January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Screen-Shot-2020-09-08-at-07.10.47.jpg
Is that a leak from the new Dune movie? Shame that it got pushed back.

Can’t wait for December 31st when Dan KP inevitably tweets out

“Davinson Sanchez is open to leaving #thfc in January, although a move is unlikely as Spurs would need to find a replacement in a notoriously tricky January transfer window.”

Can’t wait for December 30th when Dan KP inevitably tweets out

“Davinson Sanchez is open to leaving #thfc in January, although a move is unlikely as Spurs would need to find a replacement in a notoriously tricky January transfer window.”
He'll sign a pre-contract in January. We might get a couple of millions for letting him go early though.

We’ve actually done good business the last two Januarys and I’d expect us to try to do so again.

Sanchez and PEH out, a CB in. Wouldn’t be surprised if we’re back in for Gallagher especially as he’s likely to fall down the pecking order as Chelsea integrates Lavia, Caicedo, and Nkunku.

We’ve actually done good business the last two Januarys and I’d expect us to try to do so again.

Sanchez and PEH out, a CB in. Wouldn’t be surprised if we’re back in for Gallagher especially as he’s likely to fall down the pecking order as Chelsea integrates Lavia, Caicedo, and Nkunku.
1 Feb 2024: Sanchez and PEH remain at Spurs, Romero is out injured until the next Argentina match and Bryan Gil has put on 2lbs.

Public service post:

Hey everyone. I've noticed that our chairman, Daniel Levy, can be a bit reluctant to spend his cash. This can be quite annoying/frustrating/make me want to go on a mass killing spree.

Also, it would be better if we could do all of our business in the first week the window opens like all other big/ambitious clubs who would never leave anything to the last minute.

Finally, I've just noticed that our chairman, Daniel Levy, has absolutely no hair!!!

There you go, feel free to agree or disagree, and this post should save us reading about 1000 pages and 10 days of all our lives. Time is precious. 😘

We failed to get competent defenders in previous windows (exception Romero) and only managed to get one this summer. I would therefore expect us to bring one centre back in, in January and another potentially next summer (subject to Phillips development). It’s pretty much nailed on that we will bring in 1 or 2 between Jan and the summer given both Sanchez and Dier will be leaving.

Back
Top Bottom