January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Real M. are, according to this article, not renovating with Modric...

At this stage, in this window, with all the FFP issues etc, I would treat almost every transfer story as absolute fiction.

You have an entire industry built on transfer news, with nothing to report because everyone is shit scared to spend all of a sudden.

All the "reporters" etc all be like

Will Ferrell Taladega Nights GIF

Is this potential Bergvall deal expected to be sorted today one way or another? Or is it intended to be a summer arrival and so could drag on beyond the deadline?
you'd think either team (spurs & Barca) will want it wrapped up ASAP as possible.

Barca are in an absolute mess, and will fall even harder in the next few years with everything considering over there..

I'd imagine we can offer better terms, have fantastic facilities for a young player to develop and our youth teams are flying. I also imagine he will like London and probably speaks English and we have Deki here too.

Interesting one. Hopefully we can get him in, looks like a great one for the future.

Lots of 'possibly maybes' over in Spain, and as my old man says 'were if, buts and maybes pots and pans, we'd all be tin merchants'

you'd think either team (spurs & Barca) will want it wrapped up ASAP as possible.

Barca are in an absolute mess, and will fall even harder in the next few years with everything considering over there..

I'd imagine we can offer better terms, have fantastic facilities for a young player to develop and our youth teams are flying. I also imagine he will like London and probably speaks English and we have Deki here too.

Interesting one. Hopefully we can get him in, looks like a great one for the future.

Lots of 'possibly maybes' over in Spain, and as my old man says 'were if, buts and maybes pots and pans, we'd all be tin merchants'
Is he a development player that we end up sending out on loan, or one that would actually make the bench and get meaningful minutes?

Leao is Ballotelli? LOL

Look, Leao has always been an example for me more than him as a specific player and I agree we won't sign him. I'm more saying we need to sign a player that consistently does what he's capable of at his best.

If we want to challenge for big things, we need a star quality forward. Either a LWF and Son plays #9 more often, or a #9 and Son plays LWF more often but really #9 in this system isn't a dominant role and Richy performs the role almost perfectly. So, IMO it's a LWF we need.
Wait a year or two and we'll get that Lee Kang-in from PSG on the cheap.

I'd rather a player with less individual brilliance but who's gonna work his bollocks off on both sides of the ball, and not be a nuisance in the locker room...than a Leao type, who can be sensational offensively on his day but who's never gonna track back and also gonna be a ghost for 10 weeks every season.

Substance over style any day. Unless you can find a new Zidane, who had it all (minus the silly headbutt in a WC Final that it).

10 g 12 a in 103 apps for Wolves.

Has good games and people get excited but he's a back up wide player on a title-challenging prem squad.

They might need to be imaginative to find the missing piece tbh. Not sure that's Pedro Neto, especially for the money they'd ask.
napoleon dynamite vote GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Sorry, I hear Pedro, I think of this.

Wait a year or two and we'll get that Lee Kang-in from PSG on the cheap.

I'd rather a player with less individual brilliance but who's gonna work his bollocks off on both sides of the ball, and not be a nuisance in the locker room...than a Leao type, who can be sensational offensively on his day but who's never gonna track back and also gonna be a ghost for 10 weeks every season.

Substance over style any day. Unless you can find a new Zidane, who had it all (minus the silly headbutt in a WC Final that it).

I think the team culture takes care of the hard work part these days.

When Son and Madders are your best technically but also work the hardest along with Richy as your #9, nobody in the playing staff is tolerating any player not working their bollox off.

I like Kang In as well btw. He could explode imo as well.

Werner has the ability to throw some complications into the decision because he’s at 3 AST in 2 prem games. If he adds 4/5 goals and assists 2-3 more, you are almost obliged to take the permanent at 15m

With Son back, where is the space in the squad for an elite forward?

Probably you have to move Solomon on in the summer if you pick up Werner and make a call if you see Son starting more at LW or 9.

Back
Top Bottom