Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This morning, at least one initial report said he refused to take the squad out to train when Spurs involvement in the ESL was announced. As a result he was sacked.

I have no idea how true this is.

It's extremely untrue. Every real journalist has said it never happened (Gold, Romano, Delaney).

EzWEyQVUYAEWcuf

EzWEyQzVUAUkksF

I'm annoyed at myself for getting suckered in by him in the first place, but I did believe that he would be successful to start with. I was even up for sacrificing attractive football in the short term to land that first trophy. I felt he deserved our support but he made it impossible for us to sustain that. The constant surrender of points, throwing players under the bus, the rubbish tactics and he never took the blame for any of it.
I'm glad he's gone, before he did any more damage.

I didn't want him to start with, but because I love my club I got behind it fully knowing it would turn sour.

I don't feel annoyed at myself about supporting Spurs even with Mourinho or Graham or Neill. My good Spurs friend who passed just after we beat Stoke was apoplectic when we got Mourinho - he will hopefully be looking down today with a smile.

Nope. Wrong.
Having been in management it's waaaaay more productive to have staff on side.
Is it always perfect? No. Sometimes you have to make unpopular decisions but employees want to be listened to and a good boss is a leader and not just a manager...it's the fundamentals of successful leadership.
So you hire who you like vs who is efficient?

In a company as big as a football club, no, people don't have to like each other.

I could give a shit if players like eachother off the pitch, as long as they play well together. Bale at Madrid is a standout example. Didn't really have any care about hanging out with other players and was heavily ostracised for it. Does that make Zidane any worse of a manager? 4 CL's says no

So you hire who you like vs who is efficient?

In a company as big as a football club, no, people don't have to like each other.

I could give a shit if players like eachother off the pitch, as long as they play well together. Bale at Madrid is a standout example. Didn't really have any care about hanging out with other players and was heavily ostracised for it. Does that make Zidane any worse of a manager? 4 CL's says no
It's not a binary argument. You can be a good, respected leader and have good people skills that motivate your workers and encourage them to do their best and even exceed their possibly meagre talents which is what you would expect from a decent football leader...

I'm NOT saying everyone has to get on but there shouldn't be a hatred or a laissez faire in either direction. Good leaders are respected and respectful and this gets the best out of everyone as individuals and the whole.

Jose was not a good leader.
Poch was.
However even good leaders can end up being ignored.

It's not a binary argument. You can be a good, respected leader and have good people skills that motivate your workers and encourage them to do their best and even exceed their possibly meagre talents which is what you would expect from a decent football leader...

I'm NOT saying everyone has to get on but there shouldn't be a hatred or a laissez faire in either direction. Good leaders are respected and respectful and this gets the best out of everyone as individuals and the whole.

Jose was not a good leader.
Poch was.
However even good leaders can end up being ignored.
So what your saying is...

Blame Levy. 🤣

The Athletic article on his time here and it all going wrong is a great read and sounds pretty on the money. Nobody comes out of it well though. Mourinho, levy or the players. As we long suspected.

Absolute disgrace. Whoever agrees with the sacking is a fucking moron.

Jose should have been in the final. Then sack him, win or lose.

Not making it to top 4 is moot point.
Oh sigh. You've reared your stupid head again I see. So youd rather sit through yet another 90 mins of shite knowing we will probably lose? At least this way, the cloud of poisonous Jose shit is lifted and know this: if we lose the final it will be Jose's fault. If we win, it won't be because of what he's done...it'll be because everyone's so fucking relieved the cunt has gone.

Back
Top Bottom