January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They wanted Werner didn't they? He's a good player, but not much of a striker, probably not a massive loss for them.

They certainly wanted Werner - and he was the closest player to a top striker that they could find.

So a big loss for them, he's have added to creativity to set goals up for others and scored a few too..

To put their need for a striker info some sort of focus - ManU have scored 28 goals in 22 PL matches whereas Spurs have scored 47 PL goals, 67% more

And Ange said that Spurs weakest part of the team was our abilities in the final third !

Slot didn't want to come to us though did he, so what would have changed?
A lot will change in a few years that'll probably make us one of the more attractive clubs. It's already changing, in case you haven't noticed, to the point that players are choosing us over the likes of Bayern, Barca, and United.

Time to get out of your misery cocoon and look around you.

I think the board are willing to do that for short term gain, like in Jol's first season they approached Ramos,

That was virtually 20 years ago.

This is such a reach considering the point you're trying to argue is based on 'lessons learned'.

Slot didn't want to come to us though did he, so what would have changed?

It's not a static landscape.

What is Moussa Sissoko doing maybe they can reunite the French Mafia. Also Poch will have somewhere to go when he is sacked from Chelsea.

He aint going no where, the chavs really cannot afford to sack. just increases the massive FFP HOLE they already in :pochwtf:

todd-boehly-chelsea.gif

Weird that you're basing this window on what we should have done in a previous and not what we actually did.
Not weird at all, not getting a defender in the summerlike Ange wanted cost us points
You might as well use that same logic for every club for nearly every transfer window in existence because it's very rare that clubs have the perfect transfer window and get all their business done or their holes filled.
I'm interested in what we do
What's more going from a 2 to a 7 when we signed a player who's just turned 18 is just jokes.
It doesn't matter his age I, repeatedly said I wanted the club to sign one or two prospects in addition to who we signed already.

These are the players linked to Spurs for this winter TW who I saw links of, but I am sure there were more.
And, again, NO I do not believe that Spurs were even interested all these players.

WINTER TW 2024

GK
: Dylan Thompson (Norwich), Gavin Bazunu, Giorgi Mamardashvili, Samuel Portugal Lima,

LB: Dennis Cirkin, Samuel Illing-Junior, Patrick Dorgu, Andrea Cambiaso,
LC: Jarrad Braintwatie, Lloyd Kelly, Christian McFarland (New York FC), Valdemar Lund, Gonçalo Inácio, Riccardo Calafiori, Alessandro Buongiorno, Bastien Meupiyou, William Pacho, Piero Hincapié, Willian Pacho, Felipe Morato, Hiroki Ito, Koki Machida,
RC: Harry Maguire, Marc Guehi, Trevoh Chalobah, Tosin Adarabioyo, Ben Godfrey, Joe Gomez, Luka Vušković, Slobodan Rubežić. Radu Drăgușin, Illia Zabarnyi, Victor Nelsson, Per Schuurs, Jonathan Tah, Malick Thiaw, Leny Yoro, Loïc Badé, Oumar Solet, Jean-Clair Todibo, Sebastián Cáceres, Gleison Bremer, Jordan Teze, Edmund Tapsoba, Arouna Sangante, Ko Itakura,
RB
: Archie Gray, Matty Cash, Arnau Martínez,, Denzel Dumfries, Sacha Boey, Ferdi Kadıoğlu,

DM: Kalvin Phillips, Hayden Hackney, Billy Gilmour, Arthur Vermeeren, Joshua Kimmich, Boris Lu (Hertha), Leander Dendoncker, Christian Nørgaard, Morten Fendrup, Bryan Cristante, Ruben Neves, İsmail Yüksek, Hakan Çalhanoğlu, Cheick Doucouré, Wilfred Ndidi,
CM: Dan Neil, Conor Gallagher, Jobe Bellingham, Adam Wharton, George Hall, Noel Buck, Matt O’Riley, Lennon Miller (Motherwell), Lucas Bergvall, Tristan Aldcroft Panduro (FK København), Toni Kroos, Luka Modrić, Javi Guerro, Manu Koné, Khéphren Thuram-Ulien, Youssouf Fofana , Quinten Timber, Stanis Idumbo Muzambo, Federico Redondo, Douglas Luiz, João Gomes, Éderson Lourenç, André Trindade, Hicham Boudaoui,
OM: Eberechi Eze, Morgan Gibbs-White, Jacob Ramesy, Cruz Allen (Derby), Florian Wirtz, Sebastian Szymański, João Marques, Mikel Merino, Rayan Cherki, Bilal El Khannouss, Oscar Gloukh, Claudio Echeverri,

LF: Anthony Gordon, Jadon Sancho, Jonathan Rowe, Jack Clarke, Kasey McAteer, George Feeney (Glentorian), Antonio Nusa, Albert Guðmundsson, Timo Werner, Nebojsa Grujic (Crvena zvezda), Crysencio Summerville, Federico Chiesa, Wilfried Gnonto, Pepê, Pedro Gonçalves, João Filipe “Jota”, Ander Barrenetxea, Ansu Fati, Nico Williams, Armand Laurienté, Ousmane Dembélé, Kerem Aktürkoğlu, Esequiel Barco, Daizen Maeda, Julian Hall (NY Red Bulls), Ibrahim Osman, Omar Marmoush,
CF: Ivan Toney, Ollie Watkins, Dominic Solanke, Mike Leaburn, Evan Ferguson, Maximilian Beier, Mathys Tel, Luis Openda, Marcus Thuram, Dušan Vlahović, Dino Klapija (NK Kustošija), Semih Kılıçsoy, Marcos Leonard, Santiago Giménez, Mauro Icardi, Augustin Roberto, Jonathan David, Karim Konaté, Gift Orban, Serhou Guirassy, Kyogo Furuhashi, Hwang Hee-chan,
RF: Marcus Edwards, Roony Bardghji, Andreas Skov Olsen, Pedro Neto Brais Méndez, Moussa Diay, Michael Olise, Johan Bakayoko, Luis Guilherme, Sávio Moreira, Matías Soulé, Ian Subiabre, Paulo Dybala.

Last edited:
A lot will change in a few years that'll probably make us one of the more attractive clubs. It's already changing, in case you haven't noticed, to the point that players are choosing us over the likes of Bayern, Barca, and United.

Time to get out of your misery cocoon and look around you.
You come from viewpoint where you trust this regime me not so much. I have good reasons not to trust them too. When I see the regime sticking to a on the field plan that yields some trophies I might change my mind about them.

Not weird at all, not getting a defender in the summer like Ange wanted cost us points

It doesn't matter his age I, repeatedly said I wanted the club to sign one or two prospects in addition to who we signed already.
Really? In a rebuilding year where the primary objective was to change the direction of the club and play football with an identity that the fans could get behind it is the points that you are concerned about? Which, in case you haven't noticed, are by far more at this stage of the campaign than in any of the past 5 seasons.

Were you expecting us to win the title, perhaps, that these dropped points really matter? And even if you were, the lack of a backup CB is not what contributed to dropped points; it was silly errors by our better players in games that we should have won going away.

These are the players linked to Spurs for this winter TW who I saw links of, but I am sure there were more.
And, again, NO I do not believe that Spurs were scouting all these players.

WINTER TW 2024

GK
: Dylan Thompson (Norwich), Gavin Bazunu, Giorgi Mamardashvili, Samuel Portugal Lima,

LB: Dennis Cirkin, Samuel Illing-Junior, Patrick Dorgu, Andrea Cambiaso,
LC: Jarrad Braintwatie, Lloyd Kelly, Christian McFarland (New York FC), Valdemar Lund, Gonçalo Inácio, Riccardo Calafiori, Alessandro Buongiorno, Bastien Meupiyou, William Pacho, Piero Hincapié, Willian Pacho, Felipe Morato, Hiroki Ito, Koki Machida,
RC: Harry Maguire, Marc Guehi, Trevoh Chalobah, Tosin Adarabioyo, Ben Godfrey, Joe Gomez, Luka Vušković, Slobodan Rubežić. Radu Drăgușin, Illia Zabarnyi, Victor Nelsson, Per Schuurs, Jonathan Tah, Malick Thiaw, Leny Yoro, Loïc Badé, Oumar Solet, Jean-Clair Todibo, Sebastián Cáceres, Gleison Bremer, Jordan Teze, Edmund Tapsoba, Arouna Sangante, Ko Itakura,
RB
: Archie Gray, Matty Cash, Arnau Martínez,, Denzel Dumfries, Sacha Boey, Ferdi Kadıoğlu,

DM: Kalvin Phillips, Hayden Hackney, Billy Gilmour, Arthur Vermeeren, Joshua Kimmich, Boris Lu (Hertha), Leander Dendoncker, Christian Nørgaard, Morten Fendrup, Bryan Cristante, Ruben Neves, İsmail Yüksek, Hakan Çalhanoğlu, Cheick Doucouré, Wilfred Ndidi,
CM: Dan Neil, Conor Gallagher, Jobe Bellingham, Adam Wharton, George Hall, Noel Buck, Matt O’Riley, Lennon Miller (Motherwell), Lucas Bergvall, Tristan Aldcroft Panduro (FK København), Toni Kroos, Luka Modrić, Javi Guerro, Manu Koné, Khéphren Thuram-Ulien, Youssouf Fofana , Quinten Timber, Stanis Idumbo Muzambo, Federico Redondo, Douglas Luiz, João Gomes, Éderson Lourenç, André Trindade, Hicham Boudaoui,
OM: Eberechi Eze, Morgan Gibbs-White, Jacob Ramesy, Cruz Allen (Derby), Florian Wirtz, Sebastian Szymański, João Marques, Mikel Merino, Rayan Cherki, Bilal El Khannouss, Oscar Gloukh, Claudio Echeverri,

LF: Anthony Gordon, Jadon Sancho, Jonathan Rowe, Jack Clarke, Kasey McAteer, George Feeney (Glentorian), Antonio Nusa, Albert Guðmundsson, Timo Werner, Nebojsa Grujic (Crvena zvezda), Crysencio Summerville, Federico Chiesa, Wilfried Gnonto, Pepê, Pedro Gonçalves, João Filipe “Jota”, Ander Barrenetxea, Ansu Fati, Nico Williams, Armand Laurienté, Ousmane Dembélé, Kerem Aktürkoğlu, Esequiel Barco, Daizen Maeda, Julian Hall (NY Red Bulls), Ibrahim Osman, Omar Marmoush,
CF: Ivan Toney, Ollie Watkins, Dominic Solanke, Mike Leaburn, Evan Ferguson, Maximilian Beier, Mathys Tel, Luis Openda, Marcus Thuram, Dušan Vlahović, Dino Klapija (NK Kustošija), Semih Kılıçsoy, Marcos Leonard, Santiago Giménez, Mauro Icardi, Augustin Roberto, Jonathan David, Karim Konaté, Gift Orban, Serhou Guirassy, Kyogo Furuhashi, Hwang Hee-chan,
RF: Marcus Edwards, Roony Bardghji, Andreas Skov Olsen, Pedro Neto Brais Méndez, Moussa Diay, Michael Olise, Johan Bakayoko, Luis Guilherme, Sávio Moreira, Matías Soulé, Ian Subiabre, Paulo Dybala.
Enough links there to make a very long chain.....

Really? In a rebuilding year where the primary objective was to change the direction of the club and play football with an identity that the fans could get behind it is the points that you are concerned about? Which, in case you haven't noticed, are by far more at this stage of the campaign than in any of the past 5 seasons.

Were you expecting us to win the title, perhaps, that these dropped points really matter? And even if you were, the lack of a backup CB is not what contributed to dropped points; it was silly errors by our better players in games that we should have won going away.
Yes really.
We are actually doing much better than I expected us to do, the point is that Ange cae out in the media and asked for a CB and didnt get one at the time.

Not weird at all, not getting a defender in the summerlike Ange wanted cost us points

But ultimatly nothing to do with this transfer window.

Of course you do...so seeing as you wanna run away from this particular comparison - I'm wondering what transfer windows you rate in our history in that case?

Surely to rate this a 2/10 before Lucas was signed then there has to be a comparison point with other windows.

We all know what you've repeatedly said, we're just questioning your logic - nothing you've said makes any sense hence why I think you're just trolling for reactions.

Back
Top Bottom