January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A loud minority but it seems like there's a majority on X

Saw someone just say imagine there was no such thing as aggregators or journo's openly reporting on transfers, we'd all be ecstatic by the Timo announcement :D

The aggregators are the worst. But a hustle is a hustle.

Journalists reporting on things are the lifeblood of the media beast that makes football so popular. After the fans, players and coaches they come pretty high on the list of importance.

What the fuck is there to think about.

4th choice centre back playing in a pub league eating sauerkraut on your days off or playing week in, week out due to our injury curse and Romero’s 27 red card brain farts a season in the best league in the world, best stadium, best training facilities, best manager, best fans THE LIST GOES ON.

If he chooses Bayern then we’ve dodged a bullet. He’s clearly fucking mental.

Sounds like it's even and its up to him.

If any of his 'quotes' were true, then we're getting him. Instant ban for all aggregators who quoted him if he goes to Bayern.
I think it’s important to note that with the knowledge we have, his agent and Genoa will likely prefer Radu to accept Bayern’s offer which could potentially be the reason there is a hold up.

A whole lot of “Are you sure?” coming from both sides.

The aggregators are the worst. But a hustle is a hustle.

Journalists reporting on things are the lifeblood of the media beast that makes football so popular. After the fans, players and coaches they come pretty high on the list of importance.

Before we had journos, we had TeamTalk and teletext and stuff like that, was much better back when you didn't have 24 hours news channels, phone ins and the internet.

Media is just generally out of control, football media is apart of that and the way feed off every bit of information as humans is generally unhealthy

I think it’s important to note that with the knowledge we have, his agent and Genoa will likely prefer Radu to accept Bayern’s offer which could potentially be the reason there is a hold up.

A whole lot of “Are you sure?” coming from both sides.

Bayern will offer a bigger salary and a bigger transfer fee so his agent will stand to make more on %'s pf both of those.

Any normal 21 year old kid would choose Bayern. If he comes to us, we will know we have another maniac on the books. Ange likes a maniac as well.

So we are agreed they thought they could use their tried and tested tactics of using the player's interest as leverage to drive the price down and it's come back to bite them on the arse.

Some you win, some you lose. For every Vicario you get the odd Dragusin. The more times you pull it off and beat the market, the more likely other clubs are to circle around your kills looking to steal it from you.
How has the negotiation process bitten anyone on the arse??? Had they failed to agree a deal and someone else nipped in then fair enough, but they didn't, they agreed a fee, and almost immediately Bayern came in to trump it, they would have done exactly the same if we'd agreed a deal last week...

Before we had journos, we had TeamTalk and teletext and stuff like that, was much better back when you didn't have 24 hours news channels, phone ins and the internet.

Media is just generally out of control, football media is apart of that and the way feed off every bit of information as humans is generally unhealthy

Not a fan of 24 hour news channels I agree with you there.

Journalists are like bees, you lose them you are fucked because they keep everything flowing from place to place.

I love it how if he doesn’t choose us he’s shit!!!!! My fav is don’t want him and he can rot on the Bayern bench. Maybe just maybe he’s told Ange after his conversation with him he’s coming and was waiting on the clubs sorting it out. I’m confident he starts against Utd.

How has the negotiation process bitten anyone on the arse??? Had they failed to agree a deal and someone else nipped in then fair enough, but they didn't, they agreed a fee, and almost immediately Bayern came in to trump it, they would have done exactly the same if we'd agreed a deal last week...
Correct but that’s hard for some to understand. Some also think Bayern are just going for him to get one over on us 🤷‍♂️

Because of how long it took. If Bayern were always going to come in and gazump, better they did it last week. Also, the longer you take, the more time you give them to relax and decide if they want to jump in or not.

Same reason they sped the process up and kept it quiet with Werner because they didn't want other teams to come in, they have done the opposite with Dragu.

This “never heard of him” argument is one of the most reductive and redundant arguments on this forum.

No one here claims to be a scout. If the club identified this bloke as a top target in a position of need and we miss out (in spite of it being Bayern), every spurs fan should be fucked off because we need reinforcements in this position. Whether we knew about him or not is neither here nor there.

To you and anyone that ever says “you didn’t know him 6 weeks ago”, your arguments are embarrassing and redundant on this forum so STF up.

Come on guys, get this over the line. We have a lot to offer the bloke…. 🙏🙏
By the same logic, if the club wont pay a few extra million for him, maybe he’s not that good.

Not saying that’s the case… (he might be great, I don’t know) but you basically said “who cares if I never heard of the guy, I trust the clubs recruitment”. But then you all of a sudden don’t trust the club when it comes to valuation because it’s convenient for your end goal to complain.

Back
Top Bottom