January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m not so sure. I don’t think Levy likes to realize a loss on transfers - struggling to think of many outgoings where he “admitted defeat” and sold at a loss. My biases could be clouding my memory here of course.

So anyway, I suspect that LoCelso’s 55M purchase price will be a stumbling block to any sale. Particularly with LoCelso in form - I suspect that Levy wouldn’t sell him at loss right now. I think he’d rather roll the dice that LoCelso’s good run of form continues and value goes up .
Sissoko. Sanchez.

I real don't trust Fabrizio Romano the more he talks...the less likely transfers seem.

Tweets for engagement these days so he just regurgitates what he said before, he used to only Tweet when deals were done but since you get paid much more for engagement these days and it pays to be disingenuous on that app he can churn out re-hashed nonsense

Guy makes around £70k P/M according to this but I don't necessarily believe he'll make £800k a year because his engagement normally goes through the roof during the Transfer Windows only.

Last edited:
Tweets for engagement these days so he just regurgitates what he said before, he used to only Tweet when deals were done but since you get paid much more for engagement these days and it pays to be disingenuous on that app he can churn out re-hashed nonsense

Guy makes around £70k P/M according to this but I don't necessarily believe he'll make £800k a year because his engagement normally goes through the roof during the Transfer Windows only.

Same model as 24 hour news channels really.

Repeat and repeat, work out its true later.

My Norwich supporting mate really rates Rowe … fast, intelligent player, 10 goals/2 assists from 24 games is a good return for a 20 year old. Could be a good Championship pick up, and we’ve missed out on a few of those recently…

View: https://youtu.be/fEWf5NqNVUo?si=nFwwWgtj0itQQDar

Could be decent but hard to tell only watching goals.

If we go championship winger, I’ve had my eye on Summerville for Leeds. He scored against us last season I think.

Bournemouth defender Kelly targeted by Juventus and AC Milan​

Latest from Sky Sports News' Dharmesh Sheth and Mark McAdam:
Bournemouth defender Lloyd Kelly is free to talk to clubs outside England over a pre-contract agreement.
Concrete interest remains in the 25-year-old from Juventus and AC Milan with both Italian clubs in talks with Kelly’s representatives over a potential deal.
Tottenham were interested in signing Kelly in the summer and continue to keep an eye on his situation.
Staying at Bournemouth, however, has not been ruled out with dialogue open over a new contract.

He looks pretty good to tbf. Only plays CB. He seems like more of a Micky backup, almost as fast as him but better in the air.
He does not have to be a guaranteed starter. If we can rest Romero/VDV for 20 minutes it will make a big differnce. The fact is it will allow us more tactical flexibility and better squad depth that will help prepare us for being in Europe again next season.

Back
Top Bottom