John McDermott - MUST READ

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I live 15 minutes from Pomona College and am one of two Yids that kick it in Claremont. How the fuck did I not know John McDermott was going to be speaking there?!?!!?:walker-scream::walker-scream::walkercry:

This article gives me even more hope for the future, and even more respect for Poch and the job he and his team are doing. I think I'd cry if Poch left.

youcanleadahorsetowateran2.jpg

Oh fuck - I read that as John fucking McGinn.

We could be missing out, he's the Scottish Zidane you know.

Interesting regarding the player that has been offered £250k by Shitty. Could it be Edwards as speculated. How can we compete with that? The player needs to be grounded in reality not greed.

We could be missing out, he's the Scottish Zidane you know.

Interesting regarding the player that has been offered £250k by Shitty. Could it be Edwards as speculated. How can we compete with that? The player needs to be grounded in reality not greed.

I think more clubs will revert to our/McDermott's way of thinking soon enough. As much as it's also a factor that Chavs and City just spend insane amounts on established players when they need someone in, it cannot be a coincidence that they have an off the charts number of players brought into their youth ranks and loaned out but noone coming through the first team. Throwing money at getting the best youth prospects might seem rationel at first glance, but end of the day it's impressionable young people, not just footballers. They're human, and their work ethic has to be influenced by being told they're God's gift to football and paid as such at 16 or younger. As opposed to Poch's "trick" with Shayon.

I think more clubs will revert to our/McDermott's way of thinking soon enough. As much as it's also a factor that Chavs and City just spend insane amounts on established players when they need someone in, it cannot be a coincidence that they have an off the charts number of players brought into their youth ranks and loaned out but noone coming through the first team. Throwing money at getting the best youth prospects might seem rationel at first glance, but end of the day it's impressionable young people, not just footballers. They're human, and their work ethic has to be influenced by being told they're God's gift to football and paid as such at 16 or younger. As opposed to Poch's "trick" with Shayon.

Both Shitty and the Chav's youth teams seem to always be winning the FA Youth Cup and competing for their leagues etc. However how often have we seen any of those players in their first teams? You have Iheanacho at Shitty and Loftus-Cheek at the Chavs. Beyond that not much else. It's ridiculous that these young men can be offered contracts worth more than playing in the Championship or FL. I am happy and I say this not just as a Spurs fan that we are moulding these young men into well rounded individuals as well as footballers. If they are hungry to succeed as a player, then all the trappings of fame and wealth will come later. Giving it all to them before it is actually achieved means they more than likely they will fail. Prime example for us is John Bostock.

Chelsea's academy is never about producing players for the first team, it's a profit making exercise to which they make no attempt at hiding. You shouldn't really compare ours to theirs.

Is Marcus E still stalling on the contract?

Loftus-Ch getting ridiculous money at Chavs already.

Intersstng about local kids, and the ones from overseas just don't settle etc.

Sounness and Barmby both wanted to go back up North. Can you imagine our MF with Hoddle and Sounness. Groan, all those wasted seasons in the 1970's.

Is Marcus E still stalling on the contract?

Loftus-Ch getting ridiculous money at Chavs already.

Intersstng about local kids, and the ones from overseas just don't settle etc.

Sounness and Barmby both wanted to go back up North. Can you imagine our MF with Hoddle and Sounness. Groan, all those wasted seasons in the 1970's.

Souness just wanted first team football. Didn't really need to go back north. We just couldn't promise a kid that opportunity given our other talents at the time (Perryman, Hoddle coming through, Pratt....)

Chelsea's academy is never about producing players for the first team, it's a profit making exercise to which they make no attempt at hiding. You shouldn't really compare ours to theirs.
No they have an academy, which is ignored regardless of any talent produced. The profit making end seems to be aimed at players who are 21 plus...

Back
Top Bottom