January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was just pondering on who would be managing us when our impressive bunch of young players come of age. I’m probably being very optimistic, and I know Ange often only stays a couple of years, but a big part of me thinks he’s going to want to see this all come to fruition. If we’re beating the likes of Bayern and Barca to the best talent, Ange would have never been in that position before. Hopefully the project is too exciting to leave.
Angelos - unlike Conte - did not stay short at clubs because they wanted him out but he followed a certain career trajectory ...that's now lead him to Spurs.
Unless "something" happens I can envision Angelos staying for many seasons.

What's been impressive this window is our ability to do sensible business.
Look at our tip 4 rivals:
Woolwich - in desperate need of a striker, nothing doing
Man Utd - looking in bits all.over the pitch, nothing doing
Bin Dippers - probably don't need much, but nothing doing
Shirty- strongest squad in the league, nothing doing
Noocastle - injury ravaged, desperately need new players, nothing doing
West Ham (they are in 6th) - can't even get paperwork sorted for outgoings

My feelings towards the Extra Inch crew, at all times but especially now:

SzcLQ1.gif

They should be called “it’s only an inch”.

I avoid them mostly except when their always wrong opinions are shared on anything real world and I can’t because people call them out on it so it reaches me.

You have your opinion, I have mine.
When I kept saying I wanted another one or two signings, you said I was being greedy.

You were. I said the window was a good one, which it was.

Now it’s a great one.

7/10 to a 9/10.

Not 2/10 to a whatever you think it is now! That’s just you being fucking miserable. As per usual.

Now shush, you fun sponge.

Edit: A disagree means an agree. Ner ner

Let’s give it a 7/10 window with a +/- 2 variable once we find out how good all the signings are. To be fair this window has been good for getting players off our books as well. I just hope it is not like the 2019 summer window or 2020 summer window that had the illusion of being good windows.
The positive is we look like we know what we're doing, despite the transition to Lange. Quick decision on Dragusin, targeting players before they get out of our price range. Consistency of MO and way ahead of where we were in 17-21. January 2020 and now feels like a different club.

Players will still flop, we still need to find, buy or develop a couple of worldies for the front 3 if we want to be regular CL semi-finalists/compete ok a all fronts, but the club is vastly professionalised from the days of "I hate the January window". No wonder Levy keeps Paratici around.

You were. I said the window was a good one, which it was.

Now it’s a great one.

7/10 to a 9/10.

Not 2/10 to a whatever you think it is now! That’s just you being fucking miserable. As per usual.

Now shush, you fun sponge.
I never gave it a further score after we signed the kid, needless to say you were happy with 7/10.
I wanted more and we got more.

Don't rule out Nusa in the summer just yet you know....

Brentford have an absolute bastard of a fixture list up until 30th March (Man City twice, Woolwich, Liverpool, Man U, Chelsea, away games at West Ham, Wolves, Burnley etc.

Currently 4 points above relegation, they've got a lot to navigate through from now until this seasons done.

He's a crock

You gave it a 2/10 before this kid.

Nonsense. End of.
It was 2/3 out of 10, like I said you have your opinion and I have mine.
The club agreed with me that there were opportunities out there and they took it. They didn't settle for 7/10. You should be pleased.

It was 2/3 out of 10, like I said you have your opinion and I have mine.
The club agreed with me that there were opportunities out there and they took it. They didn't settle for 7/10. You should be pleased.

No. It was a 7/10 now it’s a 9.

Your opinion, as usual, is wrong.

And what part of shut up did you fail to comprehend?

Now be quiet whilst us fans enjoy ourselves.

:nunothumb:

Back
Top Bottom