jenas, Armstrong, Doherty and many another unfairly targeted Spurs player.

And yes I am a stubborn bastard :thumbup:

Hello Greavsie! Trouble is basically now the league at the moment is split in 2, the top 7 and the rest, if we had a trained chimp in charge it would be very difficult to finish below Southampton with our squad, I mean win a free kick eriksen plays in an unstoppable ball = goal against a weak defence, doesnt need a rocket scientist

I mean theres a clown in charge of Barca this season they will still finish 3rd as the squad can pull them through with talent and experience

Tim has done a good job, as good as AVB has done this season, got those results we just need now to find that someone who has the experience to beat the good teams, you must have seen that stuck in the stands he looks out of his depth against the top teams and looks comfy against the worst teams, he may end up a top manager, just has a lot to learn.

Backing the underdog is nice when it is in the case of a Dawson who I have always sided with you on, aside from 3 teams with extremely quick forwards he is fine against the rest and a great player for us as proved at weekend.

You dont need to back every underdog though, lets back some winners too, as Bale, Modric are the ones who will win us games and titles

Heres to next season!!

Good post Mensa.

BTW I backed Bale big time, and was/am unhappy with those who didn't, see the current Bale thread for example.

Yes, I can overdo it on the underdogs, I do like an argument a bit too much at times :)

Though I try not to be a WUM or troll, as I've often been accused of in cyberspace over the years. In real life the insults tend to be more basic, mind you have I met some WUMs in 3-D. One of my locals was stuffed full of them, it was one of the main pub pastimes there.

Re Timbo, we'll see what happens. IF we win our last two games then I'll be upset if he's sacked, if we lose to West Ham, unless it's a 'ref robbery', then yes, it's time for him to go

Back
Top Bottom