Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah it’s a good way to spin it but it doesn’t really tell the story.

I could retort by saying Jose took over the 2nd best team in Europe based on last seasons’ CL. That wouldn’t be true either.

The truth is the squad Jose took over is better than the one Poch inherited.

You’d have to be pretty stupid to argue otherwise.
If Jose had taken over after the CL final, then he would have taken over that team. But he didnt, he joined many months after that where Poch's preseason had already caused a lot of damage to the team which was then in 14th position in the league and had lost 7-2 vs Bayern in the CL. Poch inherited a team with Dembele, Vertonghen, Eriksen, Walker in their primes. This current squad is not even close with many of our best players gone, old or run ragged.

Hey sammyspurs sammyspurs we are waiting for a response to the oranges vs oranges comparison. And Klopp has only won like 5 trophies to Mou's 27(?). And if he can't at least equal Klopp here what gives you faith that he will do it next year when at best he will be the 4th best/most sought after manager in the league (based on rep) and the one with the probably weakest team.

Ok then Sammy, Klopp took over a shitty Pool side around the same time as Mou and got them to a cup final. Should we expect similar in the oranges to fucking oranges comparison? Suck it, Sammy.

edit: shouldn't take you this long sammyspurs sammyspurs . Trust me on this, if you are taking this long to come up with some bullshit to reply with I will know it's bullshit and will tear it apart. If it takes you this long to respond it's usually best to concede the point rather than come up with some bulllshit that completely exposes your bullshit premise.
So now you are comparing Klopp losing a final to Jose winning one

Poch inherited a team with Dembele, Vertonghen, Eriksen, Walker in their primes.
You talk a lot of shit man. You got a hardon for Poch and wanted his head on a platter. Good for you but this nonsense you speak and that libelous BS you spouted but didn't have the balls to walk-back yesterday doesn't serve you well.

All 4 of those players you name benefited from Poch as much as Poch benefited from them. He made their primes and they should be grateful for it.

Hey sammyspurs sammyspurs we are waiting for a response to the oranges vs oranges comparison. And Klopp has only won like 5 trophies to Mou's 27(?). And if he can't at least equal Klopp here what gives you faith that he will do it next year when at best he will be the 4th best/most sought after manager in the league (based on rep) and the one with the probably weakest team.

I have faith because he’s a world class manager
Just like I’d have faith in Ronaldo if we signed him even though he’s never played for West Brom before and only done it at big clubs

You talk a lot of shit man. You got a hardon for Poch and wanted his head on a platter. Good for you but this nonsense you speak and that libelous BS you spouted but didn't have the balls to walk-back yesterday doesn't serve you well.

All 4 of those players you name benefited from Poch as much as Poch benefited from them. He made their primes and they should be grateful for it.
Nope wanted Poch to stay

So now you are comparing Klopp losing a final to Jose winning one
That's just weak sauce Sammy. All that time and that's all you could come up with? You should have just conceded the point.

But yes, if Jose wins a cup then he would compare favorably to Klopp who took over under worse circumstances and a team that consistently finished behind us, had lost their Harry Kane and their Sonny tthe summer prior. But if your 'winner' cannot at least match Klopp then what does that say?

See, this is fun Sammy.

That's just weak sauce Sammy. All that time and that's all you could come up with? You should have just conceded the point.

But yes, if Jose wins a cup then he would compare favorably to Klopp who took over under worse circumstances and a team that consistently finished behind us, had lost their Harry Kane and their Sonny tthe summer prior. But if your 'winner' cannot at least match Klopp then what does that say?

See, this is fun Sammy.
Matching Klopp by losing a final doesn’t make him a winner

Does anyone know what our fans obsession with getting to but losing a final is?

Why is it seen as achievement?
Its no more of an achievement than being top with one game left but not winning the title.

It is in fact, failure.

I have faith because he’s a world class manager
Just like I’d have faith in Ronaldo if we signed him even though he’s never played for West Brom before and only done it at big clubs
Hold it, so you mean playing vs coaching are two different things? Who'da thunk it, Sammy?

And Ronaldo's goal tally would be expected to go down moving to a shitter team jsut like it has at Juve...and likewise RM's has. Playing in a worse team lessens your chances of success just like coaching a worse team.

Move to the mental floor exercise Sammy because I'm killing you on the mental pommel horse.

Its no more of an achievement than being top with one game left but not winning the title.

It is in fact, failure.
It’s better than getting to a semi and losing. You know, 4th with 12 points or 5th with 70. You’re the prime architect of this line of reasoning.

Hold it, so you mean playing vs coaching are two different things? Who'da thunk it, Sammy?

And Ronaldo's goal tally would be expected to go down moving to a shitter team jsut like it has at Juve...and likewise RM's has. Playing in a worse team lessens your chances of success just like coaching a worse team.

Move to the mental floor exercise Sammy because I'm killing you on the mental pommel horse.
I apply the same logic to a manager as I do a player.
The better the manager or player, the more faith I have.

Id have more faith in Pep than I would Pardew even though Pep has only done it with money.
So if you disagree because Klopp lost a final, that’s fine.

It is in fact, failure.
Because getting there is half the battle Sammy and smart people recognize that. Getting there consistently is even more of an accomplishment. Getting there all doped up on Portuguese or Russian gangster money is less so.

And until Poch is in the fucking final with the most expensive team then how do you feel comfortable labelling him not a winner? Oranges to oranges my man.

Back
Top Bottom