Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And what happens if we win?
We get a cup to put in our very empty trophy cupboard! Ideally, for me, we get rid of Mourinho either way. I've explained my conflicting emotions regarding this elsewhere. This is where he has brought me to. Never before have I felt so miserable in supporting this club and I went through the relegation season.

I want Jose out, but the only thing that concerns me is that if a new manager comes in all the dead players we have are given yet another chance and the board won't invest. The rotten players will put an effort in for 6 months and then the vicious cycle will repeat.

I want to see some fucking real investment into the squad and the deadwood shipped out much more than I want Jose gone. Just fed up with ENIC treading water and settling for the 'oh, he'll do' approach when it comes to the players.

I want Jose out, but the only thing that concerns me is that if a new manager comes in all the dead players we have are given yet another chance and the board won't invest. The rotten players will put an effort in for 6 months and then the vicious cycle will repeat.

I want to see some fucking real investment into the squad and the deadwood shipped out much more than I want Jose gone. Just fed up with ENIC treading water and settling for the 'oh, he'll do' approach when it comes to the players.
Not sure on the investment but i don't see too many players getting a reprieve. Bale and Vinicius won't be renewed, Rose out of contract, already some strong links with Lamela, Sanchez and Aurier and clubs already lined up for Foyth and Carter-Vickers. Add Sissoko in and its a great start. Not saying i would but I reckon Alli and maybe Winks may get a chance to prove themselves pre season.

True but I think there is more to it than that. We failed to invest mostly during the Poch era and the squad declined (the stadium was probably the cause but ENIC refused to admit it). When we finally did start spending money and got Ndombele and Lo Celso it was too late and they both came injured.

Skipp forward to last summer and we did invest for the first time in a long while in Rodon, Bale, Hojbjerg, Regulion, Vinnie, Hart and Doherty, at least 4 of these are very good players

However the squad itself is bloated and lacking identity. And we got a manager past it and totally unsuited to the players at his disposal. Even with investment unless we structure the club with a DoF with a clear vision we will always be square peg round hole.

We are stuck with Levy. However sacking Jose and spending money won’t fix the issue. Spending money with a DoF in charge with a clear plan of the philosophy, scouting and general vision is just as important. Levy needs to be taken off the football side of Tottenham. His managerial choices alone excepting 3 (Jol, Redknapp and Poch) have been shit.

I don't see how us winning a one off final in a secondary cup competition would help him keep his job. It wouldn't make up for relegation form in the league or going out of the Europa against Zagreb. If we win the final it'll have more to do with City having one eye on the CL tie with PSG.
Levy looking for a way to save money on a payout.

Let's be honest here. Spurs thought they were signing Mourinho's success, instead we got some of the coaching staff from Lille.

Without his winning coaching team behind him, Mourinho is simply a ineffectual manager blaming his staff.

A bit like the comedian Jerry Sadowitz going on stage at Just For Laughs in Canada and opening with “good evening moose fuckers”.
I saw Jerry Sadowitz at the Comedy Store way back, before he reinvented himself with his anarchic magic show. He was getting heckled by some pissed up woman, and as I was waiting for a brutal, but witty putdown, he jumped off the stage, walked up to her table, and gobbed in her face.

Those midnight shows were edgy.

Then why did they crumble ? The players dissatisfaction of mourinho treatment to eva was the reason they stop playing for him.

Such a huge and nonsense reaction from players just because a mere physio got sacked.

means they have special relationship with her which goes back to that my guess about sucking cocks stuff
Oh please!!

I saw Jerry Sadowitz at the Comedy Store way back, before he reinvented himself with his anarchic magic show. He was getting heckled by some pissed up woman, and as I was waiting for a brutal, but witty putdown, he jumped off the stage, walked up to her table, and gobbed in her face.

Those midnight shows were edgy.
Presently guffawing.

Had a dream where Jose, myself, and some other randoms sat down for coffee. He gets a call and when he is done, he comes back and sits down and says it is Pochettino coming back.

I woke up depressed...I am a Potter fan boy, so why did my subconscious bring in Poch?

Either way, this is how Hercules gets his rumors

However much we may feel like we own part of the Club the sad fact is those who do can fcuk up whatever they like and make as many mistakes without being answerable to anyone least of all us.

For all his faults Levy (for a short 'arris) is head and shoulders above most club CEO's and a genuine supporter who's football knowledge is not necessarily up there with his business acumen.

Moneybags Lewis has always taken a back seat and generally given DL a free rein and whilst I can understand the frustration behind the calls for 'Levy out' the fact remains it is they who own the Club and short of putting out a contract on them we have no say on the matter one way or the other.

Lewis is in his mid eighties so I can't see him lasting much longer and I'm not sure DL has enough wonga for a complete buy out so its either him leading a consortium or someone coming in with more money than sense. The problem we will have to overcome is finding a prospective buyer with enough readies to satisfy a hugely exorbitant asking price. The only other way I can see a speedy severance is if the Club is swallowed up by the servicing of the stadium debt and picked up for next to nothing in a fire sale.

However much we may feel like we own part of the Club the sad fact is those who do can fcuk up whatever they like and make as many mistakes without being answerable to anyone least of all us.

For all his faults Levy (for a short 'arris) is head and shoulders above most club CEO's and a genuine supporter who's football knowledge is not necessarily up there with his business acumen.

Moneybags Lewis has always taken a back seat and generally given DL a free rein and whilst I can understand the frustration behind the calls for 'Levy out' the fact remains it is they who own the Club and short of putting out a contract on them we have no say on the matter one way or the other.

Lewis is in his mid eighties so I can't see him lasting much longer and I'm not sure DL has enough wonga for a complete buy out so its either him leading a consortium or someone coming in with more money than sense. The problem we will have to overcome is finding a prospective buyer with enough readies to satisfy a hugely exorbitant asking price. The only other way I can see a speedy severance is if the Club is swallowed up by the servicing of the stadium debt and picked up for next to nothing in a fire sale.

Absolutely not.

Levy is a finance banker, and the FC is merely a cashcow for his company.

He's been very smart at taking the public role as the football enthusiast, though, and the fans lap it up.

Back
Top Bottom