January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

View: https://x.com/pokeefe1/status/1742592954273833064?s=46&t=LZlJuZ1uaIN4QMovCQVkvQ

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

Champions League Hello GIF by FOX Sports: Watch. Enjoy. Repeat.

Who knew🤷‍♂️👀👀

Soloman has barely been mentioned when referencing our injury list, but I thought he showed some really impressive flashes in the limited mins he got for us early in the season.

Aggressive presser, and a good one-on-one dribbler who can go both ways.

The Burnley game in particular I thought he was excellent. He’ll be a real bonus to have within the squad especially with Son out.
Got two assists in his first start IIRC and had a good game against Woolwich, then got injured during training.

Would love to have seen more of him left.

I have a good feeling about Dragusin, I don't want to put too much pressure on him.
But although he might need time to adjust, I think he might call in and settle as quickly as VDV did.
If so this could give us a great launch pad , for the remainder of the season, a top four spot is on.

I have a good feeling about Dragusin, I don't want to put too much pressure on him.
But although he might need time to adjust, I think he might call in and settle as quickly as VDV did.
If so this could give us a great launch pad , for the remainder of the season, a top four spot is on.
Nah, throw him in teh deepend, like we did for Udogie, VdV and Vic.... But Mostly VdV as he didn't have a pre-season with us.

I think it will be the same and he will swim.

This is boring man, every club "quibbles" over what their perceived value is, that's why it's called a negotiation!

Anyway here's an interesting question, if you trust Ange after 6 months then why don't you trust our negotiation team seeing as we've done some really good work over the last couple of years including getting players in early in the past 2 years in a Summer window for our managers?
Like I said.

Negoatiate over 20 million, not over 5 million, when the player could be worth double in teh future.

No point, the longer it takes, the more likely someone else comes a long.

And yeah, the same team as I said, that refused to pay the release clause, and ended up paying more (links in previous post) and to Levy's credit, was the one that saved the deal for Porro.

Like I said before, I can understand if the Genoa were asking for 50 million and our valuation was 25 million. Then yeah, go out and negotiate and don't do a Chelsea.

But we are talking abotu 5 mill and if we meet half way, that is only 2.5 mill, it is nothing.

And for me, that is not overpaying at all. That is pointless quibbling.

Did exactly the same thing over Porro, spent a month doing it and eventually we did a deal that ended up with us paying more than the release clause IIRC.

Spurs must pay Pedro Porro’s £36.7m release fee to land Sporting wing-back

Tottenham complete Pedro Porro signing from Sporting in €45m deal

A couple of things you might have neglected to consider here.

1. Terms of payment were clearly the issue here rather than pricetag.

2. We actually used an external agency to try and broker this deal..... Levy only got involved at the end BECAUSE it was taking too long.

If we have put a bid for 25 million Euro's, then I would guess that is the ball park figure.

I haven't seen him play, but I bet people at the club have and have been asked to identify specific players that meet Ange's requirements.

Then pay it, it's not that far off.

I have a lot of trust in Ange, if it is a player he wants, then there is no point quibbling over a couple of million.
I wouldn’t place too much faith in what’s posted by various sources on tinternet.

There could be a multitude of reasons negotiations are ongoing (none of which I can imagine THFC making public), including the structure and duration of payments. For instance Genoa may be asking for a much larger upfront payment than we would stomach.

Who knows? It’s all conjecture! 🤷🏻

I wouldn’t place too much faith in what’s posted by various sources on tinternet.

There could be a multitude of reasons negotiations are ongoing (none of which I can imagine THFC making public), including the structure and duration of payments. For instance Genoa may be asking for a much larger upfront payment than we would stomach.

Who knows? It’s all conjecture! 🤷🏻
I find much of what is posted on twitter etc is bullshit and don't take much notice of it. But there are some sources that are more accurrate than others, like that Romano bloke and his "lets Go"...

But what I do take notice of is when our manager wants things done early then that is what we should do.

Like I said.

Negoatiate over 20 million, not over 5 million, when the player could be worth double in teh future.

No point, the longer it takes, the more likely someone else comes a long.

And yeah, the same team as I said, that refused to pay the release clause, and ended up paying more (links in previous post) and to Levy's credit, was the one that saved the deal for Porro.

This is an insane amount of speculation on your part just to be upset over and also the Porro deal is literally 1 exsmple out of about 20?

From Reddit:

A few things about Dragusin

Hi guys, not a Spurs fan (tho they're my fav team from Premier League if i had to choose one) but i'm Romanian so i've been watching and hearing about Dragusin's growth over the past 3-4 years, and since the news broke about him joining Tottenham i've been reading a few posts on here and r/soccer and was surprised to see that most people don't seem sold out on him yet.

He has the biggest Aerial Duels winrate in Serie A, and one of the lowest percentages of being dribbled past. He absolutely had Switzerland's attack on lock during the Euro Qualifiers group stage matches and his long passes are a thing of beauty. This guy is an absolute physical monster. Even Chiellini said he was disappointed about Juventus letting Dragusin leave, stating that "he is too talented physically to not succeed at a higher level" Oh and yeah, Paratici brought him to train with the first team so he can train and learn from Chiellini and Bonucci, which is huge.

His mentality and drive is also insane. At just 21 years old, with all the money (admittedly not that much) he's made from football, instead of partying, spending it on expensive luxuries or other things, he invested in the building of an apartment complex in his hometown, and frequently comes back in the country to check on the progress.

Also, during a brief period of scandal at the Romanian U21 team, where more players were accused of indecent behavior, being loud and disrespectful in an airport and on a plane, playing loud music and other things, he was one of the names being singled out as NOT being part of the problem, which i thought speaks about his character since it's easy to be influenced and want to be part of the "group" at such a young age

The only downside i can see to all this is the past example of Chiriches, which undoubtedly he'll get comparison to in case he does not impress from the first few games, and the high-line that Ange is playing in defence. He's not a slow defender, not even close. I'd say he's faster than the average CB but that highline is going to leave a lot of CBs exposed, but he has the capacity to adapt.

Overall, i'm not telling you to expect a Van Dijk, but i'd say he's the closest CB there is to his type, and honestly even if you pay the full 30m that Genoa wants, that's a steal. Treat our boy well!!

I find much of what is posted on twitter etc is bullshit and don't take much notice of it. But there are some sources that are more accurrate than others, like that Romano bloke and his "lets Go"...

But what I do take notice of is when our manager wants things done early then that is what we should do.
Romano is a tap in merchant IMHO.

And if the party you’re dealing with has totally unrealistic expectations?

Back
Top Bottom